Author Topic: Jude Blereau book $15  (Read 11238 times)

Offline rainbow

• View Profile
Re: Jude Blereau book $15
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2010, 01:25:36 pm »
I got mine at Angus and Robertson, Albany today.  When I took it to the counter the assistant said " wow that's a bargain" so I  was really pleased, enjoyed reading it this afternoon but will take me a while to convert recipes.

Offline ruth

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2010, 08:41:50 am »
Oh I love that book but don't use it as much since I got the TMX (and a second child too).  I find the recipes are pretty time consuming but I will have to look again for what I can convert.  We often have the sesame chicken, honey baked pears, and market vegetable enchiladas.  I would be keen to hear of any converted recipes and I will try and do some too.

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2010, 05:52:10 am »
I have tried a couple of recipes from the book now and haven't been overly impressed so far.

I made the lemon teacake and it was very strong in taste (despite the fact that I halved the juice amount in the syrup) and very crumbly.  Not great to serve to guests.

I've also made the little chicken cakes.  These were rather bland and unexciting, although the kids did eat them which amazed me.  I probably wouldn't make them again as I can think of a lot more tasty things to do with 500g of expensive hormone free chicken.  If anyone else makes them I would recommend a heaped tbsp of homemade sweet chilli sauce to help things along.

I went to make the spelt pizza bases last week, but there seems to be a mistake in the recipe. The olive oil that needs to be included in the dough is referred to in the method, but not listed with a quantity in the ingredient list.  Bummer!

Not off to a great start with this book, but have a few more recipes that I would like to try.  Hopefully with more luck.  :)

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2010, 06:25:10 am »
That's disappointing Chelsea.  I wonder whether you can contact her through her website and ask for corrections?
Helping you to take back control over what your family eats, one meal at a time.
Email thermomix.darlingdowns@gmail.com

Offline baf65

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2010, 08:03:29 am »
maybe thats why it was cheap!! :D

Ive only tried the pizza sauce which worked pretty well

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2010, 12:29:19 am »
oh no!
i haven't used it yet  ;D
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2010, 06:08:50 am »
 ;D
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.