Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6035543 times)

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #1425 on: July 29, 2012, 08:18:05 am »
Mmmmm, I think I would love that too Robyn :) My back muscles get very tight because I'm always tense :-))

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: July 29, 2012, 08:20:30 am »
Amy, do you do any stretches. they help. :D

Sometimes that's all I need, is to do a stretch work out.  I had a  back massage last week, as thats one I can't do myself. So good.

I am always doing other people. :D
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

• View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: July 29, 2012, 08:25:20 am »
I do some stretches, but I probably should do more :-))

When I come and visit you, will you do a massage for me? :)

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: July 29, 2012, 08:29:55 am »
Yes Amy I will.

Remember  I am in FNQ, but visit if you ever can.. :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

[/url

• View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: July 29, 2012, 08:33:55 am »
Thanks Robyn :D

Yes, I remember you are a long way away. It would be a good reason for a holiday for me :) And we could go and see Gert while I'm over there too :D

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: July 29, 2012, 08:38:59 am »
Glad to here that you are ok Amy.  Last year I crashed my bike and broke my wrist. All healed now but still not 100%.

This morning I went for a nice long 20km run. It felt good. Nothing unusual happened.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: July 29, 2012, 08:41:50 am »
Yes Amy, but if you ever want to visit, great...

[/url

• View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: July 29, 2012, 08:55:34 am »
Glad to here that you are ok Amy.  Last year I crashed my bike and broke my wrist. All healed now but still not 100%.

This morning I went for a nice long 20km run. It felt good. Nothing unusual happened.

Thanks Dash :) I am a very cautious rider so I don't think I will have too many accidents. Fingers crossed anyway :-))
Thats a shame about your wrist. Its frustrating when we have injuries that never heal properly :(
How long did the 20km take you?

Yes Amy, but if you ever want to visit, great...

I want to see your lemon tree :D

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: July 29, 2012, 09:01:08 am »

Thanks Dash :) I am a very cautious rider so I don't think I will have too many accidents. Fingers crossed anyway :-))
Thats a shame about your wrist. Its frustrating when we have injuries that never heal properly :(
How long did the 20km take you?

I try to ride cautiously but accidents happen when you ride fast in groups. I am going back to the surgeon who fixed my wrist and I am hoping he will see something simple that might be easily fixed.

I ran the 20k in 1:51.

• View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: July 29, 2012, 09:28:07 am »
Like the accidents you see on TV? Some of those look pretty nasty. I hope the surgeon can do something too Dash :)

Would you say 1:51 a good time for that distance? I've never run that far, so I'm not sure.

mcmich

« Reply #1435 on: July 29, 2012, 09:35:11 am »
That's worrying.  A few years ago I was sleeping with the sliding doors wide open when I say a tiny flash light at the back fence. There were two kids climbing my fence to steal my garden solar lights. A bit stupid as they give off quite a lot of light early after dark. Anyway I turned on the high beam outside light and stepped outside stark naked. That was enough to frighten them off. I found out later that quite a few of the neighbours had their lights  stolen that night.

I would be the opposite I think. I would turn all the lights on, open the blinds and invite them in while holding my cricket bat in hand..

Hope younger some sleep this week.

Gert
And would you suggest naked Gert? You are ingenious.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: July 29, 2012, 09:44:47 am »
That's worrying.  A few years ago I was sleeping with the sliding doors wide open when I say a tiny flash light at the back fence. There were two kids climbing my fence to steal my garden solar lights. A bit stupid as they give off quite a lot of light early after dark. Anyway I turned on the high beam outside light and stepped outside stark naked. That was enough to frighten them off. I found out later that quite a few of the neighbours had their lights  stolen that night.

I would be the opposite I think. I would turn all the lights on, open the blinds and invite them in while holding my cricket bat in hand..

Hope younger some sleep this week.

Gert
And would you suggest naked Gert? You are ingenious.

Whatever works. I was not going to take the time to put my robe on . I,called the police but told rhem not to bother coming out tonight as I doubted very much they would be back. Nextday they came to tell me they had other calls as well but not until morning  when ppl discovered the had missing lights.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: July 29, 2012, 12:35:00 pm »
CP did you advise police? We had some undesirables hanging around once when we were away and DD called the police and said she was quite worried and was by herself. They were great and came by several times. The first time they actually called at the house to say we are here and will keep an eye out. We were very impressed.

Today we had a run with the club in the old car. It was freezing but great fun. We didn't conk out thank goodness as DH only got it back on the road yesterday after replacing a part in the diff that had disintegrated .
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 12:37:05 pm by cookie1 »
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

• View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: July 29, 2012, 12:41:42 pm »
Today we had a run with the club in the old car. It was freezing but great fun. We didn't conk out thank goodness as DH only got it back on the road yesterday after replacing a part in the diff that had disintegrated .

What sort of old car do you have Cookie? My step-dad has a 1948 Lanchester.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: July 29, 2012, 01:02:26 pm »
DH has a 1930 soft top Model A, this one is licensed and we use it. He also has a 1930 hard top Model A that is nearly ready for licensing. He has restored that one and a 1928 Model A ute that is in 1000's of bits. They are all Fords and gorgeous.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/