Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6114846 times)

Mama Fergie

Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #1845 on: August 13, 2012, 02:53:00 am »
Looking after GD 4years and GS 2years. GD 17 here for a Thermie cooking day. She loves it!!!  :D

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: August 13, 2012, 05:34:38 am »
So far today: up 2am with Miss19mths, folded dry washing, hung load of wash and put another load on. Finally get her back to sleep and go back to bed. Up 5.15am with DH, Miss 19mths hears us and decides to wake again. So I empty the dish drawers, and try to tempt her with breakfast (no luck.) Get her back to bed, hang the now washed washing, get miss 5 up, breakfasted and ready for school, miss 3 up, dressed and breakfasted. Now miss 19mths doesn't want to wake.  :-))  So thankfully I have a lovely SIL I can call on who took miss5 to school. Get the house ready to vac. Miss 19mths wakes and wants to be carried everywhere, still won't eat or drink. Take the preschoolers to drop some stuff up at MILs, miss 19mths decided to drink and eat for Grandma.  :-\  Still got temp which panadol and sponging won't bring down, so I call in at docs, and get straight in.  :o  He can't find what is causing the temp, said ears and throat are fine, but she is now dehydrated as well, and her whole body must be aching. She is shivering and shaking. Finally get home, try some more food and drink - no luck. Put tea on in slowcooker. Have some lunch with miss 3 and try to put them to bed. I now have 1 3yr old in her bed singing at the top of her voice, and one very upset 19mth old that I don't know what to do with next...?!  :-\  Hopefully the next 3hrs til DH gets home from work go fast!  :)
:D

Mama Fergie

« Reply #1847 on: August 13, 2012, 05:38:20 am »
Poor you :( you must be exhausted. Hope little one gets better soon. It's worse when you don't know the cause. Possibly the horrid flu virus that has been going around.

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: August 13, 2012, 05:47:49 am »
Oh no Astarra hopefully the fever will break in the next little while and she will feel better :)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: August 13, 2012, 05:57:35 am »
 :-* :-* :-* for you astarra. I do hope the sick little one recovers soon.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: August 13, 2012, 06:18:14 am »
Oh bless, yiur having a hard time Astarra.

Have a cuppa & put your feet up :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

*suzanne*

« Reply #1851 on: August 13, 2012, 06:22:45 am »
Astarra I hope your DD is feeling better soon, it's so hard when they are so young and sick trying to get fluids into them, do you think she may eat an ice block like the electrolyte ones, I know they do kids ones and it may help with her dehydration xxx

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #1852 on: August 13, 2012, 06:24:45 am »
Poor little thing Astarra. Hope she feels better soon.:(
Could it be teeth?

I have had a busy day too
Took kids to school (walked) then home to grab car and pick up nephew and drop him off at day care, home again to clean the house and feed the lamb. Out I the shed to do some framing for the day, feed the lamb again, whip down to post office for my sister, back home to grab the pram, walk to day care and pick up nephew then walk to school to get kids, and home again now.
Now start getting dinner ready before friend comes to pick up the lamb.
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: August 13, 2012, 06:46:17 am »
Thanx all, she has finally gone to sleep (still not got anymore fluids into her) so am hoping she feels better when she wakes. Just had a sudden inspiration... I wonder if she would eat sorbet. Will definately be trying that when she wakes up.  :) TMs are great! :D 
Suzanne, thanx for the idea, I did try the hydrolte icpoles but no luck there either.  :-\

Dede - teeth are the only thing we could come up with... :-\ 
:D

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: August 13, 2012, 07:02:24 am »
Astarra, both DD and I had the flu last week and the symptons were similar to what you are experiencing although we both had a really bad cough as well. Panadol did nothing for our fevers and we just had to ride them out each time. Back at work today but feeling totally wiped out now. I hope it's just teeting with your little one.

*suzanne*

« Reply #1855 on: August 13, 2012, 07:27:50 am »
Hope the sorbet works, my DS was sick as well (first day back at school in 2wks today) nuerofen is great for fevers but if she isn't eating that's a bit hard as it's best to have it with food, I hope when she wakes she is a little better xxx

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: August 13, 2012, 07:33:21 am »
sorbets are great for that Astarra.
My DS was sick today from school too
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: August 13, 2012, 07:47:33 am »
Oh astarra hope your little one at least drinks something soon...whats her fav drink?? Im sure youve tried everything though...
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: August 13, 2012, 07:53:29 am »
Got a scare yesterday as dd hasnt been eating hardly at all lately and as usual was slowly eating her sandwich (wont eat what we are eating) and it seemed like the food was in her mouth forever.. Anyway all of a sudden she was going white and couldnt breath so dh put his finger down her throat as he could see the bread had gone all gluggy and got stuck in her throat.. She threw up everywhere but could breath... She didnt seem phased and rinsed her off then put her in the bath.. She was happy... Kids.. Amazing how calm she was...
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: August 13, 2012, 08:01:59 am »
Astarra, I was exhausted just reading your post! :o Good luck with Miss18mths, I hope she is feeling better soon. And I hope you are not working too hard :-*

Today didn't start too well because I dropped a glass jar and it smashed all over the kitchen floor :( Glass is the worst thing to clean up! If you miss a little bit it could end up in someone's foot :-\ I just hope I got it all.
I went to my PT session, it was great as usual, and.... one of the other regulars there offered me a job at his business :) That's 4 job offers in a week!! :o But it was a toss up between the hospital and this new one, and I finally decided on the new one. I rang the guy this afternoon and I'm going in for training tonight! ;D
It was a very tough decision, but I think it is the right one :)

Now I'm studying ;)