Welcoming Center, Management and General Chat > Chit Chat

Uses for Dukkah

<< < (4/10) > >>

judydawn:
Thanks for bringing this subject up Cathy   :-* :-* - it has really sparked my interest now.  I know my DD & SIL love this type of thing but after doing a bit of research I think I might enjoy it too.  Check out some of the nice recipes on

http://www.tableofplenty.com.au/recipes.asp. 

I think dukkah will be appearing somewhere on our Easter feast table.  Have only just begun my search for recipes and will spend some more time until I have enough recipes printed out for a dukkah file.

cathy79:
Sounds like you can use it in almost anything.  Thanks for the link - some great ideas.

meganjane:
 When I make potato wedges, I often put dukkah in my coating.

For wedges, boil up whole potatoes in the TMX basket until only just cooked. Allow to cool then slice in half and cut wedges from each half. Mix up the following in a plastic bag:
3 Tbsp rice flour or fine polenta
salt, pepper & paprika to taste (about 1/2 tsp of each)

Dampen the wedges and place into bag. Shake to coat. For low fat, spray with oil and bake in a hot oven until browned. For full fat, deep fry. Lovely and crunchy!

maddy:
It's lovely mixed in tomato soup.

I too often enjoy the bread/oil/dukkah dipping with wine and friends  ;)

meganjane:
Mmm, sounds good maddy.

Also great when making mixed roasted veges, large dice style. Cut up a variety of root veges into large dice, steam for a minute or so, then toss in olive oil and dukkah and roast in a hot oven.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version