Author Topic: WA Retreat Weekend  (Read 469725 times)

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
Re: WA Retreat Weekend
« Reply #1170 on: July 19, 2012, 02:28:42 am »
I have someone I know is keen to come. I'll find out if she's serious. Not a forum member, though has been here to find a few things after I mentioned it to her.

A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: July 19, 2012, 02:29:36 am »
I have managed to get respite but after all of us battling the flu and the constant sleepless nights I think I really need down time.
I guess I jumped in too quickly without really thinking. I don't even get time to catch up on the forum.  I know it will be a fun filled weekend with heaps of giggles, just dont have the energy! Hopefully someone will fill my bed for me.
I am sure your DH will behave for you JD.
Denise

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: July 19, 2012, 02:38:44 am »
There is no good reson why we have to have one big table anyway. We will all be driving at  different though close times and maybe each car load can find their own table. This leaves scope for table hopping and getting to know each other as we start and finish at different times. Personally I think one big table is harder to get to meet and greet than  moving about a bit.  Maybe 6 "s and 4’s would work for them.

Don't you hate it when they get all uppity. If required we can all plan on paying cash or they could have a set  menu and price. I am sure I could feed 30 people who just walked into my front door without a fuss. Surely a restaurant configure it out. Tell them there are travel writers coming from the East Coast . I'll put a review on Trip Advisor to keep you honest.

For goodness sake it sounds like they are getting precious. now I want to go there more than ever

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: July 19, 2012, 02:44:59 am »
i dont like taking big booking, most of the time ppl book for 30ppl than 20 show up. we have a policy if u book 30 then u need to pay for 30

i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: July 19, 2012, 02:55:18 am »
i dont like taking big booking, most of the time ppl book for 30ppl than 20 show up. we have a policy if u book 30 then u need to pay for 30

Don't blame you. This  is why so many restaurants don't take bookings anymore. In this case they are assured that 30 will turn up as it really is the first meeting point for us.

CP you could just say don't bother and we turn up ad hoc anyway. What would they do? I don't think they would turn away paying customers.

We got the same crap  when visiting the Napa Valley  with a bunch of friends. We met down the road apiece. The first 4 went in and settled. Then next two went in and oh hello come and join us. They rearranged the tables and lo and behold some more of us turned up. What a Surprise.  Soon we had sorted the tables, cutlery, salt and pepper shakers. One of us took the orders for food, one took the orders for grog. Those two handed the nicely written pieces of paper to the kitchen chick and  all was well. We sorted our own bill and believe me we hade a great time in a very desirable restaurant in the Napa Valley with no pain to the owners  and there were 27 of us . It can be done.

Gert

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: July 19, 2012, 04:24:22 am »
I didn't realise that getting lunch would be so difficullt :-\

mcmich

« Reply #1176 on: July 19, 2012, 04:55:57 am »
I like Gert's suggestion of sitting in tables of 4-6. Surely that would work for them and would it be easier to chat round a smaller table than one big one.

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #1177 on: July 19, 2012, 04:59:46 am »
I think my friend will come. We'll both come a bit later on Friday now,as she works, so won't be there for lunch.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: July 19, 2012, 05:04:01 am »
I dropped in there with the intention of putting a deposit down so they could see that it was a serious booking for 30 people. I also thought I had a tentative booking, but it appears not...  it'll work out, it always does.

I must say when I reached the Bussell highway I did thank Tom out loud. I was beginning to doubt whether he knew where we were going but as it turns out there was NO WAY I would have found the highway, and I couldn't even remember the way back cos I had taken lots of little turns thinking I was heading in the right direction. I only got Tom a couple of weeks ago and haven't used it so I was sitting by the side of a T-Junction trying to work it out and wishing one of my kids was there. Thank goodness for technology though  :D
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: July 19, 2012, 05:07:40 am »
CP,

Sorry that this is turning into a headache for you - I really appreciate all of the organisation that you are doing on our behalf. I have to admit that I laughed when you said you got lost though,  as I  have a terrible sense of direction. I can get lost just turning around.
"A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious." Anonymous

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: July 19, 2012, 05:09:05 am »
So it's going to be hard for me to find you at the Adelaide Airport the day we leave ES  ;D
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: July 19, 2012, 05:13:01 am »
no its not a head ache, I'm enjoying it. I do the accommodation side of things all the time for other people, so its giving me a different perspective. I like to keep my eyes and ears open for anything that I think will make this weekend special for everyone, so its been an absolute pleasure. It gives me great joy to read the excitement everyone is feeling and discussions here and I can't wait to meet everyone  :D
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: July 19, 2012, 05:14:19 am »
JD, I think I can manage Adelaide airport, but it will be a different matter when we get to WA...
"A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious." Anonymous

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #1183 on: July 19, 2012, 05:17:46 am »
No, my friend can't come. So, it's still open!
The Bush Gourmand

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: July 20, 2012, 09:09:03 am »
Is there  no one who wants to have a fun weekend  with us? 

Gert