Author Topic: just feeling proud to let everyone know i made my first cooking book  (Read 11156 times)

Offline stef

• my favorite monkey in antwerp zoo
    • View Profile
    • our business
i know this is not a TM  issue, but as a new member in the TM forum , i am so proud i was able to make my own cooking book.. it is not for sale as it is, so this is a non commercial post... i just feel so proud that i finished it, that i want to show of the front page of it.

Being allergic to food additives, i started a journey to re-invent lots of food and basic stuff that one buys in supermarkets normally but that i can not have..  this book represents my victory over the food industry.. showing that you can make even your own tabasco sauce, or HP sauce..   

so here it is, not for sale, only in flemish language... the cover of my book ..    next step will be to introduce the thermomix in my recipes  :)  i look forward to some of the response and will be glad to try to answer all questions :)
tnx
stef
Live life to the fullest

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
What a wonderful achievement Stef.The front covet looks stunning with appetizing photographs of recipes.The Thermomix will certainly aid you in developing more recipes that are additive free. :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
Stefan, this is fab.  Looks professional.

Offline stef

• View Profile
    • our business
tnx for the response :)

i also feel proud that the pictures are genuine.. they all were taken just a minute before serving, no fakes, no adding uneatable stuff to make them look good ..   all of them taken in my kitchen wit a simple digital reflex and the light of day or the kitchen lamps :)

Live life to the fullest

Offline Shiraz49

• View Profile
Looks wonderful Stef. What an achievement. The photos look amazing. Even better that it was real food.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
What a brilliant achievement.  There is so much work in producing something like this - it's not just a matter of putting recipes together in one place, there are so many other aspects involved as well.  You've done really well.  Congratulations.  Maybe one day, when you have finished the TMX version you will post a couple of recipes on the forum.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline stef

• View Profile
    • our business
i just started to post some stuff.. .i am so very new to TM so still learning .. i put a nut butter in the condiments part today and a belgium chocolate recipe in the deserts...   and i promiss i will adapt my ketchup, mango ketchup, habanero (tabasco style) sauce and so on very very soon an  share them with all of you .. i never felt that welcome in any place then here  :)
Live life to the fullest

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
Congratulations Stef and well done - especially for all that hard work!! I can only imagine the time and effort that would go into preparing, cooking, plating, photographing etc let alone getting the recipe right in the first place to publish  :o :o It is definitely something for you to be very proud of  :)

I too would love it when you have some of those sauces converted to the TMX if you would share.
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
I've already down loaded your nut butter recipe and am looking forward to making it next week.  Thanks for sharing it with us.

Offline stef

• View Profile
    • our business
so i guess my next book will be in english for all of you guys  :) 
Live life to the fullest

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
NO PRESSURE!!!  ;D ;D lol
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
Well ..... now that you mention it, that seems like a really good idea - although, if you are really serious, there will be a lot of complications, like copyright, distribution, etc.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not writing this to put you off, just giving you a wee idea of what may be ahead if you decide to undertake this as a purely commercial venture.  I, for one, would love a book like yours, but there is so much involved, be sure you give it thorough consideration before committing yourself to it.  As faffa says, NO PRESSURE!

Offline stef

• View Profile
    • our business
once again.. this is not a comercial program.. this is just about the love to share.. and to be honest .. i love to have my book around.. to feel the pages, to have a back bone in my kitchen for all my food...  it is a kind of sharing thing ... and all of the recipes are things i tried to trial and error....    all of it is my own ...   
having said that.. i had the opposite going on..  we have a tv program here in flanders where a tv chef comes to the rescue when recipes fail.. he showed me how to make paté...  and he stole my recipe for belgian pickalilly ... presented it on tv as his own.. ofcourse i signed a form that what happened during the recordings ... you know where i am heading..

again i am not in this to earn money.. just because i feel proud of what i did .. and to just share with the world ! if i need to have my book printed , that costs me 39.80 something euro,  no winnings there ... 
but i thinnk it would be great if we all can pull together to get a thermopedia on the go...  everyone just has to agree not to ask for rights on recipes or adaptations suggested 
Live life to the fullest

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
You are a very generous, kind hearted man, Stef.  So sorry to hear about the TV chef - I had heard at some time in the past, that they can be very predatory in that way, it does leave a sadness in your heart when that happens to you, though.

Offline stef

• View Profile
    • our business
You are a very generous, kind hearted man, Stef.  So sorry to hear about the TV chef - I had heard at some time in the past, that they can be very predatory in that way, it does leave a sadness in your heart when that happens to you, though.

that is ok ) thx for your sympathic reaction ... :)  i got my revenge in the end  lol  :)   i rather share the recipes with you than with some one like that though  :)
Live life to the fullest