Author Topic: What's for Dinner Tonight?  (Read 5206294 times)

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
Re: What's for Dinner Tonight?
« Reply #14865 on: May 02, 2015, 01:09:54 pm »
DH made Beef Risotto :)
The Skinnymixers mac and cheese sounds similar to the Baby & Toddler one, I'll have to try it too-thanks Kimmy :)
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #14866 on: May 03, 2015, 03:26:43 am »
Slow roasted lamb with lemon potatoes, salad and tatziki. DS has a 3pm footy game so it can cook in the oven while we are gone.

Offline troupie

• View Profile
« Reply #14867 on: May 03, 2015, 07:39:37 am »
Not sure about tonight but last night made a pork casserole from a Good Taste book Nikkit was throwing out; it was a Margaret Fulton recipe and was very nice and will make again.

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #14868 on: May 03, 2015, 11:25:23 am »
Beef enchiladas.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14869 on: May 04, 2015, 08:54:50 am »
I had my main meal for lunch today but tonight I yearned for some comfort food Mum used to make.  'Mock Fish'  and Miss Piggy ate the lot :-))

Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14870 on: May 04, 2015, 09:58:53 am »
LOL Judy.They look delicious. :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #14871 on: May 04, 2015, 10:54:25 am »
I had my main meal for lunch today but tonight I yearned for some comfort food Mum used to make.  'Mock Fish'  and Miss Piggy ate the lot :-))

Judy, tell us about it please.
We had steak and kidney with reheated noodles  from frozen, Helenes Egg noodles,( good but a bit soft), silver beet from garden and a beetroot from Swap.

Offline troupie

• View Profile
« Reply #14872 on: May 04, 2015, 11:16:41 am »
Judy was that with grated potato; we used to have it as children and I also loved it.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14873 on: May 04, 2015, 11:45:54 am »
Yes, it's just potato grated on a box grater then an egg and S & P added. I find vegetable oil gives the crispiest result and I don't turn them until the bottoms are brown.  So simple but I love them.  Mum often used to make them for breakfast.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14874 on: May 04, 2015, 12:14:07 pm »
I've never had them Judy. They sound interesting. We had a casserole. Lots of left overs so we will take some with us for tomorrow night and leave the rest for DD.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Katj

• View Profile
« Reply #14875 on: May 04, 2015, 01:59:37 pm »
Yum Judy, they look delicious. I have never had them before, the combination of ingredients appeal to me.  It was cold in Perth today, I tried a new recipe. It was cooked on the stove and made heaps!
Mexican Chicken and Quinoa. It was from Rena Patten's book Cooking with Quinoa. Lovely for a cold night !

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #14876 on: May 04, 2015, 04:20:19 pm »
Funnily enough we used to have this too JD but it was  called Potato Whitebait (similar).  The re pie was in one of mums old cookbooks, maybe CWA, Golden Wattle or Esk Valley. I think the recipe is actually Potato Rosti and has Jewish origins.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14877 on: May 05, 2015, 12:15:52 am »
The original EDC had potato cakes which was supposed to be a version of this recipe but it was nowhere near the mark.  There was lots of discussion  regarding this recipe in the early days about it not being what us Aussies know and of course we all had different names for our version.  I see now in the last TM31 EDC that same recipe is called hash browns but to get the results above you really do need to grate the potato by hand and I never add all those other ingredients including a second egg.  I don't squeeze the potato out either if I'm cooking them straightaway.

When I make potato rosti CP I parcook the potatoes before grating them so just a small difference and they don't seem to be as crunch as the raw potato version.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #14878 on: May 05, 2015, 01:12:53 am »
I was ready somewhere recently that if you add a little semolina to the grated mix, it will be crisper.

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #14879 on: May 05, 2015, 05:21:48 am »
I made an early start for DH's dinner - making Tenina's Chicken HotPot from her website.  It tastes so good and I did one of her suggestions of after cooking it in the TM, pouring it into a baking dish and topping with mashed potatoes and a sprinkle of grated parmesan and grilling it until the top was crispy.
Will be his dinner tonight and tomorrow, plus a couple of work meals that I'll freeze.

Not the best of photos today as it's really overcast outside, not much natural light about, but you get the drift.   Will def be making this one again.  :D

For myself I made Alyce Alexandra's Moroccan beef salad from Super Healthy.  The photo turned out horrible so will get one the next time I make this.  :-\