Author Topic: Weight loss Challenge  (Read 495668 times)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Weight loss Challenge
« Reply #1350 on: July 01, 2013, 11:43:16 am »
Well done Chelsea.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline rainbow

• View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: July 02, 2013, 01:46:16 am »
I bet that's a good feeling Chelsea, now to maintain? Or will you go a little lower

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
« Reply #1352 on: July 02, 2013, 04:41:21 am »
I bet that's a good feeling Chelsea, now to maintain? Or will you go a little lower

It is an amazing feeling Rainbow. I'm still doing my lower points for a couple more weeks. I'm a bit nervous about increasing my points for maintenance and possibly putting on weight. My local WW leader is leaving and I've been debating putting my hand up. It would be a great incentive to maintain my weight (having to get lead the meeting each week) but I probably have enough on my plate at the moment.  :)

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: July 06, 2013, 03:11:36 pm »
Great to hear you are all doing so well!
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

Offline rainbow

• View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: July 07, 2013, 03:22:29 am »
My first week on WW and I have lost a kilo, happy with that, I don't have a lot to lose, 5kilo maximum so slow and steady 👍👍

• View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: July 07, 2013, 11:06:12 am »
Wonderful news Rainbow.  I was wondering how you were going. :)

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: July 07, 2013, 11:09:11 am »
Well done rainbow.

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #1357 on: July 07, 2013, 01:52:54 pm »
Well done Chelsea and Rainbow! I've been going great guns on Herbalife.
I'm down to my first goal weight and have two more kg to get to my final goal then maintenance.

It's been really easy, but I haven't been on here, because I don't want to talk about cakes, bread, biscuits etc!! I've been using Jamie Oliver's 15 and 30 Minute Meal books as inspiration for our evening meals.

Thermie gets a workout each morning making my shakes. My favourite at the moment is a green apple, a kiwi fruit, 70g low fat yoghurt, water and almond milk to 300g and the Vanilla shake powder.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

• View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: July 13, 2013, 08:57:48 am »
Great going MJ!!!!

I weighed in at my meeting this morning  and have lost another 1.1kg. Next week will be a big week for me as I become a life member of weight watchers (no more paying) and hopefully I will hit the 10kg mark.  I only need to lose .4 this coming week to get to 10kg lost.  :)

Offline rainbow

• View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: July 15, 2013, 11:59:56 am »
No weight loss this week, but maybe next week

Offline tarasis

• Stay at home dad with a Thermomix & 2 kids :)
    • View Profile
    • Tarasis.net
« Reply #1360 on: July 18, 2013, 10:23:17 am »
Argh, my first attempt at writing this got lost after i switched apps.

I'm going to try and join doing this, though im not sure how yet. My weight has balloned since i had my spleen removed in Feb 2012, gaining roughly 11kg from my pre-op weight or 14kg from the weight i left hospital with. Whats a little annoying is that what i eat is basically the same as it was pre-op, so it seems my dodgy spleen was giving some positive benefits.

One thing i plan to do is cut out drinking coca cola again, i managed it for a month back in January though it was difficult as i'm addicted to it. Rhather literally i might add, as i tend to get withdrawal symptoms for the first few days/weeks when i go cold turkey. About 10 years back, hell even about 6-7 years back, i was drinking about 2 litres a day as with bottles its to da,n easy when using a pint glass for drinks. I switched to 330ml cans a while back when they started being available here, as i prefer the taste and i drink less (though still 2-4 cans a day).

I do drink water, roughly 2 litres a day thanks to having a pint glass around. I do drink fruit juice, though given the calories in the ones i like (grape juice, pineapple juice) its not exactly that much healthier.

Not liking veg/salad will make this all a bit trickier.

Anyway, my weight currently stands at

2013/07/18 -- 87.6kg  --  +0.6Kg from 2013/07/10

(I tend to weigh myself daily and record it in an app)
Rob from Buchholz i.d.N, Klecken, Hamburg, formerly (England) Burgess Hill, Goring By Sea, Brighton, (Northern Ireland) Bangor and Newtownards.

http://tarasis.net

• View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: July 18, 2013, 11:19:41 am »
Good luck Tarasis.  It isn't easy but is worth it. We look forward to hearing how you go.  :)

Offline tarasis

• Stay at home dad with a Thermomix & 2 kids :)
    • View Profile
    • Tarasis.net
« Reply #1362 on: July 18, 2013, 02:05:18 pm »
Crikey what a thread, I'm about 1/3 of the way through it right now. Your all pretty amazing. Cheers Amy for all the useful info posts, never realised you were that young.

-edit

Hey made it too the end of the thread.  Don't think I'm going to try and catch up on some of the other threads, would take to long; even skim reading :)
Rob from Buchholz i.d.N, Klecken, Hamburg, formerly (England) Burgess Hill, Goring By Sea, Brighton, (Northern Ireland) Bangor and Newtownards.

http://tarasis.net

Offline rainbow

• View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: July 21, 2013, 05:36:29 am »
Managed to lose another half kilo, very slow, blaming the weather. Now weigh 59.5k good to see a 5 instead of 6. Good luck with your cola addiction Tasaris

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: July 21, 2013, 05:45:31 am »
Good luck Rob. The addiction to Coke is not going to be easy but you can do it.   :) I think you will find if you can kick this habit and reduce your fruit juice intake you will see your weight steadily decrease. The trick is not to replace these to things with something else.