Author Topic: Carrot soup from UK Thermomix.com  (Read 2890 times)

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
Carrot soup from UK Thermomix.com
« on: April 27, 2010, 11:50:00 am »
I made the following recipe from UKThermomix.com. It was OK and but lacked flavour. Had to add crisp bacon pieces and corainder leaves. Would I make it again? Probably not, when there are so many other delicious recipes on the forum.
  Carrot Soup
This is one of the easiest soups you could ever make, and it is delicious!  The addition of the lentils makes it thick and hearty.

A Healthy Eating recipe.

Ingredients
40 gm red split lentils
1 strip of lemon peel 3 cm long
300 gm carrots cut into chunks (thirds or quarters)
1 small onion, approx 80 gm, peeled and cut in half
1 chicken or vegetable stock cube or 2 tsp stock powder
Water

Method
Weigh lentils and add lemon peel to the Thermomix bowl.  Place a piece of paper towel over the lid and push the Measuring Cup down into place on top of it.  This keeps the ground bits of lentils from flying out of the bowl.  Grind 30 seconds, Speed 10.

Weigh/add in carrots, onion and stock cubes.  Chop by Turbo pulsing a few times.  Use spatula to scrape the sides of the bowl.  Add water up to the one litre mark on the inside of the TM bowl.  Cook 15 minutes, 100 degrees C, speed 2.  Blend 1 minute/ Speed 10, pressing the reverse blade direction button every 10 seconds.  Taste and then if necessary, add salt and pepper.

Serve with fresh bread rolls or a crusty wholemeal loaf.

Chef's Tips
Chef's Tip:  If the carrots are organic, you only need to wash them.  If they are not organic, you will need to peel and top and tail the carrots, as most of the pesticides, fertilizers and herbicides collect and concentrate in the skin, tops and tails.

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
Re: Carrot soup from UK Thermomix.com
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 03:18:16 pm »
Thanks for the review - yes, so many recipes, so little time ..
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.