Author Topic: WA Retreat Weekend  (Read 469789 times)

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
Re: WA Retreat Weekend
« Reply #645 on: June 03, 2012, 03:37:35 pm »
I believe Cookie is doing it when she gets back from Monkey Mia  :)
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline MEP

• View Profile
« Reply #646 on: June 03, 2012, 04:00:32 pm »
Thanks Faffa. Have a good night  :)
From Perth WA

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #647 on: June 03, 2012, 04:04:57 pm »
correctimondo faffa

another place I would like to add to Fridays agenda is "Canal Rocks" in Yallingup. Friday is a free day and you can meet where the time fits in, my mobile number will be given out and other drivers so that we are in touch.  Canal Rocks is truly spectacular if the swell is huge. (free attraction) Some cars may not want to go to chocolate or soap so its good to meet for lunch and jump into cars with similar interests. The drive there onwards is nothing and houses are close so luggage is not a prob.

cookie it takes 3 hours from Perth if you drive without any hold ups.

2 days is very short to explore this area. I would recommend 3 days minimum. I'm not going to push people either to go from one place to another as I gather from the questionnaires that people want to relax and talk to each other and catch up.  I am really happy to organise this year and next year in Margaret River, and may be the following year in another state or WA if people are happy. Once we have the first and second year its easy from there onwards to organise this and that (especially if its WA ha ha). It has made me acutely aware of what is lacking in the tourism industry here. Shame I haven't got about $4m up my sleeve I could really do a lot to create something really unique.  Then again, why if I had that sort of money why would I bother??? Maybe if I won some obscene amount in Lotto I would create something just because I could and just because its actually really needed. Me and my DH would probably last 6 months in the Lotto life before we woud start to look at challenging ourselves. I won $14.20 last week, I doubt whether it gets better than that)

Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

mcmich

« Reply #648 on: June 03, 2012, 11:47:21 pm »
I'll be happy with whatever we do and where ever we go CP.
$14.20, you could save it and buy some soap or chocolate on our retreat.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #649 on: June 03, 2012, 11:54:30 pm »
Cookie I can be back home before 9am, probably with tears, never spent more than 1 night away from him, then I see him the next day at 10am. Its going to be tough.
H :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: June 04, 2012, 01:00:35 am »
Hally can you perhaps ring him every night or email him on your iPad?  Perhaps DH has something special organised for the 2 of them that weekend to keep him fully occupied and give him something to look forward to - when we get back home to them on Sunday sometime, the reunion will be worth hanging out for. I know it is more you than DS fretting and I have the same trepidation when I leave DH in the care of someone else whilst I go on day trips with the carers but once I get on that bus or boat, within a very short time I completely become immersed in my surroundings and with the people who are sharing it with me that I can honestly say, poor DH slips from my mind for a while and I just relax and enjoy the break.

CP, your lotto wins sound like mine ;D  DH can't understand why I am pleased to just win 3+ but it all adds up.  For the past few years I've been putting all my winnings into a sealed tin money box then open it on the 31st December.  Twice I had around the $300 mark there but last year it was $500 which you can do something with rather than just pop the odd dollar or two in your purse to get gobbled up with your grocery bill.

CP perhaps we could do some things on the way down and others on the way back on the Sunday - it would be nice to see as much as we can, especially for us interstaters. I can't believe you are already talking about a retreat for next year and the year after  :o  I though this one may have been so hard you would be willing to pass it onto someone else but this is obviously your forte and you enjoy doing it (and do it well may I add :-*)

Anyone counting the days ;)
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #651 on: June 04, 2012, 02:43:36 am »
I'll have my car too. It's a big one, a Holden statesman - seats five comfortably, though the back seat is low, so short people will need a cushion to see out of the window!

I'll be there around 11 on Friday. Definitely want to go to the Chocolate Factory and will go to Soap Factory, I always like to see other people's soap.

Miller's in Cowaramup will be closed, but the Margaret River Shop will be open. I met Paul Miller at a workshop in Perth and they'll be taking a much needed holiday in August.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #652 on: June 04, 2012, 03:27:39 am »
Thats a bummer that they are taking their holidays in August. Oh, well we always stop somewhere else eg. the Providore, which is sort of still heading in the direction of home. Just waiting to hear from the bus company what places we'll be visiting. There was also another place called Margaret River Silk Road which may be interesting.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: June 04, 2012, 05:44:06 am »
Yes folks I am doing the car pooling. I have your name on my list mep. I've put a lot of thought into it but want to do the actual list when I get home.
CP am I right in asking that peoploe get them selves to the driver's place? Hally I can pick you and Judy up as you are only down the road.
CP perhaps I can go down on the Forrest Highway so that we can come to lunch.

All my car planning has been done when I go to bed at night, I lay there thinking who can go with who. I may create a rough plan and send it to CP and then if I haven't missed anyone out let people know via pm.
DH keeps wanting to go fishing during the day.  :P :P :-))
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: June 04, 2012, 05:47:21 am »
Thanks Cookie, it's nice to know we are being looked after.  :-* :-* :-*
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: June 04, 2012, 06:24:58 am »
Cookie, I believe Tenina is picking up chookie  and DH as well as me from Maudes on Fri morning so maybe you can confirm that with her. mcmich  is staying at Maudes as well but I believe she has a lift. 

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

mcmich

« Reply #656 on: June 04, 2012, 07:34:45 am »
Cookie has offered to show me round town on the Thursday if her time permits of course.
Not sure about a lift down but I'm happy to taxi it to any drivers convenient pick-up point.

Offline nazar

• View Profile
« Reply #657 on: June 04, 2012, 07:42:22 am »
  l am coming from augusta  so l will be meeting  everyone in yellingup 
l have a  station wagon   with spare seats if someone wants to go some where different
 l dont mind to drive them   l  will go with the flow
everything sounds great thanks cp a job well done  your excelled yourself

South West WA AUSTRALIA

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: June 04, 2012, 07:53:03 am »
Cookie has offered to show me round town on the Thursday if her time permits of course.
Not sure about a lift down but I'm happy to taxi it to any drivers convenient pick-up point.

I think Tenina  has a big car so if she is picking up three from  Maudes then maybe you too. You can but ask.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline sals77

• View Profile
« Reply #659 on: June 04, 2012, 07:54:34 am »
I would love to but wouldn't be able to stay whole day(s) at a time due to baby- but if there were 'session' options with T I would be very keen.