Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6035900 times)

Mama Fergie

Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #1815 on: August 12, 2012, 02:28:11 am »
Yes Hally not looking the best outside maybe we will just walk across to the marina later instead if the rain stays on.
Sorry to hear about your friend :( Hopefully the prognosis will be positive.
Yes we have a hectic few months ahead also. DH and I decided to go away on our own as we normally do once or twice a year. I booked Phuket about 6 weeks ago and we leave on 22nd August. Last Friday DH called me and said he had been offered a trip to Singapore for the Grand Priz as his business partner could no longer and all paid so we ar off there on the September 15th. GD won state final comp here last Sunday so DD and I going to Melbourne for the national final and we will arrive home 2 days before we go to Singapore! 7 weeks ago I was not going anywhere!!! Not complaining but would be great if everything was well spaced out. Had we known about Grand Prix trip we would not have booked Phuket.  :-))

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: August 12, 2012, 02:31:42 am »
Amy, was going to take a photo of the veg patch, all that is left now is, rosemary, lavender, chillis, garlic chives, thyme, sage, a few spring onions, 1 capsicum, green beans, 2 huge parsley bushes :)

At least we cleared the veg patch yesterday.

MF, Yes all crossed for monday for my friend.

You just miss us in singapore, we are 5th-9th :)

Hawaii October.

Down south in a few weeks.

Doing a nice meal at home today :)
Enjy the marina, we have been twice & enjoyed it there.

:)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 02:34:08 am by Halex »
Mum to Crown Prince......

Mama Fergie

« Reply #1817 on: August 12, 2012, 02:40:16 am »
Your veg patch sounds great. I only have a herb patch, can't call it a herb garden as it is only 3 foot by 3 foot square in my small washing line courtyard. At the moment the parsley has wandered and is now gracing both sides of the path leading to the laundry door!! Basil rosemary and thyme all overgrown also so triimming on the agenda this week and will plant some Asian herbs at the start of spring. No room for veggies as we don't have a large block of land and being so close to the ocean lots of plants don't survive.
I love Singapore especially the shopping and food

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: August 12, 2012, 02:42:43 am »
Ours isnt very big but its 2 levels. Might try basil again, the last lot died.

I love the food & shopping in singapore too. Where are you staying. We are at the sheraton towers, last trip the St.Regis, but it was very pricey >:(

Mama Fergie

« Reply #1819 on: August 12, 2012, 02:49:13 am »
We are staying at the Swissotel Stamford. I haven't stayed there before but I am sure it will be fine. It is a big group booking and was all pre-organized some time ago. Our business partner had to cancel so we now get the free trip.
Where is St Regis? We normally stay in Clarke Quay either the Novotel or the Merchant Court. Love the Indian food in Singapore

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: August 12, 2012, 03:18:19 am »
St Regis is in Orchard Rd, just near the Hard Rock Cafe which is just off  Orchard Rd.

Mama Fergie

« Reply #1821 on: August 12, 2012, 03:35:33 am »
I know Hard Rock sometimes go there for a western fix 😄good location for shopping. I gave a shoe and bag problem. Can't stop buying them :D

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: August 12, 2012, 03:47:24 am »
I just love the shopping :)

We will go to the hardock for ds, it is a nice ine, but I love Indochime, carke quay & chines area.

Cant wait to checkout the new marina sands.

Mama Fergie

« Reply #1823 on: August 12, 2012, 04:08:36 am »
Me too I love Indochine especially sitting outside overlooking the river. Great food. Had a look at Marina Sands when we were there in April. Looks amazing. Hotel very pricey. Are you going to Universal Studios? How old is your son? I like Vivo City shopping centre and the German pub on the riverfront for a nice cold beer and great food. Love the Hawker food too.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: August 12, 2012, 04:19:29 am »
We were there in April 2011, it was nearly finished then.

Unversal Studios had just opened so we had a great day there & also love the beach club on sentosa, the pool is pretty small but its a good day out :) ds is 8, yes love vivocity too, a great gap store there :)

Where is Indochine on the water, is it near the fullerton? we have only  been to the one on orchard rd.

Mama Fergie

« Reply #1825 on: August 12, 2012, 04:33:07 am »
It's in Clarke Quay on the waterfront. It's the outside restaurant area of a club/bar called the Forbidden City. It's still Indochine and same menu. If you are in Clarke Quay looking at the river walk to the right and you will find it.

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: August 12, 2012, 05:51:39 am »
Went for a long run this morning. Now I am watching an episode of Supernatural before going in to work for a while.

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: August 12, 2012, 06:10:13 am »
I'm jealous Dash, my PT told me not to run this weekend :-)) I've been getting very sore calves so he told me to give them a rest.

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: August 12, 2012, 06:36:47 am »
Do you stretch after running Amy?  Also a foam roller might help loosen up your calves.

mcmich

« Reply #1829 on: August 12, 2012, 07:08:37 am »
Well, stone the crows, I turned the freezer off today for defrosting. It wasn't empty but the little bit I have will fit into my kitchen fridge/freezer which is very tiny and now bursting at the seams.
I was going to toss a slice of saved wedding cake that has been in several freezers for 32yrs from my wedding with late DH but couldn't do it. I've had it this long and it doesn't take up much space.