Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6129040 times)

Offline deedub

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #10170 on: July 31, 2013, 07:54:26 am »
Coffee with girlfriends this morning, then one of them insisted on taking me to a boutique her friend has recently opened. So commenced phase 2 of Operation New Work Wardrobe! Think I'd better stay home for the rest of my leave, the credit card won't take much more!
Went through my wardrobe at home, ditched 2 big bags of clothes and took them to the salvo's along with 3 bags of kids clothes I had hanging around.
Off to pick up DD from netball training, then back to school at 6 for kids piano lesson, then rush home to give kids dinner before babysitter arrives - I'm out for dinner tonight yahoo!
Melbourne, inner north

mcmich

« Reply #10171 on: July 31, 2013, 10:23:21 am »
Good for you Dee, have a lovely evening out.  :D

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #10172 on: July 31, 2013, 11:19:43 pm »
Dee that sounds fun shopping. :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #10173 on: July 31, 2013, 11:33:10 pm »
This afternoon I have to take my DH for a stress tests to cairns, Hope its all good news at the cardiologists. :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10174 on: August 01, 2013, 08:31:22 am »
I hope so too Robyn.

We are putting the food etc into the car, and I have plotted the trip and some possible stop overs. They are the tags on the map. Dear Perth is off the map to the left.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10175 on: August 01, 2013, 08:59:50 am »
Wow what a trip. Love it . Green with envy. Need pics all the way wherever possible .

Gert I tiub with Kribbitt on knee.

Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #10176 on: August 01, 2013, 09:53:14 am »
Hope the tests were okay Obbie

Marie

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #10177 on: August 01, 2013, 01:30:53 pm »
Looking forward to the  log and photos cookie, love hearing all your travel adventures.
Had a cuppa with CP today, nice to see you again Thank you.
Denise

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #10178 on: August 01, 2013, 03:53:32 pm »
Shuddering!!!
  2nd night in a row, a fat hairy huntsman has been crawling over a log I've carried in for the fire 
I wish them extinction!
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline BeezeeBee

• View Profile
« Reply #10179 on: August 01, 2013, 08:54:12 pm »
Maddy, I had to google for hairy huntsman as I've not heard of them. The info below, an excerpt from http://www.mdavid.com.au/spiders/huntsmanspiders.shtml made me chuckle :D

What do they look like?

Big. Huntsmans are large spiders, growing up to 6 inches (15 cm) across if you include the legs. Many people argue that’s way too many inches for any kind of spider. The biggest ones can also be very hairy and even someone comfortable with spiders can get a bit of a surprise when they encounter one. They are usually brown or grey.

Some people call them Tarantulas, but these spiders are not Tarantulas. I don’t think they’re too worried about political correctness either, so you don’t have to call them Huntspersons.

Offline BeezeeBee

• View Profile
« Reply #10180 on: August 01, 2013, 08:56:25 pm »
Cookie, how I wish I could tag along with you. My dearest DH will never be that adventurous. He needs his nice bed and pillow ;D

Offline BeezeeBee

• View Profile
« Reply #10181 on: August 01, 2013, 08:57:42 pm »
Bedlam, did you get your nicely bound recipes from CP? Glad that you had a lovely catch up :)

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #10182 on: August 01, 2013, 10:41:48 pm »
Maddy, I had to google for hairy huntsman as I've not heard of them. The info below, an excerpt from http://www.mdavid.com.au/spiders/huntsmanspiders.shtml made me chuckle :D

What do they look like?

Big. Huntsmans are large spiders, growing up to 6 inches (15 cm) across if you include the legs. Many people argue that’s way too many inches for any kind of spider. The biggest ones can also be very hairy and even someone comfortable with spiders can get a bit of a surprise when they encounter one. They are usually brown or grey.

Some people call them Tarantulas, but these spiders are not Tarantulas. I don’t think they’re too worried about political correctness either, so you don’t have to call them Huntspersons.

LOL!  :D
:D

Offline Nikkit

• View Profile
« Reply #10183 on: August 01, 2013, 11:04:38 pm »
Cookie - awesome trip you have planned there. Not too sure how far you travel in a day, but there's a great camp site on the left (heading east) about half way between Southern Cross and Kal called Karalee (sp) Rocks. It's about 3k's in off the road, big rock, dam and plenty of shade. We always try to stop there when we are out that way.

Hairy Huntsman....conjured up all sorts of images then Maddy, and Bee - bet you got some interesting images from Google-ing!

Offline djinni373

• View Profile
« Reply #10184 on: August 01, 2013, 11:14:45 pm »
Wow what a trip. Love it . Green with envy. Need pics all the way wherever possible .
My thoughts exactly Gert  ;D Happy, safe travels Cookie
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 11:17:22 pm by djinni373 »
“Age isn’t a number, it’s an attitude.“