Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6035947 times)

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #120 on: June 18, 2012, 08:16:48 am »
he's gone to Melbourne, so looks like we'll have to pop over one weekend and see how he's doing sometime. We see quite abit of DD22 as she flies home regularly. Think there will be some adjustments that will be made in our fridge department, and maybe I can join in the $100 a week food challenge  :D
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline deedub

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 18, 2012, 08:22:00 am »
Went into work today for first time in 2 weeks. Have been working from home while DD is sick then was off sick myself. Sent her to school today, got the call from the school nurse & picked her up at 12.30, then finished off my work at home. Bad mother for sending her to school while she still has that cough! Looks like I'll have to keep her home tomorrow, at least I don't have to work.
Melbourne, inner north

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 18, 2012, 09:43:47 am »
DD and I went into the city today.( she has 2 weeks holiday) We bought my new ipad and a lovely red cover for it. I was so impressed with the people in the Apple shop. They were ever so helpful.
Came home about 3.15 and got the washing in and folded it. The freezer is feeding us tonight. It was lovely to put the washing out and get it in on the same day again. We had a beautiful day here today.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 18, 2012, 09:46:26 am »
thanks for reminding me I'd better get the washing off the line cookie
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 18, 2012, 10:17:59 am »
What did I do today - oh, nothing really, :-))  apart from getting 3 meals + snacks prepared, cooked (if needed) and dished up; 3 loads of washing washed, dried, folded and put away; the house tidied and vacuumed; dishwasher emptied, loaded and on again; 3 kids looked after; all the last leeks and spring onions from the garden washed, dried, chopped, bagged and frozen (there was a LOT); some zucchini brownies made for DDs lunchbox; DH and DDs lunchboxes packed and in the fridge ready for tomorrow; 3 girls showered and into pjs.... etc. Just nothing much out of an ordinary day!! Am about to read storys to girls; put washing machine on automatic so it is ready to hang before the girls get up in the morning; have a shower and GO to bed myself!! Back into routine tomorrow after the holidays!! :)
:D

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 18, 2012, 11:02:51 am »
I can't remember what I did today. I'm sure I did do something... maybe... :-))

Where does the time go? ???

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 18, 2012, 10:02:52 pm »
Walked the dog.Dropped DH off at the local station as he had an appointment in London.Attended my Pilates class :P Grocery shopping.Walked the dog again.Picked DH from the station.Boring Monday :D :D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 19, 2012, 02:10:23 am »
I don't know where this energy has come from, but I'm itching to go for a run. I need to do it before the enthusiasm leaves me.

But the sky is grey and cloudy and it was raining this morning. I don't want to be running through puddles. My sneakers cost me $170.

Doing laps of my bedroom doesn't really work... and the scenery gets quite boring :-))

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 19, 2012, 03:03:28 am »
Amy that's funny, doing laps in the bedroom..
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 19, 2012, 03:08:50 am »
Amy that's funny, doing laps in the bedroom..

It sure feels funny Robyn, especially when the dizziness kicks in! Going around and round and round and round.. :-))

My bedroom isn't very big. And I have lots of furniture. So I sort of end up just turning around in circles. It doesn't really work :(

But its still raining...

Offline deedub

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 19, 2012, 04:10:56 am »
School run (or walk, to be more precise), washing, grocery shopping, took DD2 to doctor, a bit of cleaning. After I pick up DD1 from school we're off to swimming lessons then home for dinner. Typical 'day off' for me.
Melbourne, inner north

Offline desi

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 19, 2012, 04:22:53 am »
I thought I didn't have a lot of stuff in my house until we started the renos. I have been decluttering for half the day today and that's to be continued till tomorrow. I don't know where all this stuff came from :o

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #132 on: June 19, 2012, 06:36:05 am »
Sounds like fun Desi (not)
It's amazing how much stuff we accumulate over the years :)
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 19, 2012, 06:56:49 am »
Sounds like fun Desi (not)
It's amazing how much stuff we accumulate over the years :)

Yeah, I guess its because all the "stuff" holds memories for us and we don't want to lose them :)

Or maybe we're just lazy and can't be bothered having a good clean out :-))

Offline desi

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 19, 2012, 07:11:04 am »
The trouble is dede that it is very difficult to resist buying new things. There is always something we "need" and that replaces the one that has gone into the unwanted bag :)