Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6078152 times)

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #24135 on: June 29, 2020, 11:11:32 pm »
I have been tied to my desk since Saturday with stock take (took 2 days longer this year for some reason).  The guys next door caught me as I was walking up the road yesterday (silver lining time!) and said to go in to see them today as they wanted to give me a birthday lunch (I don't know how they knew about that, but it is incredibly generous of them as they spent a lot of time and money setting up their shop only to be open for a couple of months before COVID struck and I know they are doing it hard).  All the small businesses along this part of our street are giving them heaps of support, though, buying their meals, forwarding information on JobKeeper, helping with advice whenever appropriate, etc.  I also take their green rubbish away every week for compost so that saves them from having to pay a commercial company to take everything away - my compost heap is rapidly filling up but I see one of my neighbours has recently bought a pig so I might visit them to see if they want to take some of the greens off my hands every other week.

On another subject, one of my colleagues was assaulted on Thursday - he is a fast walker and was simply 'overtaking' a slower walker who turned on him and punched him in the face.  He has got a couple of broken bones in his face and is to see the surgeon today.  Fortunately, he seems in good spirits but it was a terrible thing to happen.

Now, it is time for me to get back to finalising the stock take and getting on to the rest of my EOFY chores.  I'll be back again in a couple of days.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline mcmich

• View Profile
« Reply #24136 on: June 30, 2020, 05:05:51 am »
Good luck with the stocktake, Marina.
It's lovely how you are supporting the businesses around you.
What a dreadful thing to happen to your friend. Walkers rage. It must have been a very hard punch to break bones. I hope he was caught and will be punished for he has done. Well wishes for a full recovery both physically and mentally to your friend.
Michele - Lake Macquarie, NSW

"Just tell yourself Duckie, you're really quite lucky." Dr Seuss

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24137 on: June 30, 2020, 09:08:11 am »
Happy birthday for the 28th Marina.  You’re wonderful with what you do for those around you and it sounds as if the whole community are caring as well. community around you. I think we need eyes in the back of our head when walking around the streets these days, I really feel for that poor chap.

I’ve been up to my SIL & BIL’s place for lunch again today - I enjoy catching up with them.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #24138 on: June 30, 2020, 09:08:45 am »
What a shocking thing to happen to your colleague Cuilidh, I hope it doesn't leave him with any lasting side affects.  I just don't understand people like this.  Must have been on drugs, why else would someone do that? (shakes head)  >:(

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24139 on: June 30, 2020, 12:54:03 pm »
How horrid Marina. When everyone should be kind to each other.
Happy birthday, don’t work too hard.
Today we filled our bins and have heaps to take to Good Sammy’s. It’s all your fault Judy......I think you started it.  :D We’re trying to be very strict.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #24140 on: June 30, 2020, 10:05:41 pm »
Marina, Happy Birthday. That is awful about your colleague.  What nice neighbours to give you a Birthday party.
Blood test day today.  We don’t really want to go out but this must be done. Panic buying again going on in Ballarat. We have kept up our supplies as this has always been our habit. I believe that there are shortages of toilet paper, eggs, sugar, flour and milk.
Our  DS and family , in Melbourne, are in the lockdown area.  It won’t be too hard on them as they have continued to maintain the rules throughout the virus period. 

Online K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #24141 on: June 30, 2020, 11:23:31 pm »
Marina happy birthday. Chookie well done in keeping your supplies up . It’s hard for everyone like your DS that has been doing the right thing to be in lockdown. Awhile ago a friend said well we know we can do lockdown again as we have already done it . Still not happy if we do .
Been absent as kids and I have a mini break to beach , saw DM as she left bonus. Kids squeezed walks sunset sunrise photos , drone photos !! A big walk in while I did some therapy clothes shop . Even had takeaway fish and chips . Only disaster was I sat on my reading glasses , bad move the arm looked like a antenna!! Snapped off . So DM took them to Melbourne to be fixed , that’s the silver lining. We don’t want to go but a quick pack up off on the ferry home before dark is my goal . Stocking up on the best fruit and veg too. Think I managed quite well as had yet another migraine knocking trying hard to debilitate me , l won .

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #24142 on: June 30, 2020, 11:37:13 pm »
Congratulations on conquering that migraine, Katie - I have never had one, and I sincerely hope I never do.  Thanks to all for birthday wishes to me and best wishes to my colleague.  He will find out on Friday if he has to go into surgery.  He seems in good spirits and his partner is working from home just now so he is not by himself all day.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline mcmich

• View Profile
« Reply #24143 on: July 01, 2020, 08:30:35 am »
Nice to take a break Katie.
The panic buying has started again here in Newcastle/Lake Macquarie. No toilet paper, paper towel, flour or sugar. The antiseptic sprays and wipes are low too. You think we would have learned from the first time. We don't even have any active cases of Covid or we didn't as of yesterday.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24144 on: July 01, 2020, 09:19:11 am »
People go crazy, as soon as one place starts it they all follow.  You'd think they would still have ample supplies from earlier.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24145 on: July 01, 2020, 10:19:51 am »
I shopped this afternoon and was shocked to find that panic buying is occurring here too. People must be crazy.
Sorry to hear your DS is in the Covid area in Melbourne Chookie.
We had a visit from my brother and his wife this morning, so the throwing out was held off until tomorrow.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #24146 on: July 01, 2020, 01:22:42 pm »
Yesterday was rubbish day so I filled a bag with stuff and put it in the bin.  If I do this every week it may not be toooo painful.
K ATIE, nice to get away for a few days. Glad you beat the migraine.

Offline mcmich

• View Profile
« Reply #24147 on: July 01, 2020, 02:38:04 pm »
Went to mums today. After taking her shopping we cleaned her linen press out. Got rid of 3 black gaqrden garbage bags of linen. The towels, I took to a dog wash place, some to the Salvos and the rest was tossed. I found 11 new tea towels so then we tidied her tea towel drawer. I do love a declutter.

One tip I picked up - instead of using damp rid mum places kitty litter in small containers in her cupboards.

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #24148 on: July 02, 2020, 06:32:26 am »
Yesterday was rubbish day so I filled a bag with stuff and put it in the bin.  If I do this every week it may not be toooo painful.
K ATIE, nice to get away for a few days. Glad you beat the migraine.

I read recently, if you only throw 1 thing out per day, over the year you would have gotten rid of 365 things!  Sounds simple enough. Imagine if you threw 2 things out a day or 3.  I might try this myself ;D

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #24149 on: July 02, 2020, 11:41:36 am »
Julie, like that idea but I need for the items to leave the house immediately.  Otherwise I might be tempted to recover them.
Most of today was consulting about Solar panels for the roof.  Fortunately our DS is working with us. He took a series of drone photos of the roof.