Author Topic: Versatile Veggie burgers  (Read 8059 times)

Offline Decadent Dot

• View Profile
Versatile Veggie burgers
« on: September 02, 2011, 08:22:48 am »
Here I have adapted a weight watcher burger for the Thermomix. According to my Diet-Pro software, each burger is just 1.3 WW points and 93.26 Kcals. My picture shows a batch ready for freezing.

Name of Recipe:
Veggie Burgers

Number of People:
10 burgers

Ingredients:
400g  potatoes
500 g mixed zero veg
1 bunch fresh parsley
1 Tbs Vegetable oil
1 clove garlic
1 leek
2 Tbs soy sauce
1 Tbs tomato puree
1 large egg
Salt, nutmeg, black pepper to taste.
    For the flour dusting
2 Tbs        Flour plain
Salt,, black pepper to taste

Preparation:
   1. Chop the potatoes into 2 cm chunks. Chop all the vegetables into 2 cm chunks
    2. Put parsley into TMB and chop Set aside but no need to wash the TMB
   3. Put oil in TMB and heat for 1 min/100°/speed 1
   4. Drop the garlic into the TMB with blades running 5 secs/speed 9.
   5. Add leeks and chop 30 secs/speed 5. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with the spatula and saute the contents. for 3 MINS/100°.SPEED 1
   6. You could use 2nd bowl here: or put the leek mixture to one side. A quick rinse of the bowl will do Put 1 ltr water in TM Bowl. Insert steaming basket. Put potatoes inside the basket
   7. Place Varoma Bowl. Place vegetables inside. Cover with Varoma Lid. Cook for 20 minutes/ Varoma/ Speed 1
   8. Check that the potatoes and vegetables are cooked before emptying the liquid out of the TM Bowl Keep water aside to use later in a soup recipe) Insert butterfly into TMB add potatoes . Mash for 2-4 secs/ speed 4.
   9. Cool down your TMB by rinsing under cold water. (or use another TM bowl) Put all the veggies in TM Bowl. Mix for 10 seconds on Speed 4. At the same time mix also with TM Spatula through the hole of TM Lid
   10. Add the mashed potato, sautéed leek and garlic soy sauce, tomato puree, beaten egg, parsley, salt and pepper. Mix for 10 seconds on Speed 4. Using the Spatula through the hole of TM Lid.
   11. If the mixture seems a bit wet, you can cool it in the refrigerator for half an hour to make it more workable. Shape the mixture into 10 burgers.
   12. In a dish put flour salt and pepper. Dip the burgers lightly into the flour mixture on both sides.
   13 a) Spray a tray with the low fat cooking spray. Bake in preheated oven at 220ºC for 15-20 minutes. ( After 10 minutes turn them over and then continue to cook) b) If preferred, you can also fry them in a non stick frying pan for 10 minutes until softened and golden

Photos:

Tips/Hints:
Freeze them and just take out what you need. (Leave the flour dusting till you are ready to cook them. They are very versatile.You can serve them with bacon for breakfast or salsa. for lunch or with meat or fish for dinner

DD (short for Dot) Nottinghamshire, England
Educate a girl and you educate a family!

Offline LeeJ

• View Profile
Re: Versatile Veggie burgers
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, 09:36:53 am »
This is just the 'veggie burger' recipe I was searching for a month ago! Will pop this on the to do list :)

What is your suggestion for the zero veg?

Offline Decadent Dot

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2011, 09:47:30 am »
Hi Leej,
Well almost all green vegetables are zero rated e.g. broccoli, cabbage, beans, etc. You can of course put almost any veg in these burgers. You already have the leek in there though this could be substituted for onion if preferred. In this batch I did put in carrots and parsnips both of which are not zero rated due to the sugars.....but hey! we are not talking too much sin here are we  ;D ;D

Offline djinni373

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2011, 04:13:04 am »
Thanks DDot. These are on my list for the coming week. I am loving these healthy recipes for the thermie (shame I can't say the same for the family  :-)). Please keep 'em coming.  :) :) :)
“Age isn’t a number, it’s an attitude.“

Offline Decadent Dot

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2011, 06:33:47 am »
I am loving these healthy recipes for the thermie (shame I can't say the same for the family
The truth sometimes prepares them to criticize. Don't tell em then is my philosophy.  :-))