Author Topic: Hello from Sydney, contemplating a TMX..  (Read 15579 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from Sydney, contemplating a TMX..
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2012, 12:06:14 am »
That's a simple one without making too much at a time Uni. Wonder why there is no 'flour' component though?
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2012, 01:40:58 am »
I wonder ... is the flour used more as a free flowing agent (I could be dead wrong lol) SA's only totals 3/4 teaspoon to replace 1 teaspoon and I would think if the flour had any other factor she would include it!  ???
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline JuliaBalbilla

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2012, 07:34:24 am »
Thanks for your replies re baking powder.  I never use self-raising flour as different things require different amounts of raising agent. so is useful to know how to make my own.

JB
Rosemary from Bournemouth formerly Gloucestershire

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2012, 02:54:30 pm »
I've made the baking powder and the amount made just fitted my previous 250g cylinder container that I had. Make the Rice Flour from the EDC and then you can make the Baking Powder, and its very easy.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline stef

• my favorite monkey in antwerp zoo
    • View Profile
    • our business
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2012, 03:56:01 pm »
I must try this one out... Sounds easy to make
Live life to the fullest

mcmich

« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2012, 05:58:24 am »
Welcome to the forum, I too took a year to make the decision. I read up, attended 2 classes, watched Youtube and read all there was on this forum. I took a renewed interest in my food processor and then took the plunge and haven't regretted it.
Michele

Offline freshfoodfan

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2012, 01:10:45 pm »
It's here!!!!!!!!!!!   :D :D :D  I'm exhausted after a long day at work but tomorrow will be all about my new machine.. need shop for some ingredients first (especially fresh fruit & veg) and then put it through its paces.  I can't wait!!

Offline beezneez

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2012, 01:20:57 pm »
Congrats - enjoy your TM! I've only had mine 2 months and the best tip I got from my consultant was to work my way through the recipes in the EDC book. I haven't done that yet but I'm working on it - recipes that I had never thought of trying have often turned out to be fantastic. The review posts on this forum are great at tweaking the recipes or offering alternative ingredients. Have fun - I am!

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2012, 05:49:10 pm »
What did you make first FFF :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline freshfoodfan

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2012, 12:52:10 pm »
Hi Cornish Cream, I made Bron's veggie stock concentrate first because someone commented it was nicer than the version in the EDC (it sounded nicer too!).  A bit scary using speed 10 and then temp 100 for the first dish, but it seemed to have worked well.  I haven't used the stock in anything yet because it was a hot day here so risotto or soup etc didn't appeal, but it'll be great to have it on hand.

Then I made chocolate custard which was amazing, although I think next time I'll use more cocoa - or maybe real chocolate instead.  And then hommus, which tastes very strong & garlicky (I used huge cloves of garlic!) but from having made aioli in the past I expect the garlic taste to mellow after a day or so into something delicious. 

I would have made the lemon & parsley drink too except my freezer is taking forever to freeze me some ice cubes.. it's a frost free one which is generally brilliant, but I can't store ice in there and need to make it up fresh when I need it.. I'm wondering if a sealable plastic lunchbox or something would allow the ice to stay frozen - does anyone else have this problem??

All up I am completely thrilled with my machine and already wondering how I've managed to live without it.  I can see now how much it's going to change things - it's so unbelievably quick and easy to make tasty, healthy food.  Although I read LOTS about it online and saw a demo before ordering, it was really not until I used it myself that I understood just how clever and versatile it is.  And I haven't even used the butterfly, basket or varoma!!!  I have no children and am generally just cooking for one, but it's still so very worth the saving in time and effort to prepare food which tastes great.

Any lingering doubts have completely vanished and I'm over the moon to have such a great new tool.   ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2012, 01:13:29 pm »
That's fantastic news FFF that since using your new TM your doubts have well and truly vanished.Great start making the Veg Stock Concentrate,  chocolate custard and hummus.You already sound like a pro when you commented "next time" on your future cooking. ;)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline thermoheaven

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2012, 01:52:17 pm »
wow, and you've only had it how long? imagine what you're going to say when you've had it even longer! it's an appliance i still rave about, and i've had it for a couple of years now.

Offline freshfoodfan

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2012, 02:10:18 pm »
About 1.5 days, thermoheaven  ;) :D. I will have to keep the raving in check with those around me who have been fairly sceptical so far.. so few people have even heard of this amazing gadget, including me until a few weeks ago!

Offline Very Happy Jan

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2012, 11:23:17 pm »
Great to hear you are having fun with you TMX freshfoodfan. We all totally understand your emotion and the best thing is, the great feeling you get from owning and using a TMX doesn't diminish with time  :)
Jan.  Perth,  Western Australia
Adolescence is a time of great change. Between the ages of 12 and 17 a parent can age 20 years.

Offline freshfoodfan

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2012, 05:08:34 am »
Unreal. I'm now drinking the delicious lemon/parsley juice and have the quality problem of 'too much great food' in my fridge!!  I really shouldn't make anything more now until I've eaten or shared some of it ;-)  Haven't tried bread yet as my local supermarket only had bakers' flour in 5kg bags which seemed way too much.  I'll do the broccoli salad tomorrow morning to take to work for lunch.

Thank you all for your support & encouragement - it's great to be in contact with people who understand, and share, my enthusiasm.  I look forward to learning lots more from this forum and hopefully contributing too.  :D :D