Author Topic: The Happy Thread  (Read 1012742 times)

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
Re: The Happy Thread
« Reply #60 on: June 29, 2012, 12:37:52 am »
Today having the electrician replace the kitchen light (which we have been without for 2 weeks!) made me smile, as well as gas bill that is half the amount that it was same time last year.

Thats great news Tasty :) And well done on reducing your gas usage! :D

Thanks for sharing your happy things DJ. The sunshine definitely makes me happy too! ;)

My number one happy thing yesterday was going to my first thermomix demonstration. We've had a thermomix for 10 years now (mum worked it out the other day) and I'd never been to one until last night. It was AWESOME ;D ;D ;D

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 29, 2012, 02:47:21 am »
Watching the cat stalk the dog around the garden. He's blind so he had no idea where she was. She was runniing and jumping and then just at the last second she would think better of jumping on him. So funny to watch her antics from the window.

The thought of going on a nudist holiday like a family did on "Sunrise" today...  (its not for me, but if you think about it for a couple of minutes it will certainly brings a smile to your face  :D)
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 29, 2012, 02:58:07 am »
The thought of going on a nudist holiday like a family did on "Sunrise" today...  (its not for me, but if you think about it for a couple of minutes it will certainly brings a smile to your face  :D)

;D ;D ;D
I needed that smile, thanks CP :-*
Your cat sounds gorgeous by the way :-))

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 29, 2012, 03:09:36 am »
Amy 10 years, what model do you have..
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 29, 2012, 03:16:13 am »
We started with the TM21 then got the TM31 when it came to Australia ;)

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 29, 2012, 05:40:16 am »
I still have Mums TM21 aswell.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

[/url

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 29, 2012, 12:34:36 pm »
Really Robyn? Do you ever use it? We sold our TM21. We like the TM31 much better :)

Today at the gym one of the trainers decided to give us a music quiz by asking us to name the artists of the songs that came on the radio. We answered about 5 before the trainer realised that the radio station was playing Beatle's number 1 hits and we all knew ;D ;D So he just started singing after that :-))

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 30, 2012, 06:20:34 am »
Amy i have a TM31, and i bought Mum a TM21, but I have it now as well.
I cook for them most nites, so Its for sale. ( the TM21 )

[/url

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 30, 2012, 06:34:40 am »
Amy i have a TM31, and i bought Mum a TM21, but I have it now as well.
I cook for them most nites, so Its for sale. ( the TM21 )

How much are you asking for it?

Very happy today... my mum has bought me a saxophone!! I have called it Sebastian and will post a photo when my camera battery finishes charging :D :D :D :D :D

mcmich

« Reply #69 on: June 30, 2012, 07:54:06 am »
You play the sax Amy? You're a young lady with many talents.

May I ask how your mum is doing now she has finished treatment?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 08:52:10 am by mcmich »

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 30, 2012, 08:20:39 am »
looking forward to seeing the pic too Amy.

Miss 5 just made me smile - she brought me a home-made card with "I'm loving you" written on the front with lots of hearts, inside it said "Lots of love to you mum."  :)
:D

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 30, 2012, 08:54:02 am »
So lovely Astarra.
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

mcmich

« Reply #72 on: June 30, 2012, 08:57:27 am »
They are the notes you treasure forever.
When my DD was about 6yrs old (now 25) she wrote a note saying "I love you more then eny thick"
I have it in my sewing box.

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 30, 2012, 09:44:53 am »
You play the sax Amy? You're a young lady with many talents.

May I ask how your mum is doing now she has finished treatment?

Thanks Michele :D I started off playing the clarinet, then I played alto saxophone and took up baritone saxophone at the same time. Then I was told I was too talented to be playing saxophone (because its one of the easiest instruments to learn) so I learned to play the trumpet, and then played cornet as well so I could play in the brass band in our town. In amongst all this I also taught myself some basic piano. But now I am back to saxophone because a lady asked me to play in her band and she wants either saxophone or trumpet ;D ;D ;D And saxophone is very cool, even if it is easy to learn :-))

Of course you can ask about my mum :) She is going pretty well, she's very excited that her hair is starting to grow back ;) She still gets tired very easily, and she's having some trouble with her teeth and nails which we think is from the chemo, but we're through the worst of it and things are definitely looking up :D
Thank you for asking :-*

Astarra, you must be so proud of your girls. They sound very loving and caring :-*

mcmich

« Reply #74 on: June 30, 2012, 09:50:28 am »
Very nice instrument Amy.

Good to hear your mum's making progress. Yes, chemo will play havoc with teeth and nails.