Author Topic: Hi from the US of A  (Read 9849 times)

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
Re: Hi from the US of A
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2009, 10:33:23 pm »
I did not get the same cookbooks that I see a lot of you referring to, but my husband also got me the gluten free cookbook from Australia as I have celiac disease.

It is just the two of us (plus our loveable Westie), but we already use the Thermomix several times a day. He has started drinking smoothies almost daily. My friends are pretty sick of hearing "guess what I made yesterday?".

The forum is great and I am happy to be here!

Glad to have you join us  :-*  Should your loveable Westie wish to benefit from the Thermomix, you might want to give these a try http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=484.0.  My dog loves them.

Out of interest, which cookbook did you get with your Thermomix?  Always interested to hear of others.

Enjoy the forum - and welcome.
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Offline AuntAnnie

• View Profile
    • Aunt Annie$s Attic
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2009, 02:38:25 am »
The tuna doggie treats look great except I will have to use GF flour-- no wheat flour allowed in the house. I have pretty bad reactions.

I got the cookbook called Recipes for Easy Cooking with the Thermomix. 154 pp. total. DH also purchased the Australian GF cookbook for me. But, no Nutella recipe  :D. A few other recipes everyone refers to are also missing, but I have been tracking them down here and there.

I am addicted to the orange juice-- Sunshine in a Glass they call it. I add in a few carrots now and then, too.

Unconundrum-- Blue Fin is good. There is also a good place in Norristown right on Main St. They have Korean, sushi, and a bit of Chinese. It is called August Moon. I live about halfway between Blue Fin and August Moon.
Aunt Annie

Offline UnConundrum

• View Profile
    • What I love to eat
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2009, 03:26:01 am »
Used to travel down to August Moon pretty frequently years ago, then the staff (and owners? ) changed and it wasn't the same.  We've been back a few times, but nothing special enough for the trip (Norristown is about an hour away depending on traffic).

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2009, 12:07:34 pm »
G'day to you Aunt Annie. I was born in Syracuse but haved lived in Australia for more than 45 years. Welcome to the wonderful world of Thermomix  nutters. We love it and you will too.

Cheers,
Gretchen
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.