Author Topic: This Forum  (Read 6766 times)

Offline Lollypop

• View Profile
This Forum
« on: March 10, 2011, 11:25:03 am »
I must be honest, this has to be one of the most hardest forums i have ever tryed to use....., not that i sit and chat one forums all day. infact I proberly have only ever been on 3 in my entire life,, but this forum is quiet confusing and for me to just set up a profile was mission. I almost canned it and walked away, but i need to get more info about my thermomix so i can get the most from my machine...  lets hope it gets more simpler as time goes on.... :o

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: This Forum
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 11:30:48 am »
Lollypop, it will get easier believe me.  I was new to a computer when I joined and I had no idea what I was doing but soon learnt my way around here.  If you want to know anything about the forum and the way it works, just ask a specific question and someone will come to your aid.  They have taught me so much on here, not only about the Thermomix but the computer as well so just take it steady and ease yourself into it. 
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline sue_h

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 12:34:33 pm »
Welcome Lollypop. As JD said, once you get the hang of it, it's a great forum. I use the search function quite a lot when I have particular ingredient I want to use or have a question. More often than not, a recipe or a solution to my problem is already posted. Just be sure you're in the main folder (Forum Thermomix) if you want to search the entire site.
Sue from North Queensland

Offline Katya

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 01:24:29 pm »
Welcome lolypop and I'm sorry that you're having a torrid time getting used to the forum. I hope it gets easier for you.

Usually when I log in, I just want to read the new posts since I was last here so I used the "Show unread posts since your last visit" which appears in your user info box at the top and then, once at that page, I set a bookmark and now, by using that,  I can automatically go straight to unread posts when I come into the forum.

Don't feel scared to ask questions about any problems you are having, however trivial they may seem to you.  As others have said, this is a really friendly forum and everyone is ever so helpful.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2011, 01:49:58 pm »
Usually when I log in, I just want to read the new posts since I was last here so I used the "Show unread posts since your last visit"

me too...if I have had a couple of vinos on the weekend I just go as a Guest user, and look at the Recent Postings. Oh me o my, such simple adaptations for my many different requirements so I don't make a silly fool of myself  :D

Anything in particular that is confusing?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 06:28:50 am by CreamPuff63 »
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2011, 03:47:34 pm »
welcome lollypop and im sure it will get easier...good thing is if you get lost or want to know something just ask and someone will help you pretty quickly...and the people here are great and very helpful and friendly.. :)
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2011, 01:23:12 am »
Hi Lollypop, I'm sorry that you find it a hard forum to use. Please ask any questions you wish and our multitude of members will have answers for you, I'm sure.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2011, 09:36:47 am »
Welcome Lollypop,  You have done well to get this far ;D ;D ;D  I needed help to even introduce myself,  and now,  although I still make lots of mistakes,  I have a great time.  Persist.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2011, 11:35:42 am »
Hi and welcome Lollypop.Glad to hear that you didn't walk away after finding the forum difficult because you will benefit from the wealth of knowledge the forum holds.Just ask any questions, someone will help.We look forward to hearing what recipes you have been cooking. :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2011, 11:51:40 pm »
Welcome to the forum Lollypop.  Glad you kept trying and I'm sure things will get easier for you.

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2011, 04:29:51 am »
Welcome Lollypop. Some forums use a different format to this one and if the forums you usually frequent are different, then it can be quite confusing.
I'm pretty conversant with this type of forum, so it wasn't an issue for me.

If you need to search for a recipe, ingredient or whatever, google is your best bet. Just use the word Thermomix with whatever word or phrase that you're searching. Works much, much better than the search on the forum.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline johnro

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2011, 09:21:00 am »
Welcome Lollypop - I am sorry for the confusion that you are feeling regarding the forum, perseverance is the key and there are so many who will readily provide guidance - don't be afraid to ask!!!!!  :)  :)
Robyn from Rockhampton, Qld  :)

I used to have a handle on life, then it broke.

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2011, 12:04:34 pm »
Hi lollypop - sorry. I don't use many forums and this seems easy for me now ???
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.