Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6070270 times)

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #885 on: July 11, 2012, 09:28:07 am »
I just handed in my resignation. Oh the relief :D

Good girl. Are you going to lok for another job straight away or take a break?

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #886 on: July 11, 2012, 09:32:39 am »
Thanks Gert :D
Just before I took my resignation in to work, I actually went to my local college and enrolled in a Nutrition and Dietetic Assistance course... so I might wait until I see what my workload is going to be like until I look for another job :)
But I am already considering asking around at some local cafes to see if they need waitresses. I just don't like the thought of being without an income :-))

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #887 on: July 11, 2012, 10:34:45 am »
Hello.

Lovely photo Amy, so sorry about your family news. I can't really add anything that hasn't already been said, but know that you and your family are in our thoughts. Good luck with college.

Jakodai so sorry about your son, long illnesses are hard for all concerned. Been there done that.

The graduation was very very special yesterday. We were all so very proud. Mum, step dad, dad, and brother. Lovely photos.
Bit surreal at times sitting with a DH on one side and an exH on the other but it was all fine. What she wanted and it was her day. I had been a bit nervous about that aspect but actually needn't have been.

Long drive back to where we are staying last night, got in at  midnight, woke at 6, but manged to sleep again and am still bit tired today. Lots of standing yesterday. Very wet too, still raining today.

mcmich

« Reply #888 on: July 11, 2012, 10:37:36 am »
Glad it all went well DJ. It's lovely to see your children doing well.
How's DH?

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #889 on: July 11, 2012, 10:43:52 am »
Worth it all . Things change. People change. Usually  everyone comes good  when needs be. Lovely.

Gert

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #890 on: July 11, 2012, 10:44:48 am »
Thanks mcmich. Yes it is.
DH bit better. He felt a it woozy at times yesterday, but would have missed the occasion for anything. He took a really  good video of her getting her hood put on by the robing master and shaking hands on the stage.  Brilliant.

Thanks Gert too.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: July 11, 2012, 10:46:18 am »
Glad to hear that he graduation went well DJ,they are special ;) It must be good to be home safe and sound.DD has a friend who lives in Hebden Bridge and she has been flooded twice. :o
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

• View Profile
« Reply #892 on: July 11, 2012, 10:48:06 am »
Hi DJ, thanks for your well wishes :)
I'm glad to hear your DD's graduation went well :D I know how she must have felt, I used to do a lot of performing and I would have mum on one side of the audience and dad on the other side. It was very awkward and at times unpleasant :(

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #893 on: July 11, 2012, 10:58:00 am »
Thanks CC
We r still oop north! The rain just carries on. Back to south on Saturday.
Cragside today.

On no Amy she was absolutely fine with it all. It was me who was more nervous.
It is all long ago now but these major traumas do tend to have long tails.
So another occasion in the future, of which I hope there will be some good ones, should be OK now.

I worked hard over the years to make sure they kept in regular contact with their dad and extended family. it has been worth it.

When the Uni offered a free group photo my DH immediatly stood to one side and DD said no way, you too. So there are we are all of us in a picture, 2 dads, one mum and a brother with the graduate.  Priceless. It means so much.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: July 11, 2012, 11:04:08 am »
Sorry DJ I missread the post :P
Well you will be pleased to know we have sunshine down south with scattered showers.It's still very muddy though, :( Could throw pots here with all the clay soil that's been churned up :D
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 11:30:09 am by Cornish Cream »
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #895 on: July 11, 2012, 11:04:33 am »
Proves you have done a very good job . Priceless is right.
Gert

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: July 11, 2012, 11:09:14 am »
It's nice when this can happen DJ - forget the past and put the kids first.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

• View Profile
« Reply #897 on: July 11, 2012, 11:29:13 am »
On no Amy she was absolutely fine with it all. It was me who was more nervous.
It is all long ago now but these major traumas do tend to have long tails.
So another occasion in the future, of which I hope there will be some good ones, should be OK now.

I worked hard over the years to make sure they kept in regular contact with their dad and extended family. it has been worth it.

When the Uni offered a free group photo my DH immediatly stood to one side and DD said no way, you too. So there are we are all of us in a picture, 2 dads, one mum and a brother with the graduate.  Priceless. It means so much.

Oh DJ, thats so special. It sounds like you've done very well keeping them all in touch, and its paid off :)

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #898 on: July 11, 2012, 12:05:42 pm »
So lovely DJ. Gotta put stuff behind us and get on with what's ahead.

Great news Amy and good to hear that you're planning to study. I've been thinking about study too. I'd love to do Chemistry. It would help me so much in my skincare business. Not sure where to start, though!
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #899 on: July 11, 2012, 12:23:18 pm »
There must be plenty of sort of courses line.  At Harvard they  post a lot of lectures on Chemistry.  Maybe explore  the Internet or even long distance learning. Anyway I think  you could tell others a few things about skin care and making products.

Gert