Author Topic: What are you cooking today?  (Read 8981065 times)

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
Re: What are you cooking today?
« Reply #5175 on: July 31, 2011, 06:18:18 am »
your roses are blooming luvelly maddy  :D well done.

yesterday I piped some meringues, and they turned out quite well. today i thought I would try my hand at piping "Not a Scotch Finger Biscuit". I need to find some tips on Google on how to do this, and I think I need the correct piping tools too (not just the disposable set from the supermarket cos they might not be the right size).
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #5176 on: July 31, 2011, 06:18:24 am »
It really is easier than it looks Bonsai  8)
I generally always use a wilton "1M" piping tip, and just swirl starting from the center (hold bag completely vertical), then swirl around til you get to the outside  ;)
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5177 on: July 31, 2011, 06:22:47 am »
They look marvelous Maddy,once again I am very impressed and your photography is beautiful
Denise

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #5178 on: July 31, 2011, 06:54:32 am »
Spectacular Maddy, you know I love your piping, you are getting better and better.  :D

Oops, forgot what I was going to say.  ;D  For tea am making Chookie's KFC chicken with actifry chips and salad.  :D
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 06:56:23 am by JulieO »

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #5179 on: July 31, 2011, 07:56:09 am »
OMG Maddy, these are beautiful.  Took some of JD's chicken and veggie soup out of freezer for meals next week, cooking fried rice and chow mien for tea,  Trying new pancake
 recipe for pud.  Will post if any good.

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #5180 on: July 31, 2011, 08:46:07 am »
Firstly Maddy they look spectacular (To good to eat)
Secondly my day started at 5.30 to take my DS (15) on the paper run, then I come home and cooked some vanilla muffins, date and nut loaf, pizza scrolls, cheese and bacon rolls, garlic and herb dip and choc-chip cookies. Then I was feeling pretty flat and took a little break. After my 10 min break I filled the wood box up (Takes 6 Barrow loads) then made an apple crumble some vanilla ice cream and got some chicken ready for Honey Mustard Chicken for tonight. And now I am on the forum for a few minutes before cooking tea. Better go and get back into it. (Why oh Why did I have so many kids?)
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #5181 on: July 31, 2011, 08:48:34 am »
dede maybe so you would never be bored???

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5182 on: July 31, 2011, 09:31:32 am »
So that they will take care of you in your elder years dede. ;)
Maddy ,beautiful cakes.

I've had a small blitz in the kitchen today, getting ready to go away. I did some more vegie stock (so I can leave some home for DD), yellow curry paste, KFC from Chookie, Isi's normal bread as rolls, (some for dinner tonight and some to take), Maddy's beetroot hommus, raspberry and cordial and meringues. I only did some chopping of almonds etc for the meringues in the TMX. Still too chicken to try egg whites.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #5183 on: July 31, 2011, 10:45:28 am »
cookie, yesterday I made the umami paste, and today I made some malt powder (from Tenina's class) and then tomorrow I will try and get hold of some fresh yeast somewhere so I can make a loaf of her cheats sourdough bread.

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5184 on: July 31, 2011, 11:09:04 am »
Well CP yesterday I bought the ingredients for the curry paste and then we have had visitors. Made cookies yummy beetroot,cashew and Parmesan dip and hommus, and JD's chicken and vege soup. Looking forward to spending some time in the kitchen!
Denise

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #5185 on: July 31, 2011, 11:17:51 am »

Bored? Whats That? No chance of being bored with 5 kids, No chance of relaxing either. Oh I do love them though.
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline jeninwa

• View Profile
« Reply #5186 on: July 31, 2011, 02:36:06 pm »
Love your cupcakes maddy,
today I made umami paste, orange and olive salt, strawberry and rhubarb soup , just about to make the malt for the cheats sour dough, all from Tenina's class and mushroom and fetta rissotto.
I child-proofed my house, but they still get in!

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5187 on: July 31, 2011, 02:41:44 pm »

Bored? Whats That? No chance of being bored with 5 kids, No chance of relaxing either. Oh I do love them though.

please be normal with me Dede and admit ... just some days (maybe just a couple a year  ;) ;)) you REALLY do wonder why you had 5 kids  ... please don't let me be the only one  :o :o
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #5188 on: July 31, 2011, 09:24:48 pm »
As we think DH may be becoming lactose intolerant I experimented with some new vegan recipes - we're already vegetarian, so vegan is simply a slightly different direction for me and have made plenty of vegan meals in the past, but never been totally vegan, although I'm thinking it shouldn't be much of a problem, espeically with Indian food.

Anyway, made some tofu steaks with a lovely, slightly crunchy tahini / sesame / mustard / lemon sauce for lunches (as they are fairly small), a red sauce for combining with canellini beans using beetroot to give the main red colouring and a roasted pumpkin and walnut pasta sauce.  All recipes from my new recipe book called Feel Good Food by Tony Chiodo.  I was going to make cashew nut curry as well, but ran out of time as I didn't have my TMX to rely on.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline johnro

• View Profile
« Reply #5189 on: July 31, 2011, 09:27:37 pm »
That is interesting Maddy re the method which you pipe icing onto cupcake as I do it in reverse, beginning on the outside and ending in the centre.  Used your raspberry version of the best frosting - I had a batch of cupcakes cooking while checking the forum - voila your new version appeared - thank you!!!  :)

« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 02:59:05 am by johnro »
Robyn from Rockhampton, Qld  :)

I used to have a handle on life, then it broke.