Author Topic: A Gluten-free Recipe: Chickpea and Meatballs Soup (with photo)  (Read 3486 times)

Offline farfallina

• View Profile
    • Thermomix Tarif Defterim

Even if there might have occasionally been some gluten-free recipes among the ones I've posted so far I didn't publish anything specifically made for those suffer from celiac disease

I got this recipe from the book named "Celiachia" which has gluten-free recipes.

A Gluten-free Recipe: Chickpea and Meatballs Soup

Ingredients

Meatballs
250g veal, cut into 2-3cm pieces
90g grated parmesan
1 egg
15g parsley leaves
Salt, black pepper

Soup
1 can of boiled chickpeas (1 can=400g brut, 220-250g net)
150g celery stick, roughly chopped
75g carrots, roughly chopped
75g onion, quartered
80g spinach leaves, chopped
75g tomatoes, cubed
30g extra virgin olive oil
20g grated parmesan
750g water
1 tbsp Thermomix vegetable stock concentrate
Salt

Preparing the meatballs

* Place entire amount of roughly chopped parmesan (110g) in TM Bowl and grate for 15 seconds gradually speeding up from 2 to 9 and set aside
    * Chop parsley for 5 seconds on Speed 7, set aside
    * Mince meat for 20 seconds on Speed 7
    * Add 90g of grated parmesan, salt, pepper, egg and half of chopped parsley. Mix for 20 seconds on Reverse / Speed 4. Set aside
    * Get small pieces, roll them into small balls, coat with corn starch and place them in Steaming Basket. (Wet your hands every once in a while to work better)

Preparing the soup

* Chop onion, celery and carrot for 5 seconds on Speed 7. Scrape down the sides of TM Bowl
    * Add oil and cook for 3 minutes at 100ºC on Speed 1
    * Add chopped spinach
    * Add water, Thermomix concentrate, tomatoes and chickpeas. Cook for 15 minutes at 100ºC on Reverse / Speed 1
    * Adjust salt and insert Steaming Basket with the meatballs

* Cook for 20 minutes at 100ºC on Reverse / Speed 1
    * Remove Steaming Basket and put the meatballs in a tureen
    * Pour down also the soup and stir

* Serve into the bowls. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and grated parmesan

Afiyet olsun

It's adapted with a few changes from the recipe called Zuppa di Ceci e Polpettine in the book named Celiachia

Photos: http://thermomixtarifdefterim.blogspot.com/2011/03/gluten-free-recipe-chickpea-and.html

Offline Very Happy Jan

• View Profile
Re: A Gluten-free Recipe: Chickpea and Meatballs Soup (with photo)
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 11:53:47 am »
Sounds very nice farfallina. I would have to blitz the chickpeas so no one knew they were there.  ;) ;)
Jan.  Perth,  Western Australia
Adolescence is a time of great change. Between the ages of 12 and 17 a parent can age 20 years.