Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6073335 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #23685 on: March 19, 2020, 12:50:52 pm »
That’s good to hear K Atie, it will be nice to get back home.  You’ll be very busy again with the whole family home.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23686 on: March 19, 2020, 08:52:12 pm »
What will happen with GS Denise, will you be able to have him at home with you or is the van not big enough?  That was the first thing I thought of when I heard the news this morning.

SIL arrived from Melbourne today for a few days with his Mum so they invited me to join them out for dinner at the local which was nice.
Under the new legislation DD and SIL are classed as key workers so Louis will be able to attend his school. It all changes if DD or SIL catch the virus as they will all have to self isolate.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #23687 on: March 19, 2020, 09:25:26 pm »
CC, nice to hear that the children of these key people are being considered.  The reason that they are not closing the schools in Australia is that it will deprive the essential medical workforce of a 1/3 of their workers.
K Atie, glad everything is under control. Yes carrots are important.
Making second lot of jam.  Mab, I remember reading you had a problem setting your plum jam.  I did also.  I always reduce the sugar to 3/4  and I think this might be the problem.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23688 on: March 20, 2020, 11:00:09 am »
That’s good to hear Denise. 

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #23689 on: March 20, 2020, 11:17:20 am »
Home , well that was not to bad . DH found it hard but ok . I got up early and got us some lunch to have in the car from Phillipa’s , well a lady in there was so rude being served , she said customer service is so important right now ,all because she had not finished ordering but she asked for coffee and the guy was making it so she moved on to the next lady behind the counter! So I had to stand and wait . Everyone was in shock . How rude nearly said something to her and decided she would take me on .
We stopped at Wilson’s in Ballarat, DH got out and moved around num bum I think . Mad dash and yes I got some carrots . Now this was a first (DH needed a coffee) so I rang Lola and ordered them , drove around the corner and went to the side window , paid and two coffees ! DH had his yummy turkey roll too .
Kids packed up thier gear and I’ll get them in the morning, hopefully DH will be ok .
So distance learning Monday morning for the week . Then school holidays, well earned rest to both. The future is going to be so different . DD heard somewhere that possibly Year 12 will be repeated, how that will work or happen is a mystery. That cannot be incouaging .
But feeling lucky that we have space to walk around , chooks to gives us eggs .. they have to lay as my friend always gets some , DM always gets some when I see her . A veggie garden that needs a lot more attention but will help . Both those things do give me joy time outside too.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23690 on: March 20, 2020, 12:43:48 pm »
Repeating year 12 is frightening KAtie.  I’m sure they would never do that though.
Take care.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #23691 on: March 20, 2020, 09:06:57 pm »
Repeating year 12 is frightening KAtie.  I’m sure they would never do that though.
Take care.
Not so sure, Cookie.  We are in completely uncharted territory here.  It would also affect year 10 and 11 students who do VCE, ( or equivalent) and  mean a whole year not going on to Tertiary.

Chooks have got mites.  Probably from sparrows getting into  Chook house.  We will dust them today.
RAL has ordered Tahini biscuits.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #23692 on: March 22, 2020, 11:54:09 am »
Busy day.  Kids set up where they think they will work from ! DH spent day resting. So many jobs but only DS washing done .
Feels strange having us all together but so pleased we are .
Trying to get my MIL to realise how serious the C Virus is , hard work as my friends have said thier parents are not listerning either , we will get there .
Bonus DBIL made headway and organised Woolworths to deliver to her .. this will be interesting if it works .
Feels strange that everything is cancelled our quilting/sewing group and book club too, basically everything is on hold and when we come out of this it will be different. Hope everyone is ok and glad we have each other .

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23693 on: March 22, 2020, 12:00:27 pm »
Things will certainly change K Atie, we are all in the same boat but some will cope better than others.  I think we oldies will be fine (unless we go down with the virus of course).   Take care everyone.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23694 on: March 22, 2020, 12:29:36 pm »
True words KAtie.  DD keeps checking our temperature.  She is expecting that work may call her back in, I’m not sure if they would or not.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #23695 on: March 22, 2020, 09:23:23 pm »
Think many people still don’t realise how serious this is.  Must isolate to survive. There is lots of kindness out there.  We have had lots of messages asking if we are ok and do we need anything. 
Chooks didn’t like having their bums dusted and only laid one egg yesterday.  Will let them help me in the veggie garden today. They will like that. 
Confined to home, lots of jobs are getting done. 

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #23696 on: March 22, 2020, 09:45:55 pm »
Poor chooks, they are obviously sulking!

Good that you are keeping busy, Chookie.

Not sure what the situation is as regards our shop - one day we are OK to open, then we have to close, then we are OK to open again ... Total confusion and lack of any official, accurate or clear guidance
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23697 on: March 23, 2020, 05:58:19 am »
I hope they decide one way or another Marina, would you go home for a while if you have to close  completely?

Egg laying chickens are selling well here, nurseries have very little in the way of veggie seedlings or even seeds for that matter - people are waking up to wanting to be more self sufficient.

You’d go on strike too Chookie if you had to have your bum dusted LOL.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23698 on: March 23, 2020, 07:02:51 am »
I had a laugh about the chooks getting dusted.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #23699 on: March 23, 2020, 10:45:24 pm »
Judy, I am not sure whether we would go home or not, I guess a lot will depend upon how long we are forced to close for.  DH has heaps of work to keep him going in the workshop and I can potter around here for a while as well, but there is also a lot we could do at home, we are just biding our time at the moment.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.