Author Topic: TM on airplanes?  (Read 5124 times)

Offline riv_mum

• View Profile
    • Thermotalk
TM on airplanes?
« on: December 27, 2009, 03:26:45 am »
Just wondering if anyone knew any info on whether you can take the TM on airplanes. Are they too big in the carrybag for hand luggage?
Sheree
Tupperware and Thermomix Consultant.
www.thermotalk.webs.com

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
Re: TM on airplanes?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2009, 06:15:19 am »
I have a customer who took it to Hong Kong as hand luggage in the bag. Weight wise it is ok, size might be a bit so so, I guess it depends if they want to be picky. Just make sure the blades are packed in the luggage though as you won't get them through!!
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline Sundari

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2009, 07:31:31 am »
I flew domestic twice recently and took it as hand luggage - weight it is Ok at 6.3kg  HOWEVER size wise it didn't fit under the seat or in the overhead lockers whichever way you put it - the hosties didn't notice that I had to put it under my feet with nowhere to place my feet so crossed legs - in the gap between seats. I also removed the blades and put them in my luggage and on one trip they got me to open it up and check it at security - once I explained blades were out they were ok.
I have also travelled with it as luggage a few times this year which was much easier - ideally keep your TM box and packaging and package it , tape it and put it on with your other luggage and it counts towards your weight.
I also would recommend looking into insurance eg I upgraded my contents insurance to cover accidental loss and damage away from home and had the TM listed as a contents item. Not sure if insurance by the airlines would dover it.
Birth Worker
Mum to one DD 6yrs
Thermomix Consultant

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2009, 12:59:24 pm »
JaneeZee took hers on the plane with blades in check luggage
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline riv_mum

• View Profile
    • Thermotalk
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2009, 01:18:17 am »
Thanks All. I had heard of ppl taking them but didnt know how they got on. Hadn't even thought of the blades issue!!!!!!
Sheree
Tupperware and Thermomix Consultant.
www.thermotalk.webs.com