Author Topic: The Happy Thread  (Read 1012690 times)

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
Re: The Happy Thread
« Reply #135 on: July 07, 2012, 08:47:00 pm »
I'm like you Amy and toss things if they ate unused. With a family of 7 I can't afford to keep everything or we would run out of space to move around ;D
A couple of years ago we had or roof space turned into usuable storage with an attic ladder installed. I have been meaning to go up there and do a bit of a sort and chuck as well.
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 07, 2012, 08:55:56 pm »
The other day while sorting out my filing cabinet I found a recipe (quiet a rude one about bananas) that my brother gave me many years ago. It made me smile when I read it, more because of the story on how I got it than the recipe it's self.
I went for a interview for a Job in Ballarat and got my brother to help me with my resume and letter of application. And as he lived in Melbourne he posted it along with the rude recipe. But instead of posting it directly to me he accidentally posted it to the place I was applying for a job :o
I did happen to get an interview and the first thing they handed me was the rude recipe and said I think this belongs to you. You can imagine my embarrassment :D
And I didn't get a job there, probably cause I was so embarrassed and nervous. :D
I laugh about it now though.

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 08, 2012, 01:22:57 am »
LOL Mandi, is the joke too rude to post? :-))
What a great story :D

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 08, 2012, 02:22:47 am »
I have only just found this tread. Sitting here drinking my second coffee reading all 10 pages. This has made me happy.

Last night I went to Lady Gaga with DW, my sister and BiL. Watchng my DW have such a good time made me happy. Then at the end of the concert Lady Gaga grabbed 2 fans from the audience to come on stage and dance with her during the encore. I really liked this. These girls were so happy (happy doesn't really describe it), I can't think of another performer who would do this.

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 08, 2012, 02:37:50 am »

Yep too rude Amy ;D

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 08, 2012, 03:18:10 am »
I have only just found this tread. Sitting here drinking my second coffee reading all 10 pages. This has made me happy.

Last night I went to Lady Gaga with DW, my sister and BiL. Watchng my DW have such a good time made me happy. Then at the end of the concert Lady Gaga grabbed 2 fans from the audience to come on stage and dance with her during the encore. I really liked this. These girls were so happy (happy doesn't really describe it), I can't think of another performer who would do this.

I'm glad you found this thread Dash, it makes me happy to re-read all the posts too :D
It sounds like Lady Gaga might be a pop star with a heart :o Not many of those around I don't think. I'm glad your DW enjoyed it, I imagine it was a very good concert ;)

Yep too rude Amy ;D

:-)) :-)) :-))

Offline Nikkit

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 08, 2012, 01:26:35 pm »
Amy - I rang my Mum and told her I had had a clean out and the first thing she said was "oh...I hope it wasn't anything good or that you can use" I laughed and said "no Nana". What hope have I got?!
Finally finished cleaning up and there are 5 boxes for the Good Sammies. There is a box of shoes, I had no idea I had so many shoes that I did not wear. (what was I thinking when I bought some of them  :o )
I even found my wedding shoes from 1995! They had to go. Hubby shook his head and said "geeze - you only wore that pair once".
Extra happy as the floors still look sensational and I can see more of them in the walk in robe now!

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 08, 2012, 01:44:34 pm »
LOL good old mum Nikkit ;D ;D ;D
I'm very impressed that you're getting rid of 5 boxes! :o Well done! :D
Especially the shoes, I know how hard it is to get rid of shoes :-))

I was just overcome by such a sudden and intense feeling of happiness that I felt the urge to tell everyone that I loved them. Unfortunately I was in the shower at the time, so I didn't think that running out and shouting it to the world was such a good idea at that moment :-))
But I'm here, on the forum right now, telling you all how much I love you for being such wonderful human beings :-* :-* :-*

jakodai

« Reply #143 on: July 08, 2012, 02:47:49 pm »
FINALLY finishing my assignment and submitting it with 20 minutes to spare made me happy. Or relieved... lol

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 08, 2012, 09:45:44 pm »
Dash glad you had fun at the concert.

I am happy my DH lets me go thermomix here all the time.. I say i am going to check emails, then I end up here too...
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline desi

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 08, 2012, 10:50:13 pm »
Jakodai, I know the feeling.
What are you studying?

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 09, 2012, 12:32:52 am »
Oh wow, thats nail-biting stuff Amanda :o

I'm lucky my assessments don't have specific 'deadlines'. They're all just due at the end of the course, so I basically have a year to do them ;D

I say i am going to check emails, then I end up here too...

I say I'm studying and I end up here :-)) Much funnerer :D

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 09, 2012, 12:37:21 am »
To wake up in the mrning after a bad night to hear boys laughing & playing

:)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 09, 2012, 12:39:24 am »
Well I have finally finished cleaning and decluttering. Happy moment last night sitting on the lounge with DH (DS at a sleepover) and looking at my beautiful clean house. Sad I know...
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 09, 2012, 12:40:33 am »
That is sweet H.  :D
I am happy today as Miss 18mths has finally turned the corner and is nearly better after a horrible bout of croup. Poor kid.
Also happy Miss 5 gets herself up and dressed in the morning for school.
And happy cuz Miss 3 is laughing and it sounds so cute!  :D
:D