Thermomix Recipes for TM5 and TM31 > Jams and Chutneys

Easy Fig Jam

(1/8) > >>

djinni373:
Easy Fig Jam

Since I discovered figs, I have made quite a few fig jams looking for one I liked. Well I don’t just like this one I love it! And it’s easy.
I halved the original recipe and got one largish jar of beautiful jam with soft fig pieces through it. I think this is what I did (forgot to make notes - still getting used to cooking with my iPad ;D)

Ingredients
500g ripe figs
250g rapadura (changed from 450g)

1 small vanilla bean, split
half a cinnamon quill

Pared rind (all in one piece if you can) and juice of 1 small lemon

Method
Place all ingredients in a glass bowl, cover and stand overnight at room temperature.
Next day put in tmx and bring to the boil. 4 min/varoma/speed 1/reverse MC off.
Scrape down sides and cook for about 40 min/80 degrees/speed 1/reverse MC off.
Take out the vanilla bean, cinnamon quill and lemon rind and seal in sterilised jars.

Notes

* This jam is thinnish so if you like it thicker you may need to cook longer.
* Since I needed just one jar I sterilized it in the microwave: Half fill clean jar with water, zap on high for 2 mins, rest the lid on top and let sit for a few minutes. Remove hot jar and lid (I use silicon gloves to avoid burns) empty, then fill with jam.
Original recipe is from Taste

cookie1:
I love fig jam. When I saw the title of this post I wondered how your fig tree could be producing so quickly. I saw figs this morning for $6.99 kilo. Now I wish I had bought some.  :'(

Wonder:
Sounds great, I love figs but have never had fig jam.

Cornish Cream:

--- Quote from: Wonder on January 28, 2014, 07:57:20 am ---Sounds great, I love figs but have never had fig jam.

--- End quote ---
Me too Wonder.I might just have to try this. ;D

judydawn:
I hated it as a kid but I'm sure I would like it now that my taste has finally matured  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version