Author Topic: Happy thermie mum in Adelaide  (Read 5823 times)

Offline thermie crew

• View Profile
Happy thermie mum in Adelaide
« on: August 10, 2010, 06:29:02 am »
Hi there,

I'm the ecstatic new owner of a thermomix :). I've only had it a week but have been cooking up a storm. With two children under three (who react to additives), it's been so easy to make yummy food from stratch. In the past, cooking food that has been safe for them to eat has been labour intensive and boring-so much we'd just cut out of our diets.

As a baby and even now my 15 month old spends that horrible cooking dinner time crying, waiting for me to be ready to play again. I can't tell you how anxous I used to be at that time of day! Now though, I can spend just a few minutes in the kitchen and spend the rest of the cooking time playing while thermie does its job, or I make dinner during my youngest's sleep time and have it in the thermo server ready and waiting. that way we can go to the park etc and walk back in the door bang on dinner time! I love it!!!

I've been really impressed by the service too, being shown how to use it properly etc.
Clare from Adelaide, mum of 3 littlies :)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Happy thermie mum in Adelaide
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 07:39:24 am »
Welcome Thermie Crew. I'm so pleased the Thermomix has made things easier for you. Children seem to have a sixth sense when it comes to a busy Mum.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 07:42:05 am »
welcome thermiecrew  :D you are lucky you have a TM while your kids are so young so you can get them on the right track towards healthy eating and fun cooking.  :D
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 07:47:56 am »
Yes, no such appliance around when our children were babies aye Cookie?

Hi thermie crew, welcome to the forum from another South Australian.  Glad you have found something to make your life so much easier in producing food suitable for your children and balancing your time so that you can keep the children happy and have a meal on the table without stress.  There seem to be plenty of like minded Mums here and they love to share their recipes and tips.  Some have their own blog and in time you will discover all of them if you have the time to spend on the computer.  Have fun  :)
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2010, 10:10:57 pm »
Welcome to the forum thermie crew.It sounds that you are having fun with your new TM. :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Very Happy Jan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2010, 12:38:31 pm »
Welcome thermie crew.
Jan.  Perth,  Western Australia
Adolescence is a time of great change. Between the ages of 12 and 17 a parent can age 20 years.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2010, 01:32:48 pm »
Welcome Thermi crew,  great that you can take the stress out of meal time.

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2010, 09:54:46 am »
Welcome - glad to hear your new baby is helping the rest of the family.  :-* :-* :-*
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline thermie crew

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2010, 01:36:32 pm »
Thanks everyone. Yes, I'm very pleased to have a thermomix at this stage of my children's lives. It made it harder to justify the cost (with only one family income) but has been proving itself to be well worth it. Even my husband agrees that it's good value for money now!!
Clare from Adelaide, mum of 3 littlies :)

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2010, 01:00:28 am »
Remember that it is a long term investment.  It costs about 50 cents a day if spread over 10 years - that's cheap.
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2010, 03:46:52 am »
aren't they meant to last for about 40 years???? so that would be 12.5c a day - you could almost warrant buying a second one  ;)
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2010, 05:13:15 am »
Gosh 40 years would be great.  I think 10 years will probably pull mine up with all of my milling and grinding etc.  ;) ;D

Offline Hestonfan

• On my way to becoming a domestic goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2010, 07:04:19 am »
Hi there,

I'm the ecstatic new owner of a thermomix :). I've only had it a week but have been cooking up a storm. With two children under three (who react to additives), it's been so easy to make yummy food from stratch. In the past, cooking food that has been safe for them to eat has been labour intensive and boring-so much we'd just cut out of our diets.

As a baby and even now my 15 month old spends that horrible cooking dinner time crying, waiting for me to be ready to play again. I can't tell you how anxous I used to be at that time of day! Now though, I can spend just a few minutes in the kitchen and spend the rest of the cooking time playing while thermie does its job, or I make dinner during my youngest's sleep time and have it in the thermo server ready and waiting. that way we can go to the park etc and walk back in the door bang on dinner time! I love it!!!

I've been really impressed by the service too, being shown how to use it properly etc.

Hi Thermie Crew

I have got my TMX a couple of weeks ago and am from Adelaide too!

Happy cooking  ;D
Gabry from Adelaide