Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4564025 times)

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #4380 on: August 06, 2012, 04:06:14 pm »
as with anything that is really smoky would you worry about the carcinogenics?
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline andiesenji

• View Profile
    • Books, Cooks, Gadgets and Gardening
« Reply #4381 on: August 06, 2012, 06:31:38 pm »
I have never heard of them before Halex, will be interesting to find out how you go with them :D

A good site for info on cedar plank grilling - or any wood that is untreated and safe to use with food. (fruitwoods, maple, citrus - a restaurant on the central coast grills on orange wood, birch, alder etc., you can't use heavily resinous woods that burn too quickly even when soaked). 

Another site
I'm not OverWeight, I'm UnderTall!
My Blog: http://www.asenjigalblogs.com/

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #4382 on: August 06, 2012, 10:34:19 pm »
CP, I think it will be fine. I dont intend to put the planks on direct heat.

Andisenji, have you cooked  with them? Thanks for the links :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #4383 on: August 07, 2012, 12:36:16 am »
Hi astarra
I use any bread recipe but max 250g of flour so base it on that.. You can have fun with seeded breads or wholegrain or white bread etc.. Maybe start with chookies no fuss recipe or whatever bread recipe you use already but base the ingredients on 250g of flour.. Make the recipe as usual.. Put in mould and allow to rise ntil it fills the tin in whatever form you choose.. Put lids on and bake in oven at 200 degrees C for approx 20 mins or until a lid pops off lol and let it cool slightly and the bread should slide out..the tins i have are non stick as most should be as if not nightmare to get them out!  Cool completely then slice and serve your fav toppings..

Here typically its either a pain mie or sandwich type bread or rye bread but you can really use any fav bread recipe you want..

Thanx so much Frozzie! :-* Can't wait to try them out, tho might have to be tomorrow now.  :(  :)

Astarra forgot to add to do a first normal rise first then re knead as usual then put in tins for second rise..

Oh thanx Frozzie - was just about to start!! :D
:D

jakodai

« Reply #4384 on: August 08, 2012, 11:36:53 pm »
I bought the cake decorating goodies from Amazon yesterday. I worked out that if I bought them from the local cake decorating shop that I normally go to, I would have spent an extra $120, and that's taking shipping into consideration too (which was $40). All up, my order was $80 + $40 postage, the postage was high because it has to come in 3 different orders because it's so bulky.

I wasn't going to get the caddy, because I was getting a little worried about the money I was spending. I was just going to get a small tip holder, but the caddy has the colors I need for DS's cake so it's almost cheaper to buy the caddy ($49) than to buy the tip holder and the colors, and this way I get more goodies! ;-)

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #4385 on: August 08, 2012, 11:51:57 pm »
Jakodai that looks great,I would love the mats with the rings.

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #4386 on: August 09, 2012, 12:19:36 am »
Jakodi what buyer was it with on amazon as i triedpurchasing and sending to an address in oz and here in france and both times shipping was 70 odd euros so well over 40 dollars postage??
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #4387 on: August 09, 2012, 12:24:07 am »
Jakodai your all set now to make that wonderful cake for DS :)
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #4388 on: August 09, 2012, 12:26:04 am »
caddy looks great
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

jakodai

« Reply #4389 on: August 09, 2012, 12:39:05 am »
This is the link to the actual caddy. I didn't buy it from a buyer, but from Amazon themselves. I was going to buy something from a seller on Amazon, but the postage was astronomical! If you follow that link, and then just click the yellow 'Add to Cart' button on the right hand side of the page, that will buy it from Amazon. I've always found their postage to be quite reasonable, but I've only ever had things delivered to Australia.

I'm very excited about getting it all! I do prefer to buy things locally, I do my best to support the local businesses, but I have to support myself, too. I don't mind spending an extra few $$ on things, but $120!

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #4390 on: August 09, 2012, 12:51:41 am »
Nevermind found my error.....oh and thankyou ill check it out.. I wasadding the 101 piece one as the 50 piece one s saying 15 euros postage which is super cheap???
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

jakodai

« Reply #4391 on: August 09, 2012, 05:48:29 am »
Glad to help Frozzie - I get so much from this forum, it's nice to give back when I can.... :D

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #4392 on: August 09, 2012, 09:47:09 am »
You'll be pleased with the caddy J  ;)

I picked up

Australian version....this is the 1st issue, nice magazine featuring how to's .

The nordic ware cone pan...which I picked up for 1/2 the price on ebay  8)

.....and yesterday the pistachio coloured Reiss enamel baking dish and jug that I ordered, came into the store...but I could'nt leave the pink baking dish there all on it's own  :P

......so I brought it home too  :)
I love this stuff, it's hand made in Austria, and soooo pretty!.....shame it's expensive, but quality costs doesn't it.  I will be slowly building up the collection  ;)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 10:04:46 am by maddy »
.........EAT CAKE!

jakodai

« Reply #4393 on: August 09, 2012, 10:09:55 am »
That magazine looks good Maddy - I might have to have a look for it. The cover says 'Australia's Favourite', but this is the first issue? High expectations? :D

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #4394 on: August 09, 2012, 10:27:02 am »
LOL....I thought the same....full of themselves or what!  :P
.........EAT CAKE!