Author Topic: Anything goes for Uni  (Read 7860326 times)

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
Re: Anything goes for Uni
« Reply #39510 on: December 18, 2020, 07:51:51 pm »
Chookie, so sorry to hear of Ral's accident.  Not nice at any time but in the days leading up to Christmas would be extra hard.  You'd just had a great few days away and sounded so happy.  I hope he improves quickly and gets back home to your wonderful cooking.

Julie, that is amazing. Are they sharks?

They are dolphins Chookie, we have quite a few that live in our waters and visit every day.  :)

Nice to see you posting DJ.  Enjoy your Christmas and please stay safe  :)

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #39511 on: December 18, 2020, 08:02:48 pm »
Our daughter has gone back home after spending a couple of days with us.  She is working all over Christmas so we caught up in the lead up.  It was her birthday on Monday and our Anniv this coming Monday,  so her, DH and I went out for lunch on Thursday in celebration which was lovely.  She even managed to catch up with her friends for breakfast at the Wetlands yesterday before heading back home.

Our son and his girlfriend are coming down from Adelaide a couple of days after Christmas to stay for a few days so we have that to look forward to too.

DH and I will be having a quiet Christmas Day, thankfully he is off this year.  :D

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #39512 on: December 19, 2020, 01:38:45 am »
Hello, Just thought I would pop in, and say Merry Christmas to you all.
 ;D *:
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #39513 on: December 19, 2020, 03:02:44 am »
Chookie so sorry to hear that Ral is in hospital take care of yourself and send my best wishes . JulieO nice for you to catch up with your family .
Obbie we miss you , so nice to pop in hope you are well .
Colder weather so harvester is stopped ,DH is still doing a zillion things .

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39514 on: December 19, 2020, 07:39:57 am »
Oh gosh Chookie. 😩😩😩 I’m so pleased that Ral is ok. I had noticed you hadn’t posted so I have to admit to checking to see when you were on last. What a worry for you both. I had a dear friend who used to fall every time she had a UTI. They are a jolly nuisance when you are over 21. Love to both of you and take care.

Hi Robyn. I hope all is well with you. Merry Christmas.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #39515 on: December 19, 2020, 08:58:00 am »
Chookie I am so sorry to hear that Ral is in hospital.  A very worrying time for you both.  Sending you hugs and good wishes.

Obbie, so nice to hear from you.  Wishing you a Merry Christmas.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39516 on: December 19, 2020, 10:16:55 am »
Hopefully they will have Ral up and about and homeward bound in time for Christmas Chookie. Then again they might want to keep him just to liven up their working hours, I’m sure he is an excellent patient.  I hope you passed my big kiss onto him.

A lovely catch up with your family pre-Christmas Julie, I’m so glad your DH is not rostered on for Christmas Day. 

Nice to see DJ and Obbie checking in after their long absence, it’s always nice to see familiar names posting again.

I’ve been reading everything but haven’t felt like ‘speaking’, probably because nothing much is changing around here.  I have found some energy in the past couple of days so the house and garden is looking good.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39517 on: December 20, 2020, 09:23:18 pm »
Wishing Ral a speedy recovery Chookie.

Not good news here. London and the South East of England which includes our County has been placed into a new Tier 4. We are in a full lockdown and Christmas has been canceled for us all. We won’t be able to see our DD and GS. It looks as though we will be in this situation until Spring which at the moment seems a long way away. COVID-19 has mutated and this new strain is even more transmissible. DH and I are trying to stay positive.

Stay safe everyone.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39518 on: December 20, 2020, 09:43:36 pm »
That’s terrible for you all Denise, there’s seems no end to it all with all these new waves happening. Australia is in turmoil now as well with a Sydney outbreak and all other states reacting as expected to protect their residents. So far our Christmas here in Adelaide is on track.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #39519 on: December 20, 2020, 09:53:04 pm »
Thank you all for your good wishes for Ral.  He is slowly improving and hopes to be out for Xmas.
I can’t see it being a normal Xmas for anyone.  CC we know you will miss family.  It is awful. The long lockdown that we went through in Victoria was hard for those in the city. Less so for us in the country. Keep safe.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #39520 on: December 21, 2020, 12:18:16 am »
Good to hear Ral is hoping to be home by the end of the week.  We think of you both often and were saddened to hear of his fall.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39521 on: December 21, 2020, 02:35:20 am »
Denise that isn't the best news at all. In fact it is very sad. We have been hearing about the new version of Covid and how contagious it is. I sometimes wonder how it will all end up. We are so very lucky here in WA that we had a 6 week lock down, which wasn't too severe and so far that has been it. Our Premier closes the borders to states that have outbreaks. It must be very hard on people that have families scattered around the country.

Love to Ral and I do hope he is out of hospital for Christmas.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #39522 on: December 21, 2020, 09:16:04 pm »
I just typed a long message and it disappeared.  Help. Haven’t got time to do it again.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39523 on: December 21, 2020, 09:38:44 pm »
Chookie that is a bummer when that happens. Just forgetaboutit and move on.  Hope Ral is home by Friday.

Judy I hope you get your mojo back soon as your health improves. No need to rush it.

CC it is terrible what is happening in England. When will they get it that isolation is just about the only answer to spreading it.

My best friend of 50 years was at the Avalon Bowlo where she did catch the virus and is now in self quarantine. She is not well but the department of health are checking on her. She has spent many hours talking to contact tracers and others. She lives in a retirement village which is now in TOTAL lockdown with security guards roaming about. Many of the residents are royally pissed off they cannot get out. I do not have a lot of sympathy. No one wants anyone to get ill. This virus is absolutely brutal. My friend now also has to bear the guilt of unknowingly exposing others and the fear of having ongoing problems. Stay home and stay safe.

GERT
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39524 on: December 21, 2020, 10:43:20 pm »
Thank you Gert, it will be a long 18 month recovery I’m told so I will have to be patient and just take advantage of those moments where I do have that little bit of extra energy.  At the gym I used to be known as the ‘pocket rocket’, I’m now just a distant relative of that person LOL.

It really hits home when you know someone who has come down with the virus and I sympathise completely with her situation.  I wish her well with the outcome and hope she is not victimised by the other residents, it can happen to anyone being in the wrong place at the wrong time when we think it is safe to be out and about.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2020, 07:52:13 am by judydawn »