Author Topic: What's for Dinner Tonight?  (Read 5205680 times)

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
Re: What's for Dinner Tonight?
« Reply #3345 on: June 08, 2012, 03:37:56 pm »
Cheating tonight, after meeting DS off train having sausage casserole out of freezer, Aga baked potatoes and veg. Had a freezer disaster after we moved house last autumn and had to turn loads of meat quickly into casseroles etc, this is one DH doesn't like but he is not back til later and DS does like it so that is useful.

Plus my new recipe made up today and posted in cakes Strawberry Streusel Muffins.... Let's hope they taste as good as they look. And custard made in  *: of course. Expect DH will have pudding when he gets home later.

Tomorrow will be good old mince and onions, cooked slowly and mashed potatoes as I am out most of the day.  I expect to chop onions and sweat in  *:.
Haven't done mash yet in  *: probably will do usual way as making a lot of mince to make cottage pies for freezer at same time and try out  *: for mash another time.

mcmich

« Reply #3346 on: June 08, 2012, 08:35:32 pm »
he does not have gnocchi on the menu. but i did make some a few weeks ago for a set menu  dinner function

I remember you posting that photo. Just a few kilos of gnocchi wasn't it?  ;D ;D ;D

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #3347 on: June 08, 2012, 08:47:08 pm »
 ;D
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #3348 on: June 09, 2012, 11:49:26 am »
Roast lamb and vegetables :D There were supposed to be leftovers, but there doesn't seem to be any... :-))

I was annoyed to find the second photo was a bit blurry. By the time I realised it was too late to take another :-\

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3349 on: June 09, 2012, 11:52:01 am »
You do a nice roast Amy. Maybe it's my eyes but the photo didn't look blurry to me  :-))
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #3350 on: June 09, 2012, 12:52:27 pm »
Yummo Amy!

Tonight we had my Spinach and Ricotta Cannelloni, all prepared in the TM. DH had second helpings!
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

• View Profile
« Reply #3351 on: June 09, 2012, 12:54:15 pm »
You do a nice roast Amy. Maybe it's my eyes but the photo didn't look blurry to me  :-))

Thank you very much Judy :-* My mum certainly thinks so too! :-)) ;D I find them very homely and comforting so I quite enjoy cooking them :)

Hm, maybe it is my eyes then? I swear my vision is getting worse... I should go to the optometrist again :-))

Offline Tasty

• View Profile
« Reply #3352 on: June 09, 2012, 01:25:02 pm »
We had the very yummy and simple lamb feta burgers tonight. Quite a regular meal for us now. So easy, hubby made it in the TMX.

• View Profile
« Reply #3353 on: June 09, 2012, 01:58:26 pm »
That looks great Tasty. Well done DH!!! :D

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #3354 on: June 09, 2012, 07:59:39 pm »
Been out all day.
Made mince this morning. Used *: for onions while browning meat. Slow cooked all day. Dh forgot to take pan out of slow oven at lunchtime!

Made Thermomixers cheat rice pudding (2/3 quantity) without the egg before I went out, added extra 10 mins cooking time as rice not soft. When got home whipped 1/4 pint left over cream folded in and put remaining strawbs on top. It was nothin special but a good pudding after a busy day.

I am finding more and more uses for  *: and for timesaving it is marvellous. Like another pair of hands in the kitchen, but I must get another bowl.

stacelee

« Reply #3355 on: June 09, 2012, 09:02:25 pm »
I'm very proud of my 16 nearly 17 year old son. I didnt make dinner last night as I had to go with my husband to a very boring suns vs st Kilda game.  My baby boy decided to make the tomato orange soup out of the calendar.  Apart from a few phone calls to find out where ingredients were, he did it alone.  This is a kid who is never interest in cooking.  I'm very impressed with him....and the soup is good too..and my kitchen was even left reasonably clean.

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #3356 on: June 09, 2012, 09:06:57 pm »
Good to hear, let's hope he enjoyed it and does more cooking.

mcmich

« Reply #3357 on: June 09, 2012, 10:26:13 pm »
The  roast and burger look very good.
DH is making shepherds pie for tonight's dinner. He is a very good cook but hasn't attempted to use the TMX yet.
Loves cooking with the slow cooker and pressure cooker though.

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #3358 on: June 09, 2012, 10:35:45 pm »
Looks great Tasty and that's great Stacelee your son might start cooking for you soon :)

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #3359 on: June 09, 2012, 10:56:06 pm »
Photos look great.
Sons cooking.... gotta love that.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url