Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6074988 times)

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #23745 on: April 06, 2020, 11:02:54 pm »
DS has a baby battery saw that he is using to cut up twigs off an old dead pine tree, this will be great for stating the fire . Plan in future a wood shead only ! The Ants Chookie , can say that has happened to me a long time ago ,not with the straw , same the kids packed up laughing .
Took DH down to the office for awhile to collect book work to do . DD had a business management prac sac , followed by a Vidio conference with teacher ! Today they may find out more about thier year 12 VCE .

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #23746 on: April 06, 2020, 11:32:09 pm »
Cooking I didn’t get done yesterday.  Swapping the Summer clothes over with the winter ones.  Might even manage to throw out some. 

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23747 on: April 07, 2020, 09:43:38 am »
I did the floors again and a tiny bit of ironing. I started my next week's menu plan.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #23748 on: April 07, 2020, 01:35:08 pm »
Did a shop today ! DH and I Did a paddock trip to see test trial for the seeder ! Apparently when I went to the shops DH tried to escape in his car !! Oh dear poor kids had to stop him . He is not happy to be stuck at home but we all tried to reassure him .

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #23749 on: April 07, 2020, 11:00:16 pm »
KAtie, very frustrating for DH.  Kids did well to keep him home.
My GD is also in year 12.  Tell your DD to keep working. They will act in the best interest for the students.  The Art component is extremely time consuming so in a way this is to their advantage. A further bonus I’d that Dan Andrew’s has  son in year 12. The Premier has his own ideas but in the end will be guided by the group of Principals.  I think the Unis will have a fair input also.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #23750 on: April 08, 2020, 11:09:35 pm »
Chookie thank you , I think it’s all an adjustment. DD is working hard , Art is consuming but she was missing going to DM beach so worked hard all arvo on her art which is related to the beach : Dan Teahen has a year 12 Daughter too ! University will have award time without internationals . Oh dear more action on the farm , spraying , seeding possibly, DH is itchy . Just need time to sort home mess and some phone calls .

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #23751 on: April 08, 2020, 11:30:48 pm »
K Atie, see ANU are offering places based on year 11 results, provided student complete year 12. I think we will see a lot of innovative offers from Tertiary institutions. 
Yesterday I spent a lot of time repackaging  food and freezing where possible. Freezers now full again.
Was offered a TMX 6 demo online.  Too busy to follow up.
Garden day today.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #23752 on: April 09, 2020, 02:12:17 am »
Just general housework here.  DS brought me 5 loaves of bread this morning :-)) :-)) :-)).  I have managed to squeeze it all into the freezer but need to be careful when I open the door.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23753 on: April 09, 2020, 05:56:09 am »
I hope it’s in good shape when it comes out Margaret.  Nice of DS to bring you a good supply.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #23754 on: April 09, 2020, 08:12:12 am »
Mab, nice surprise.  You won’t have to bake bread for a while. Get ready to catch when you open the door.
I had the Fruit and Veg delivery today. It is a bit of a lucky dip.  More potatoes and onions that I don’t want. Strawberries, Apples, bananas, Mandarins, sweet potatoes, Salad pack, pumpkin, cucumber. Grapes.  And 4 small Easter Eggs. Wilson’s started 3 weeks ago offering 15 booking places a day. Today they delivered 140 boxes.
In Ballarat there are 10 Coronavirus cases in the hospital.  There have been no new cases for the last 8 days.
Hope everyone behaves themselves.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23755 on: April 09, 2020, 12:26:00 pm »
I hope the hospital cases stay well away from you and Ral,Chookie.
I was permitted to sleep in until 8 this morning! I fooled around all morning, then had a sleep.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #23756 on: April 09, 2020, 03:23:07 pm »
Chookie my fruit and veg was ok , they mixed up my MIL one but I sorted it out .huge parsnips onions the size of oranges . No green bananas, but really nice veg ... one baby Easter egg in a box made me smile . Bonus large bag of Self Raising Flour and plain flour. DH thinks I’ve gone nuts . Well I have got no large containers to hold it so he is right.
Had an eventful day . DD had and English talk about how they are going to plan thier school time table , all online . Yes heard about ANU , will be interesting how this takes place , snapped up straight away no dought .
We all helped anoculate the lupins grain , took DH to paddock to observe the seeder ! Home rushed late lunch . Zoom meeting for our quilting group , nine of us joined . Worked well. Had to leave as yet again kids in distress, DH escape to drive himself to me our worker , DD was ment to drive him , that did not work out . Oh my I exsusted with all this , but I told kids stay home and I helped DH . Only fruit and veggie man coming ! They thought it was so funny bags of flour food that they new was for thier Granny in our boxes . All sitting at the front door waiting for me to sanitize when I got home . I had to clean out the fridge at 5.30 pm then wash everything. But to my great joy DS had spent the afternoon cleaning out DH car shead , both disappeared in the Ace , think this was to catch the sunset !! Laughter I could hear over the roar of the Ace , yes DD was driving , this is about the second time she has .
Kilos lost today I think . It never seems to stop , even DD had a meeting with her co boarding captain tonight . Happy Easter everyone, hope you all eat lots of hot cross bunnies 🐰❤️

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #23757 on: April 10, 2020, 12:09:21 am »
K Atie, I am grateful for the Wilson’s basic box. You can add 5 additional things in to your order.  It is a challenge when you order online, but this isn’t permanent than heavens.  I am normally a very fussy shopper so this is certainly a challenge. What is probably saving me with my cooking at the moment is that once a year I go to the Essential Ingredient and buy lots of exotic stuff. I do the same with the Italian grocer in Sydney Road.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23758 on: April 10, 2020, 08:18:57 am »
KAtie, one day your life will slow down and you will be lost. Do take care of yourself as well.

I did some washing, the floors and prepared a rye SD. We needed some biscuits, but then I remembered I had some home made muesli bars in the freezer.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #23759 on: April 10, 2020, 12:24:54 pm »
DH is a bit sore and tired as he , all of us went and checked seeder and set up the cure for lupins . Washing today , put a new doona on our bed too . Think we may be very warm .
I know it is Friday but am asking myself all the time what day is it . Tomorrow we will do something special, just have to work out what .