Author Topic: Brisbane.  (Read 4897 times)

Offline Thermesa

• View Profile
Brisbane.
« on: October 09, 2014, 11:50:03 pm »
Ok ladies, I'm en route to Brisbane from Mount Panorama, Bathurst on the greatest week of the year to live near The Mount.

Looking for ways to occupy a Friday afternoon and a Sunday morning. I'm staying in the fortitude valley and looking for food, shopping and fun recommendations.

Any suggestions welcome,
Theresa.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Brisbane.
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2014, 01:19:24 am »
Can't help with suggestions but have a great time.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2014, 01:34:42 am »
I don't think we have many Brisbane members on here Thermesa.  Most people who go to Qld do the Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast or FNQ so if you are based in Brisbane, maybe some of these longer trips will be possible.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

stacelee

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2014, 01:52:52 am »
Southbank is worth a trip and you can get there easily by train if you don't feel like the walk.  It is only a couple of train stations away from the Valley.  I believe that there are street markets on Saturday and Sunday in the Valley and there is also a night market at Southbank on friday nights.  There are lots of eating places at Southbank catering for pretty much every taste.  There is also a wide selection in the Valley.  For traditional shopping, you have the Myer centre, Queens Plaza, The Wintergarden....all of which are located in the Queen Street Mall....again you can either walk or hop a train or bus.  Translink.com.au provides information on bus and train services in Brisbane.  The City Gardens are nice to have a stroll around and you can walk across a bridge from there into the end of Southbank.

Hope that helps

Offline Thermesa

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2014, 04:12:16 am »
Thank you stacelee. I have an all day ticket so will see where the wind takes me.

Offline Thermesa

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2014, 10:14:22 am »
Walked a lot. Explored James St, walked to New Farm. Now resting my feet on the rivercat before deciding on dinner and heading home to bed. A very relaxed day for me.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2014, 12:22:07 pm »
I remember going on the rivercat. Your day sounds lovely, certainly a lot quieter than Mount Panorama.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2014, 10:19:17 pm »
 we always went shopping in queen st mall.  lots of good shops down arcades in the mall.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Rotorchef

• This thing chops and slices too.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2014, 10:37:37 pm »
Thermesa,

We are based in Brisbane and Mrs RC2B works in F Valley.

Southbank ROCKS! And Queen St mall is also pretty good for consuming time oh and bank balances too if you allow it. If you wanted to you could always walk down to the bottom end of New Farm and go to the Brisbane Powerhouse - Actually it is market morning this morning so that may well be worthwhile doing. There is also the New Farm FerryCat stop that you have probably already used. If the weather is good you might want to just cruise the river whilst looking at some of the property on the river bank.......

Oh I can't wait to get back to MrsRC2B!

Enjoy yourself.

TTFN

RC
Remember - the little blade at the rear goes really fast and makes a big mess. Stay away from it!

Offline Itsnotartitsdinner

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2014, 03:40:48 am »
Do eatstreet markets! http://www.eatstreetmarkets.com

Max Brenner just around the corner for dessert. Will you have a car? How long have you got?

Offline Thermesa

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2014, 04:10:20 pm »
Eat street looks fantastic for next trip thank you!

We ended up at the Bob Downe show at powerhouse. Sunday was a walk to town along the riverfront to a couple of markets. The last time i was at South Bank was shortly after the floods. I had no idea those pools were such a busy place. Wow!