Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6131843 times)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #14130 on: April 30, 2014, 06:25:26 am »
I notice there are 3 rows of barbed wire in the fence. Interesting.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline djinni373

• View Profile
« Reply #14131 on: April 30, 2014, 06:52:05 am »
I notice there are 3 rows of barbed wire in the fence. Interesting.
That is how all our fences were cookie. Cows are weird. If they got their head between fence wire strands then they just kept pushing and some of the beef cattle in CQ were capable of pushing an old fence down. The barbed wire was a deterrent that seemed to work.

Today I have been for a routine mammogram. My GP says there's a lot of breast cancers out there (and not just in older women) although survival rates are much better. So make those regular checks happen girls.
“Age isn’t a number, it’s an attitude.“

mcmich

« Reply #14132 on: April 30, 2014, 07:01:39 am »
Today I have been for a routine mammogram. My GP says there's a lot of breast cancers out there (and not just in older women) although survival rates are much better. So make those regular checks happen girls.

Very wise djinni - get yourselves a bosom buddy and go together.
It's free for over 50's and you are on a register then and they will send you a reminder every 2yrs and have previous film available to compare.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14133 on: April 30, 2014, 07:06:53 am »

Very wise djinni - get yourselves a bosom buddy and go together.
It's free for over 50's and you are on a register then and they will send you a reminder every 2yrs and have previous film available to compare.

Yes indeed and if you have had breast cancer you should be having a mammogram every year.

And you PAP smears ! ;D ;D

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

mcmich

« Reply #14134 on: April 30, 2014, 07:18:17 am »

Yes indeed and if you have had breast cancer you should be having a mammogram every year.

And you PAP smears ! ;D ;D

Gert

You can't emphasise the PAP smears enough. I suppose I see more than usual working on a gynae ward but have looked after many women under 40yrs of age that have had tragic outcomes from cancer of the cervix.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 07:30:50 am by mcmich »

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #14135 on: April 30, 2014, 07:22:21 am »
going to to bake :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #14136 on: April 30, 2014, 07:25:46 am »
ummmm, how often are you meant to have the terrible things glorious pap smears?  :-\
i have had one....at my 6wk check after miss7 was born......
:D

*suzanne*

Re: Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #14137 on: April 30, 2014, 07:31:54 am »
Pretty sure it's every two years astarra,  I'm yearly after an abnormal smear a few years ago.
When should you start having mammograms?

mcmich

« Reply #14138 on: April 30, 2014, 07:33:40 am »
Every 2yrs astarra. Probably over due for one.
Next doctors appointment, get she/he to organise - if you go to a large multi doctor rooms then a registered nurse, trained for the procedure would attend to it.

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #14139 on: April 30, 2014, 07:35:17 am »
oops... :-[
don't know re: mammograms either Suzanne... :P
:D

mcmich

« Reply #14140 on: April 30, 2014, 07:35:41 am »
Pretty sure it's every two years astarra,  I'm yearly after an abnormal smear a few years ago.
When should you start having mammograms?

Over 50 Suzanne if you have no family history. Mammograms aren't particularly useful in young breasts.

*suzanne*

« Reply #14141 on: April 30, 2014, 07:39:45 am »
Thanks Michele I'm only 41 but did have a dodgy lump taken out when I was 23 I do regular self exams anyway
oh astarra not fussed anymore about pap smears after years of IVF I was used to procedures down south :D

mcmich

« Reply #14142 on: April 30, 2014, 07:43:54 am »
Thanks Michele I'm only 41 but did have a dodgy lump taken out when I was 23 I do regular self exams anyway
oh astarra not fussed anymore about pap smears after years of IVF I was used to procedures down south :D

Astarra you peeled 10kg of spuds today - a PAP smear will be a walk in the park.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14143 on: April 30, 2014, 07:55:02 am »
Pap smears are ever two years and once in the system they will send you a notice.  My daughter started having free mammograms at age 40  as I have had breast cancer.  Again once you are in the system they will send you a reminder ever two years.

Good to know that PAP smears are no longer 'required' after age 70 but if you are keen on them they will accommodate you, no worries ;D

I have had my last ;)

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline djinni373

• View Profile
« Reply #14144 on: April 30, 2014, 07:56:59 am »
Pap smear was last week  :)

Astarra you peeled 10kg of spuds today - a PAP smear will be a walk in the park.

Very true mcmich  :D :D :D
“Age isn’t a number, it’s an attitude.“