Welcoming Center, Management and General Chat > Chit Chat

Uses for Dukkah

<< < (8/10) > >>

maddy:
Thank-you Judy  :)

CarolineW:
Thanks for a wonderful thread!  I have been threatening to give Dukkah a try for ages (first heard of it on this forum), but couldn't really imagine what I'd use it for.  I'm now feeling inspired.

Thermomixer:
Good to hear you back in the kitchen - how's the littl'un ?

Dukkah is everywhere over here.  Think 2 chefs - Greg Malouf and Maggie Beer really got us using it/devouring it !

CarolineW:

--- Quote from: Thermomixer on April 08, 2010, 10:54:54 am ---Good to hear you back in the kitchen - how's the littl'un ?

Dukkah is everywhere over here.  Think 2 chefs - Greg Malouf and Maggie Beer really got us using it/devouring it !

--- End quote ---

The littl'un's doing well now that she's on hypoallergenic milk, thanks.  And sleeping better at nights, which is good news for us!  ;D  I'm not yet back in the kitchen on the scale that I'd like to be, but it still feels great to be cooking again.  I even got back to the allotment to work for a bit yesterday, which felt fantastic!!!!  Absolute bliss.

My parents are over for a couple of weeks at the moment, and Mum's said she'll take the kids one day so that I can splurge in the kitchen and on my sewing machine.  Can't wait.  I need to make a list of things I want to do so I'm ready to hit the kitchen running.  I think I'll probably do a bit of baking, and an Indian meal, including chappatis.  I made them at a demo I did last week for an Indian family.  I made the dough, and they taught me what consistency they should be so that I know whether they have the right amount of water, and how to roll them out and cook them properly.  It was great to have a demo where I was learning too.  I only hope I can remember everything they told me about what spices work well with what, to get the best combinations.

Anyone got any suggestions for 'must tries' from the Indian book or for baking??

meganjane:

--- Quote from: judydawn on April 07, 2010, 07:50:22 am ---Maddy, took me a while but I finally found what you are looking for.

http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?action=printpage;topic=2302.0 for the very long discussion on Val's yoghurt on our forum

and for Val's recipe http://www.superkitchenmachine.com on Helene's blog.  Under 'search this blog' click on yoghurt/cheese then scroll down the recipes and you will come to Valerie's revised TMX yoghurt recipe.

Check out Helene's blog whilst you are there - it is a little beauty.

--- End quote ---
Thanks for finding that JD! I hadn't checked back in to this thread, so didn't realise that Maddy had requested the link.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version