Author Topic: Hi from Brisbane - Thinking about buying a thermomix  (Read 11007 times)

stacelee

Hi from Brisbane - Thinking about buying a thermomix
« on: June 16, 2009, 08:20:48 am »
Hi Guys,
I am seriously considering purchasing a thermomix.  I have had to do some research for someone who is interested in buying one and it has now made me think about getting one for myself.  I have been browsing the posts here and it looks like it would be a great asset for me as a working parent.  Can anyone recommend a consultant for me in Brisbane.  I am on the southside at Springwood and work at Rocklea.  I'm not sure how the whole demo thing works.  I don't have time to host a party of any sort.

Thanks for any advice
Stacey

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
Re: Hi from Brisbane - Thinking about buying a thermomix
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 08:30:15 am »
hi Stacey, you won't regret it that's for sure!

the demo takes about 2 or so hours, but you have dinner and dessert, and some snacky things provided, so you don't really need any extra time, just let the demonstrator give you the night off!
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 08:51:41 am »
Contact Perth on the 1800 004 838 number to find out who may be your nearest consultants and they may have other demos being hosted, some at their homes/venues.

Took me ages to find people who were willing to attend. 
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline JaneeZee

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, 11:19:58 am »
Hi Stacey

As a consultant my opinion is obviously biased!!!  You will never regret looking at one let alone buying one.  As Thermomixer suggested ring HO & get put onto a consultant.  Or get on the Australian website www.thermomix.com.au & there is an expression of interest form to complete.  There should be cooking classes in your state but the next ones coming up are in Mackay, Townsville & Cairns according to the website which won't help you much!!

Even though Thermomixer found it hard to get people you only need another 2-3 to come & just tell them it's fun & you get fed!! Who can resist????  It's not like Tupperware or Lingerie parties where you are expected to bring a whole load of people together. 

As you can tell some of us become a bit Thermo-fixated!!!!  Happy exploring.

Jane in Melbourne

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2009, 12:59:34 pm »
Hi and welcome to the site Stacey.  It is not hard to get a few people to come to a demo, just ask a couple of your friends and their husbands.  The 2 men at the demo I went to were just as interested as the 5 women and couldn't wait for the next sample of food to be cooked or blitzed.  The easiest way to get a Thermomix is to take your husband along as they seem to fall in love with it and then you don't have to go home and convince them that you need one. They will then usually help you in the kitchen once you get it delivered too, so that is a bonus. You want one so therefore the pressure is off your friends to buy one (hopefully though they will get hooked too) - just tell them they are invited to tea but you aren't doing the cooking :D
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2009, 01:27:09 pm »
yes definitely the men love it and can't wait to get one once they've seen it, whereas if they haven't seen it in action they'll wonder what on earth you could be spending nearly $2K on lol
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2009, 02:45:59 am »
I agree, I am so lucky that my hubby was told about TMX and said "I" needed to look into it more and buy one!! He loves it just as much as I do. If you can get your hubby and other hubby's to see it DO IT. I couldn't live without my TMX now.
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2009, 07:59:57 am »

Even though Thermomixer found it hard to get people you only need another 2-3 to come & just tell them it's fun & you get fed!! Who can resist????  It's not like Tupperware or Lingerie parties where you are expected to bring a whole load of people together. 

My friends were all worried that they would be hounded into buying a machine - none of them were at all.

Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2009, 08:41:07 am »
my friends were deperate to come to both of the parties i've held lol. i still have people saying to me 'when you hold another please let me know' !!! think i rave a bit much  ;D
My Cooking Blog

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2009, 08:33:58 am »
I still find it amazing that the males like TMX's so much. When we had our party we made it very clear to our guests that they were coming so that we could buy one and that they were to ignore all the sales hype. Since then one lot have bought one and one other lot are saving madly.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2009, 09:15:13 am »
my first party i had 4 or maybe 5 people there - 2 bought on the day, one saved for 12 months and bought and the others coveted but decided they wouldn't / couldn't.

i held the second party so a friend could buy which she did, a month or so later.
My Cooking Blog

Offline JaneeZee

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2009, 01:47:32 pm »
my first party i had 4 or maybe 5 people there - 2 bought on the day, one saved for 12 months and bought and the others coveted but decided they wouldn't / couldn't.

i held the second party so a friend could buy which she did, a month or so later.

Got any mates in south eastern Melbourne Brazen???? Need some more demos -going for 10 this month & had 2 pull out  :'(

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
    • Thermomix in North East Victoria
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2009, 01:58:41 pm »
Good luck with the Go Getters JaneeZee!! ;)
For a healthier lifestyle.
Thermomix addict and consultant.

http://thermomixinnortheastvictoria.blogspot.com/ - My Blog

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2009, 02:04:16 pm »
i could put something on my blog for you janee?  ;D
My Cooking Blog

Offline JaneeZee

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2009, 02:50:42 pm »
i could put something on my blog for you janee?  ;D

That's very generous of you brazen.......any help appreciated!! :)