Author Topic: What's for Dinner Tonight?  (Read 5205369 times)

Offline Halex

• View Profile
Re: What's for Dinner Tonight?
« Reply #7740 on: January 08, 2013, 07:28:47 am »
JD, Geoff did an amazing job with the rocking horses & from a wheelchair. I always wanted one, was going to get cp one but he showed no interest :(

Did he sell them?

:)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 07:33:22 am by Halex »
Mum to Crown Prince......

mcmich

« Reply #7741 on: January 08, 2013, 07:31:48 am »
Put all the photos away for now. Will look at them another time. Too many of late DH to bear with tonight.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7742 on: January 08, 2013, 07:34:08 am »
He got paid a small amount for 3 of the small ones but the others were all gifts to family members with the exception of 2 which he made for friends who had cancer.  He knew they both wanted one for their grand-children so he worked very long hours to get them made in time - he just made it and they were able to see the joy on their grand-children's faces before they passed away.

Michelle, looking at old photos brings back many sad memories and you have to be in the right frame of mind to look through them.   :-* :-*
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #7743 on: January 08, 2013, 07:43:19 am »
Pic of what is left of tonights dinner....went down well and was gone in a flash!  :D
Girls enjoyed it - strange kids took their time with the beef last night!!  :-))
:D

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #7744 on: January 08, 2013, 08:03:44 am »
Spaghetti (basghetti as the kids call it) Bolognese for us. An easy quick meal, but still tasty ;D
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #7745 on: January 08, 2013, 08:59:17 am »
Wow jd geoff made some amazing looking rocking horses.. How lovely making them for friends who were dying.. How very sweet of him.. They are the best gifts 😊
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #7746 on: January 08, 2013, 09:00:17 am »
Sundried tomato meatballs with creamy pesto

mcmich

« Reply #7747 on: January 08, 2013, 09:01:12 am »
Yum Frozie.  :D

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7748 on: January 08, 2013, 09:02:30 am »
I was very proud of his efforts Kim, I saw how much time and dedication he put into them and how he would be so tired at the end of a long day out in the shed with very little to show for it on many occasions.  

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #7749 on: January 08, 2013, 09:03:42 am »
I was very proud of his efforts Kim, I saw how much time and dedication he put into them and how he would be so tired at the end of a long day out in the shed with very little to show for it on many occasions.  
You should be proud jd they are lovely... We had a bought wooden rocking horse that was a gift tht the kids grew out of but nothing like geoffs ones.. How special and what a talented man 😊

We gave ours back to the givers daughter for his grandkids as our kids had grown out of it as it was small amd she is also a friend amd has a baby and her sisters have young babies so it will say in their famiy.

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #7750 on: January 08, 2013, 09:04:37 am »
They were ok mmich.. Ive added my review on the thread on here.. Would change a few things next time...

mcmich

« Reply #7751 on: January 08, 2013, 09:04:56 am »
I can only imagine JD. Craftmans - they are few and far between now.

Offline deedub

• View Profile
« Reply #7752 on: January 08, 2013, 09:05:58 am »
My dad did carpentry work after his stroke & also made rocking horses (nowhere near as good as Geoff's JD). He couldn't use his right side but luckily he was left handed. The workshop was run by the QEH, (queen Elizabeth hospital) and they donated what they made to charity mostly but I do still have the rocking horse he made years ago for my nephew who's now 15!
Had planned to have spaghetti bolognese for dinner but the inlaws gave us baked pasta dish for lunch so instead we had chops, lamb & feta burgers, chips & salad. Using up bits & pieces from the freezer.
Melbourne, inner north

mcmich

« Reply #7753 on: January 08, 2013, 09:09:51 am »
I can only imagine JD. Craftmans - they are few and far between now.
Wish I could meet Geoff. We would have a lot in common - that's the best part of my job - meeting people and we often become friends.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7754 on: January 08, 2013, 09:11:45 am »
Hang onto it deedub, they become family heirlooms and can always be restored down the track.  Geoff always put photos and bits and pieces inside his horses as he knows that one day they will fall to bits and it will be nice for the then owner to discover some sort of story behind the horse.  In the one for my girlfriend, I typed out a story about her and put photos of her and I when we were growing up together - we were friends for just over 50 years.

Geoff gets on well with his shower girls Michele, he thinks they are district nurses though ;)