Author Topic: Rain and Flooding.  (Read 4417 times)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Rain and Flooding.
« on: December 08, 2010, 12:48:20 am »
Hi everyone over the other side. How are you all coping over there with all the rain and flooding?
DH and I watch the news every night exclaiming over places we have stayed in and all the water.
My thoughts are with you. Take care.  :-* :-* :-*
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
Re: Rain and Flooding.
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 10:23:16 am »
We are very wet down here in Tassie although not flooding yet thankfully. It has been quite violent at times though and I was glad we didn't have to venture out this afternoon. I am doing my best to blow some over your way Cookie!  :)

stacelee

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2010, 11:33:28 am »
Argh...don't tell me it is raining down in Tassie, we are about to head down your way and I was really hoping to see some sunshine and dry out for a bit.....that is if we can make it down the Newell highway without our car going underwater....I'm hoping things dry out around Dubbo in the next week or so or it could be a very interesting drive.

Offline em

• Me and my little spiderman!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2010, 08:42:38 pm »
we are in wodonga,vic and it has been very wet here with minor flooding around this area. more rain is expected though in the next day or so. 
has anyone heard from i love bimby. where she lives is getting hit by bad flooding at the moment. thinking of you and i hope all is well ilb.
Emma from Victoria

stacelee

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2010, 09:31:45 pm »
Its definately a small world,  we will be in Albury/Wodonga visiting my husband's family for three days very soon on our way down to Tassie.  I lived there for 12 months in 1993 while I was working for Mars Corporation....its where I met my wonderful husband (I have to say that cos he let me buy a friend for Tom (TM31)).  Its a beautiful area of the country.....I'm hoping that we will be able to get out to the cheese factory in Millawa and to Young to berry pick.  I'm trying to convince DH that Tom has to come to make berry smoothies.

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2010, 10:26:06 pm »
Well the rain has stopped here this morning, but more is forecast this afternoon.  My clothesline was full by 8am this morning ;D. Fingers crossed it will all have passed by the time you come.  :)

Offline Nay-nay

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2010, 11:24:05 pm »
My sister managed a beautiful wedding in Hervey Bay on the weekend in between all the rain. But we only just made it home through flooded highway Sunday afternoon - pretty sure all other guests heading north would have been stuck too. Not a bad place to 'get stuck' for a couple of days.  ;)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2010, 12:28:52 am »
I see where Adelaide had a downpour too, just after the cricket finished.  Looking at the ABC website Queanbeyan is being evacuated as well. Hang in there everyone.

ILB hope things are OK for you. :-*
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/