Author Topic: Another Adelaidean Mum  (Read 3847 times)

Offline hopefulcook

• View Profile
Another Adelaidean Mum
« on: August 13, 2010, 06:10:37 am »
Hi everyone,
I have had the thermo for over 6 months now and have just discovered this forum - it is fantastic but I am worried I am going to be spending hours reading recipes on-line!
I have 3 small kids (almost 6, 3 1/2 and just turned 1) - so I am very busy preparing food all the time and love the thermo help. I love making the basics from scratch - the vegetable and chicken stocks are almost worth it on their own. Don't get me started on the Bechamel Sauce - lasagne, tuna mornay, cheese sauce.... yum! After reading some of the posts I want to have a try and grinding cinammon, making the Ras El Hanout and other stuff like that.
I still haven't converted many of my own recipes - sometimes it just seems easier to do it the old fashioned way, but as I start to get more sleep and try and recover the 'baby brain' I will try.
I just got a new iPhone (loving the freebie from Telstra!) and wondered if anyone has discovered a good "app" for storing thermo-recipes to make it easy to plan menus and also do grocery lists?
Looking forward to more good thermie ideas!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Another Adelaidean Mum
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 09:24:58 am »
Hi hopefulcook, you should be able to change your name to greatcook very shortly with the help of this great forum.   I can imagine how time poor you are with 3 little ones, especially finding time to spend hours on this forum.  They have to sleep though so hopefully you will find lots of recipes to suit you and your family.  Nice to see the Adelaide numbers increasing slowly. 
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2010, 08:47:00 am »
Welcome hopefulcook.  You must be very busy indeed. I'm glad the Thermomix is being a helpful little machine for you.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Very Happy Jan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2010, 12:42:24 pm »
A very warm welcome Hopefulcook. So great to hear young mum's getting the best out of the TMX.  I often think (& see similar comments here) how fantastic it would have been to have the TMX when my kids were toddlers. Mind you, now they are big (11&16) and eat huge amounts of food I am eternally grateful for the amount of food I can turn out in a short space of time. Hope you continue to enjoy your TMX and good luck recovering from" baby brain" and converting your family favourites. 
Jan.  Perth,  Western Australia
Adolescence is a time of great change. Between the ages of 12 and 17 a parent can age 20 years.

Offline johnro

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2010, 07:31:52 am »
Hi and welcome hopefulcook.  You will enjoy all now that the thermie is a part of daily life.  Have fun!!!!

Cheers

Robyn   :)
Robyn from Rockhampton, Qld  :)

I used to have a handle on life, then it broke.

Offline rainbow

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2010, 10:31:22 am »
Welcome to the forum, its a great place. You will be glad you found it, just so many recipes to try.  :)

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2010, 02:20:07 am »
Welcome to the forum - hopefully you won't spend toooooo much time on here.

I don't have a iPhone so no help there.

Have fun.  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline Hestonfan

• On my way to becoming a domestic goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2010, 07:23:16 am »
I just got a new iPhone (loving the freebie from Telstra!) and wondered if anyone has discovered a good "app" for storing thermo-recipes to make it easy to plan menus and also do grocery lists?
Looking forward to more good thermie ideas!

Hello fellow Adelaidian

I agree that would be wonderful! A bit like the Poh's kitchen app?

Gabry from Adelaide