Author Topic: Möhreneintopf - Carrot Stew/Soup  (Read 5801 times)

Offline leesmac78

• View Profile
Möhreneintopf - Carrot Stew/Soup
« on: August 21, 2011, 02:40:04 pm »
The recipe is directly from the book Jeden Tag Genießen which is the book that comes with TM31 here in Germany.  I made it yesterday as an entree for last night's dinner and I thought it was so delicious so I translated it for you all.  I hope you enjoy it too!

Name of Recipe: Möhreneintopf (Carrot Stew/Soup)

Number of People: 4

Ingredients:

1/2 bunch fresh parsley
1 onion, halved
100g bacon
400g carrots, peeled and halved
200g potatoes, peeled and halved
500g water
1 chicken stock cube
1/4 tsp nutmeg

Preparation:
1. Place parsley in  *: , 5 secs, speed 8, then place to one side.
2. Place bacon and onion in  *: , 5 secs, speed 7, then cook for 3 min, Varoma, speed 2.
3. Add potatoes and carrots, 10 secs, speed 4.
4. Finally, add water, stock cube and nutmeg and cook for 17 mins, 100˚,  :-: speed 1.
5. When cooked, stir through parsley and serve.

Photos:

Next time, DH ate it too quickly!!!

Tips/Hints:

We do not cook with bacon or pork and I made this dish most successfully without the bacon and the flavor and texture were delicious.  Try it with though and let me know how you enjoyed it. We certainly did.

Members' comments

NikiG -

NikiG - I made this last night - I didn't have enough carrot so I swapped the carrot and potato amounts, omitted the bacon and used a beef flavoured veg stock cube instead, and it turned out pretty tasty - a lovely, quick soup. Thanks very much for sharing the recipe, Lee, I'll definitely be making it again!

Denzelmum  - Made vegetarian version, no bacon, using EDC stock.  We love it!  My 2yo DS asked for second...  Next time will add pastina.  Thanks Lee!

« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 12:43:17 pm by judydawn »

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
Re: Möhreneintopf - Carrot Stew/Soup
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 09:35:47 pm »
I thought this looked like a good recipe to try , but as I read it I was disappointed to see that there was bacon in it (I'm vegetarian), then I read your note at the bottom that you had made it without bacon, so it's back on my to do list.  I can use the Massell chicken stock cube which has no chicken in it, so it should be a 'safe' one for me to try.  Also good with the parsley in it as mine is just starting to go to seed so it gives me a chance to use some more up before I lose the patch.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2011, 11:01:01 pm »
Sounds good Lee.  I'm a bacon girl do will go the whole hog (no pun intended)  :D :D
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 05:57:56 am »
Thanks for taking the time to translate Lee.  I also love bacon so it's one I will try.

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 09:11:58 am »
your unbelievable Lee with all these recipes you are adding to the forum. I have printed this out to try as it sounds delicious. Thanks again for sharing.
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline Decadent Dot

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2011, 09:42:25 am »
I just happen to have some bacon left  over so I shall make this today. I hope smoked bacon is alright.
xDD
DD (short for Dot) Nottinghamshire, England
Educate a girl and you educate a family!

Offline NikiG

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2011, 02:28:46 am »
I thought this looked like a good recipe to try , but as I read it I was disappointed to see that there was bacon in it (I'm vegetarian), then I read your note at the bottom that you had made it without bacon, so it's back on my to do list.  I can use the Massell chicken stock cube which has no chicken in it, so it should be a 'safe' one for me to try.
Marina, it seems we are on the same wavelength, I had the same thought process!
NikiG
Central Coast, NSW

Offline NikiG

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2011, 08:36:36 pm »
I made this last night - I didn't have enough carrot so I swapped the carrot and potato amounts, omitted the bacon and used a beef flavoured veg stock cube instead, and it turned out pretty tasty - a lovely, quick soup. Thanks very much for sharing the recipe, Lee, I'll definitely be making it again!
NikiG
Central Coast, NSW

Offline Denzelmum

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2011, 07:56:38 am »
Made vegetarian version, no bacon, using EDC stock.  We love it!  My 2yo DS asked for second...  Next time will add pastina.  Thanks Lee!
Vegetarian family in Sydney

When you take time to prepare healthy food for family and friends, you are offering them a special gift.  Not only will they feel nourished by the nutrients in the food but also by your generosity in creating delicious treats for their enjoyment.