Author Topic: Are my blades ruined?  (Read 15911 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Are my blades ruined?
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2011, 01:13:32 am »
What luck to find someone with a spare set of blades close by. This posting will be a warning to all of us not to overload or blitz pieces that are too big. Sorry you had to be the one to teach us that lesson Narelle.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline ~Narelle~

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2011, 04:00:26 am »
Thanks judydawn - yes learnt the hard way.  Thermie is now cooking away last nights tea!  The consultant did say that it shouldn't matter as long as the pieces weren't bigger than the MC whole which I didn't do.  She's going to talk to HO anyway.  Either way, I am not without a thermomix!

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2011, 04:19:05 am »
I am a little puzzled too Narelle, cos I only basically make recipes from the forum and rarely would the jug be full to capacity. My problem showed up both times when I was trying to make mince. I would only do about 300-400g at a time, and the meat was par frozen. I will be furious if it happens again.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2011, 08:05:13 am »
Thanks everyone.  I probably have been a bit slack in the chopping size of hard vegetables so perhaps inadvertently overloading :( anyhoo, my consultant is no longer selling but I've found another who lives close by and has a set of blades I can buy today.  So I will still contact HO (not sure if I bought at the end of Aug 09 or 08) but at the very least I've got new blades today.  I was having withdrawals already!
Thanks again

It was August 09.  I can remember sitting next to you at the class and convincing you.  ;) ;D So glad that you have got it sorted.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2011, 09:15:42 am »
Glad to hear that it's all sorted out Narelle,it's a shock when you think you can't use Thermie.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2011, 01:19:22 am »
i've been pretty careful about not overloading since my tmx was last repaired ;)
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline ~Narelle~

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2011, 08:52:51 am »
Thanks everyone.  I probably have been a bit slack in the chopping size of hard vegetables so perhaps inadvertently overloading :( anyhoo, my consultant is no longer selling but I've found another who lives close by and has a set of blades I can buy today.  So I will still contact HO (not sure if I bought at the end of Aug 09 or 08) but at the very least I've got new blades today.  I was having withdrawals already!
Thanks again

It was August 09.  I can remember sitting next to you at the class and convincing you.  ;) ;D So glad that you have got it sorted.
Thanks Chelsea. I kinda thought it was 09 but the brain is mush!  Yes it's all good now.