Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6136656 times)

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #10860 on: September 27, 2013, 10:51:55 am »
How lovely. Is it still cold there?  I have the fans on here. It will be a huge day all around.   

Go the dockers

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
What have you been doing today?
« Reply #10861 on: September 27, 2013, 11:43:37 am »
Lovely photo Katie and Judy. Happy birthday to someone for tomorrow.

Today I did the grocery shopping. I am sure you all saw me (and if you didn't I will be on you tube very soon). Yes that was me carrying the screaming, crying, naughty toddler through the aisles at Coles. And all because I let his brother choose the bag of cinnamon donuts which was supposed to be a treat for a great week and good behaviour!  Yes, that was me out for a jog this afternoon with same toddler on bike, screaming, crying and deliberately ramming into his brother. When we finally made it home, 30 minutes later, he said "gee I really enjoyed that". He is lucky I don't list him on eBay! :D How many days of school holidays left?

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #10862 on: September 27, 2013, 12:01:54 pm »
And I just want to add Frozzie's DD in those young ladies who make my jaded heart sing.

Gert

Just saw this now gert... Thankyou thats sweet xx
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #10863 on: September 27, 2013, 12:15:44 pm »
if I were you kimmy (and capable of running) I would have run abit faster to get away from him. I find distance makes the heart grow fonder. same thing in the supermarket - there are plenty of magazines to read at the checkout and you can stick your nose in one of those and pretend they don't belong to you. take them to the fruit and vege section and have a competition to see who can hold a watermelon over their heads whilst you get the rest of your shopping done (maybe not?)  ;D

I grew up in a country town and mum would leave us in the car while she went inside and grabbed a few things. we invariably would get bored and start fighting, honking the horn, and generally making as much noise as we possibly could. Funnily enough when mum got back to the car we were exhausted and she wasnt really interested in our stories about how "the other one" started it. We were told that we werent going to get anything if we came with her and we weren't going to get out of the car so generally I think the fights were a lot of fun so it doesn't surprise me that your toddler enjoyed the bike ride

Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10864 on: September 27, 2013, 12:41:41 pm »
I thought it was quite a good picture Katie, sorry  ;D

Katie gave me the 'Save with Jamie' book and a Donna Hay cooling rack - I am a bit spoilt by this lovely lady.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10865 on: September 27, 2013, 12:45:22 pm »
My my. Yes you are and good  on Katie .

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10866 on: September 27, 2013, 01:06:25 pm »
A lovely birthday lunch Judy and Katie.
CP you bring back memories. We didn't tag along with Mum, we just walked round the street, or went to the playground. I think my town probably had less traffic than yours. Usually it was only one day a week and by the time we walked down the street after school Mum was just about ready to go home.
As teenagers I used to spend 10d and have a malt frappe and sit around the bakery with others.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10867 on: September 27, 2013, 01:11:10 pm »
Lovely photo Katie and Judy. Happy birthday to someone for tomorrow.

Today I did the grocery shopping. I am sure you all saw me (and if you didn't I will be on you tube very soon). Yes that was me carrying the screaming, crying, naughty toddler through the aisles at Coles. And all because I let his brother choose the bag of cinnamon donuts which was supposed to be a treat for a great week and good behaviour!  Yes, that was me out for a jog this afternoon with same toddler on bike, screaming, crying and deliberately ramming into his brother. When we finally made it home, 30 minutes later, he said "gee I really enjoyed that". He is lucky I don't list him on eBay! :D How many days of school holidays left?
A friend of mine was carrying their screaming child through a supermarket recently but the child decided to scream back "I want my Mummy"
poor friend left the shop ASAP before she was challenged.Kids are getting very smart these days :D :D :D :D

Nice photo of you and Katie Judy ;D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #10868 on: September 27, 2013, 01:15:29 pm »
Somehow I missed the pic  :D you both look nice and relaxed
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #10869 on: September 27, 2013, 01:18:47 pm »
Lovely pic girls and happy bday for tomorrow :)

Lol kimmy.. One week to go...
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10870 on: September 27, 2013, 01:20:11 pm »
Gert our weather is so changeable here at the moment - today was warm whilst the sun was out then quite cool when it disappeared behind clouds.  

Kimmy loved your story but it is a bit embarrassing when kids act this way in public. Tomorrow said toddler will probably be a little angel.  You are right CC, kids know how to turn the tables on you these days, they are definitely smarter than we were.

See Katie, I knew the girls would appreciate a photo  ;D  Very relaxed CP, only 1 glass of wine though.

Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
« Reply #10871 on: September 27, 2013, 01:23:30 pm »
Happy Birthday to Someone tomorrow.] ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Glad you had a lovely lunch together.

Kimmy, I think that most of us with kids have been in your position at one time or another. I remember being heavily pregnant and having to pick up my screaming, wriggling toddler under one arm from the very middle of a large shopping centre where the stage normally sits and waddle out with everyone watching from the food court above.

I had a lovely morning at home pottering around with a sewing project that has been on the back burner for quite a while. The rest of the day was busy as usual, and now I am trying to think of some footy themed, bite size desserts to take to the grand final BBQ tomorrow. I'm thinking Portuguese custard tarts for Hawthorn, and caramel tarts topped with cream, blueberries, kiwi fruit and strawberries for Freemantle. Since my team was knocked out of the finals by Maddy's team, I 'll be supporting the Dockers tomorrow.
"A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious." Anonymous

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #10872 on: September 27, 2013, 08:21:41 pm »
Kimmy, thanks for sharing your toddler adventures - so it's not just me then!  ;)
For us the school term just ended yesterday, so looking at two weeks with my little darlings. DS has been really testing my patience lately  so could be "interesting".

I had a busy day yesterday with paperwork, school sausage sizzle lunch, kindy cleanup. Looking forward to a restful day today. DH helping a friend move this morning. Might head to the botanical gardens today to see the tulips - tulip Sunday is tomorrow (bit of a festival day) but the forecast is for rain. And some time this weekend we will pop in to the Home and Garden Show.
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #10873 on: September 27, 2013, 09:39:00 pm »
going shopping today
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #10874 on: September 27, 2013, 09:42:47 pm »
Went on a mad dash to town to the cash n carry for bread rolls and few other things. The rolls are good 99p for 6 and BOGOF! So in the freezer they went.
 Diesel for car.
 Polish for new wood and parts for the electrician.
Then lunch, dog walking and training on and off all day.
Stained some new wood work to make it look like the old stuff.
Roast chicken dinner.
Hoovering plumbers dust and
Now to bed!

DH and DS dug trench outside for water pipes.
DH hacking tiles off in bathroom as old bath going away for re enamelling soon.
Dreading next week as windows as well. Electrician back on thurs/fri . Plumbers all week and new windows. Can't wait for it to finish and our new lives to take shape. There is NO room we can all hide in until it gets better.

Broadband still not good enough for pics. My new mobile not great either. May have to go and change networks under the  14 day guarantee.
Dog training tomorrow.....