Author Topic: Curry in a hurry  (Read 12156 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Curry in a hurry
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2011, 12:00:15 pm »
I made this Napolitana Sauce recipe today then cooked 500g mince in the TMX and followed fundj's instructions for a curry in a hurry (only used 2 tspn curry powder & 180mls coconut cream).  As usual, bought mince in the TMX is usually very runny with not much substance so I made mashed potatoes and steamed some vegies & added the vegies to the mince curry to help thicken it. It doesn't look too appetising but the flavour was lovely - I would mince my own meat next time and leave it a little bit chunky. Can see chicken thighs making a nice curry too.

The napolitana sauce was delicious and I like the idea of adding some cream to it to make a tomato soup. If anyone wants my conversion of the sauce, I will post it for you. I only used half the amount of oil.  One thing I did find was that it cooked up a nice red colour but when I blitzed it a little at the end (not completely necessary really) it did change colour slightly towards orange but only slightly.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2011, 12:05:10 pm »
Thanks for that information Cuilidh, will check it out.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2011, 12:07:52 pm »
I made this Napolitana Sauce recipe today then cooked 500g mince in the TMX and followed fundj's instructions for a curry in a hurry (only used 2 tspn curry powder & 180mls coconut cream).  As usual, bought mince in the TMX is usually very runny with not much substance so I made mashed potatoes and steamed some vegies & added the vegies to the mince curry to help thicken it. It doesn't look too appetising but the flavour was lovely - I would mince my own meat next time and leave it a little bit chunky. Can see chicken thighs making a nice curry too.

The napolitana sauce was delicious and I like the idea of adding some cream to it to make a tomato soup. If anyone wants my conversion of the sauce, I will post it for you. I only used half the amount of oil.  One thing I did find was that it cooked up a nice red colour but when I blitzed it a little at the end (not completely necessary really) it did change colour slightly towards orange but only slightly.
I never turn down an offer for a new recipe Judy :-)) :-)) Can't have too many recipes( or cookbooks) ;D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2011, 12:15:54 pm »
JD I have found with prepared mince that if you put it in the thermomix in big chunks, portions and dont break it up when you put it in that it stays more like mince and doesnt go all grainy at teh completion of cooking...incase its something you havent tried  :)
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2011, 12:53:29 pm »
I did that Frozzie but sometimes I think it depends on the mince too.  I don't do mince dishes very often but my results often vary.

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2011, 01:19:11 am »
curry spag with broccoli

i steam the broccoli then toss with pasta and sauce
i don't need a recipe i'm italian