Author Topic: WA Retreat Weekend  (Read 469468 times)

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
Re: WA Retreat Weekend
« Reply #180 on: May 10, 2012, 09:00:42 pm »
CP,  thanks for all the trouble you are taking.   I will bring Gift packs of KFC for everyone.  No trouble as I am making up a big lot for a charity function.

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #181 on: May 10, 2012, 09:34:51 pm »
Can you put me down as interested. Will have to get respite but DH says plan it,you have time!

Another thing I was thinking of putting out there in the forum was if any of our members possibly wanted to contribute anything to advertise their business (or DH's) - and it can be anything! possibly little itty bitty piccy frames (made from leftovers)  :D soaps, jams, pens, lollies, caps (eg. promotional material), as well as anyone who would like to make something for gifting as a pressie from them eg KFC Spice Mix (don't worry chookie, just using it as an example  ;D) - think outside the square, its nice to be aware of what we can offer each other, and if you ever need something like vege stock and happen to drive past a sign and see the light on know you can catch your forum friend in her dressing gown and she will welcome you  ;D

Are you talking about anyone in particular ? ;D ;D
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 10, 2012, 10:25:27 pm »
CP can you give an approximate time time of departure from Perth and how as I have limited flights and may have to come on Thursday .

Thanks for  all your hard work?

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 11, 2012, 01:53:03 am »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D

Ok I did it.  I was able to get a Business Class seat using my points on Qantas all the way from Cairns to Perth. Yahoo. I will be getting up at 0430 flying to Brisbane and from there to Perth arriving at 1200.  About 9 hours of flight time and several glasses of wine later I will get to meet you.  No doubt it will be a very long day but so worth it.

Hopefully a few of us can meet up at the airport or someplace convenient or whatever for whatever transport CP has organised.

Sorry mcmich. I thought I might go to Sydney and meet you there for a flight but this was a wee bit easier and saved me two extra hours flying  plus wait time.

I am so excited. Now to find some warm clothes. Off to the op shop for a throw away sweater.

Gertbycoralsea soon to be gertbyindianocean

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 11, 2012, 01:58:37 am »
i am getting so excited and i am not even coming   ;D
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 11, 2012, 02:17:52 am »
Me too fundj. I will have to try and save up some money to go next year. Also will need a babysitter as DH works weekends.
I wish I was going  :'(
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 11, 2012, 02:34:43 am »
Hunter Valley next year? Barossa anyone?

Gert

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 11, 2012, 02:48:46 am »
Hunter Valley and I'm in . . :D :D

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 11, 2012, 02:57:11 am »
YES YES YES YES  Hunter Valley definately count me in. Only 3 hours from here.
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 11, 2012, 03:00:45 am »
is there a train station ?

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 11, 2012, 03:09:37 am »
Uni - I'll drive you . . . !!

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 11, 2012, 03:16:48 am »
really, where do u live ?

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 11, 2012, 03:22:22 am »
Get a train to Cessnock, Branxton or Singleton and I can pick you up from there. Or take up Goldfishs offer of a lift.
Wine, Cheese and Chocolate yum  :D

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 11, 2012, 03:46:42 am »
Well I can't book flights until I am sure of DH respite booking. Have been on the phone this morning with no joy but one lady who is not in today will be calling me back on Monday and then if that fails, I have to get back to the other one I was talking to. Bye the time I get this done, I will need 2 weeks holiday - talk about stress.  I don't cope very well when I ask for help and it is not there for me as I rarely ask for any. They did guarantee that if I can't find nursing home respite and have friends/relatives staying here with DH, they would be able to send care workers morning and night to help them with the heavy work so at least I have that option to fall back on.  DH was the one to suggest a nursing home to save all the trouble of organizing the other option.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 11, 2012, 03:51:13 am »
Oh JD how distressing. You are entitled to a break and they should be very accomodating. I guess it depends on whether beds are available. If you lived closer, I would come and look after DH. As long as he realised a wasn't as good a cook as you  :P and could cope with DS7  ;D