Author Topic: Chocolate Oat Cookies  (Read 5586 times)

Offline sue_purrb

• View Profile
Chocolate Oat Cookies
« on: May 12, 2013, 11:29:39 am »
Chocolate Oat Cookies (Converted from Breville website)
Makes approx 24

Ingredients

200g dark chocolate (or use choc chips)
100g rolled oats
140g SR flour
15g cocoa powder
125g butter
70g caster sugar
70g brown sugar
1 egg

Method

Roughly chop chocolate either by hand or in TM, set aside. (Cookies are big enough to take fairly decent chunks)

Weigh in the oats, cocoa and flour and turbo once or twice, set aside. (I like the oats to be visible)

Weigh in the sugar and butter and mix at speed 5 until creamed, scraping down the bowl as necessary.

Add the egg and mix for another few seconds.

Add the chocolate and flour mix and mix on speed 3 reverse until combined. Mixture will be very thick.

Roll into golf ball sized pieces and place on trays lined with baking paper. Flatten slightly with a fork, leaving enough room to spread.

Bake at 180 degrees C for 10 to 15 minutes or until just cooked. Biscuits will harden as they cool.

I sometimes add chopped nuts just to increase the antioxidants!  ;D

members' comments

Amy - I wanted to make them a little healthier so I used 1 large banana (85g) and therefore only 40g butter. I reduced each sugar by 10g and I used half choc chips, half walnuts. Delicious. I will try them the original way next time so I can compare but the banana I added goes really well with the oats and chocolate, yum!

Denzelmum - Made this for DD's lunch box. Cut down choc chip and sugar to 100g and turn out perfect.

deedub - used 100g of milk choc chips and didn't bother blitzing the oats/flour/cocoa first, just added it in after the egg and blitzed at sp5 for a few seconds, then added choc chips & mixed on reverse. I love these - just the right amount of sweetness for me, and the kids pronounced them 'delicious'! Great recipe, will be making regularly - thank you!

« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 02:58:06 pm by judydawn »
Beauty is only fur deep.....

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Chocolate Oat Cookies
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 11:47:20 am »
Thank you Sue :-*
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 01:05:56 am »
I'm making these right now because they look so yummy and I want to bake something ;D

I wanted to make them a little healthier, so I used 1 large banana (85g) and therefore only 40g butter. I reduced each sugar by 10g. And I used half choc chips, half walnuts.

Can't wait for them to bake, I'll come back and post photos later :D

Offline RunawayPrincess

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2013, 10:22:39 am »
I will be making these ASAP! They sound delish. Moving house ATM though :/ fun fun.

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2013, 11:03:28 am »
Delicious ;D
I will try them the original way next time so I can compare, but the banana I added goes really well with the oats and chocolate, yum! :D
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 11:16:45 pm by Amy :-) »

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2013, 11:53:46 am »
Good luck with the move RunawayPrincess.  Bet you can't wait to be settled so that you can start cooking - I see you have earmarked some recipes today.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Denzelmum

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2013, 12:10:09 pm »
Made this for DD's lunch box. Cut down choc chip and sugar to 100g and turn out perfect.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 12:21:16 pm by Denzelmum »
Vegetarian family in Sydney

When you take time to prepare healthy food for family and friends, you are offering them a special gift.  Not only will they feel nourished by the nutrients in the food but also by your generosity in creating delicious treats for their enjoyment.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2013, 12:29:31 pm »
"Many hands make light work" Denzelmum  :D :D :D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Denzelmum

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2013, 12:56:39 am »
Exactly CC, he's into helping in the kitchen lately - his job is to move from the tray to cooling rack :)
Vegetarian family in Sydney

When you take time to prepare healthy food for family and friends, you are offering them a special gift.  Not only will they feel nourished by the nutrients in the food but also by your generosity in creating delicious treats for their enjoyment.

Offline deedub

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2013, 02:18:55 am »
I made these yesterday - used 100g of milk choc chips and didn't bother blitzing the oats/flour/cocoa first, just added it in after the egg and blitzed at sp5 for a few seconds, then added choc chips & mixed on reverse.
I love these - just the right amount of sweetness for me, and the kids pronounced them 'delicious'!
Great recipe, will be making regularly - thank you!
Melbourne, inner north

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2013, 01:42:16 pm »
Definitely one for when we get home.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/