Author Topic: 1 More Sleep  (Read 9682 times)

Offline alioop

• View Profile
Re: 1 More Sleep
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2009, 02:00:19 pm »
Mince texture must be another example about how we all like things a bit different.

Yes - agree with you guys (I can't work out how to quote different posts together - doh!) - it's about individual tastes/preferences  :) :) 
Although I still think that it could be something to do with my 'technique' as JulieO's pic of her Chow Mein mince looked pretty chunky - mine comes out like a puree meal!  :'(.  Methinks my TM could do with a service like brazen's needed.
Anyway Kay - hope you're having fun with your TM (the shortbread is amazingly quick and easy isn't it and so yummy).
Ali
From the beautiful South-West Western Australia!

Offline willmac

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2009, 09:43:21 pm »
Well I am back, yesterday I made the vegetable stock ready for beef strogonof tonight, last night made the spag bol and absolutley loved it, not as juicy as I use to have using pre made sauce but oh my the flavours were so nice and my daughter did not even know there was vegetables in it, but I did have a little problem I had a little burnt(for lack of a better word) on the bottom of my jug, any suggestions as to what may have happened or what I did wrong. Next time I will just use a little more tomato puree. So tonight it is beef stog and then tomorrow night the minestrone, having so much fun trying different recipes.
Off to make my boiled egg for breakfast.....Oh did I mention how much I love my TM........

Kay

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2009, 02:37:31 am »
It sounds like your machine is getting a good work out.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2009, 09:35:10 am »
With your meat sauce catching on the bottom, it's the high sugar content of the sauce. I give mine a good stir with my rubber spatula and scrape the bottom every 10 minutes or so (turn it off first!!)
Glad you're having so much fun.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2009, 02:27:48 am »
Sounds like you're having fun Kay.

With things sticking - I have started to make more things at 80 or 90 degrees and stir with faster speeds often too to reduce the problem - interested to hear others' thoughts.
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline willmac

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2009, 04:44:40 am »
Thanks for the replies on food sticking. I have not stopped making things with my TM, last night I did the minesrone with pasta soup, hubby was very impressed. Yesterday I also make Luigi's 40 secs biscuits, oh my how good are they, the mix was rather crumbly and did not think they would work out but they did. This morning I made fresh OJ for breakfast, have I said how much I LOVE my TM.

Kay

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2009, 04:48:05 am »
Kay you're giving it a real work out. You probably understand why we're all a bit hooked on our machines.

Offline jojo72

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2009, 03:21:08 pm »
Hi , I'm a "newbie" - so new that I only have one more sleep till I get my Thermomix (here in Rockhampton QLD), thats if I can rely on Australia Post!!. I think i must have read every link and forum there is on Thermomix, but have certainly found this to be the most informative and friendly. Have a shopping list, husband and children ready and waiting. I agree - husbands should go to the demo - I took mine and he thought it was fantastic and said I could have one after the sorbet!!.  I'm off to the Christmas cooking class on Tuesday night.  I have never been interested in cooking - purely because I'm so 'time poor", however, I don't think I've ever been so excited about getting a new kitchen appliance ever ;D ;D. I can't wait to cook like I really should have been doing for years, I'm sure we will all benefit. Lets hope the weight doesn't benefit too much. My demonstrator put on a few Kilo's when she first got hers!!!  Looking forward to adding to the other forum issues when I get some experience.  Till then i'll just keep on reading yours.

Cheers jojo

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2009, 10:23:27 pm »
Kay, you are going really well, well done.  A belated welcome to you.  Don't you just love this forum.

Welcome also to you Jojo, looking forward to hearing more from you once you get your TMX.  Like you, I read every posting on this forum too but back then it was no-where as big as it is today so that was no mean feat on your part. 
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2009, 11:41:38 pm »
Hi , I'm a "newbie" - so new that I only have one more sleep till I get my Thermomix (here in Rockhampton QLD), thats if I can rely on Australia Post!!. I think i must have read every link and forum there is on Thermomix, but have certainly found this to be the most informative and friendly. Have a shopping list, husband and children ready and waiting. I agree - husbands should go to the demo - I took mine and he thought it was fantastic and said I could have one after the sorbet!!.  I'm off to the Christmas cooking class on Tuesday night.  I have never been interested in cooking - purely because I'm so 'time poor", however, I don't think I've ever been so excited about getting a new kitchen appliance ever ;D ;D. I can't wait to cook like I really should have been doing for years, I'm sure we will all benefit. Lets hope the weight doesn't benefit too much. My demonstrator put on a few Kilo's when she first got hers!!!  Looking forward to adding to the other forum issues when I get some experience.  Till then i'll just keep on reading yours.

Cheers jojo

Welcome jojo - sure you'll have lots of fun.  Glad to hear that you have found the forum useful.

It is a bit of a problem with weight gain because it is just tooooooooo easy to cook good food and then we don't want to waste it.

Have fun when it arrives.
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2009, 04:10:50 am »
Welcome Jojo. I can't wait to hear how your Thermomix cooking goes. I was speaking to a friend this morning who is a consultant and she has had 2 husbands ring and ask for demos as they love the machine and it is the wife who is lukewarm on the idea. Men seem to love them.
Hope your machine arrives as expected.

Offline jojo72

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2009, 09:45:54 am »
my Thermomix has arrived and I have a great consultant who is coming over now (7.30pm) to give me a lesson (choc custard - for the kids) and then I'm on my way!!... I'm going to make some "cheddermite scrolls" tonight for the kids lunch tommorrow - lets hope it goes well - I have no  store bought bread in the house!!!. thanks for all the replies and encouragement. Just goes to show how great the machine and support is!! ;D ;D ;D
cheers