Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4522950 times)

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #14685 on: March 06, 2016, 01:50:34 am »
What a great thing cookie, would be very handy.  I see that some Spotlight stores sell them, I will have a look next time I'm out that way.  Please let us know if they work as good as they show in the videos.  :D

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14686 on: March 06, 2016, 02:27:07 am »
It worked well for me JulieO. They said to put it in from the right, but I found it easier to do from the left. But then I am a Molly Dooker.  :o :o
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline thermilover

• View Profile
« Reply #14687 on: March 06, 2016, 09:38:30 am »
Cookie, that seems really handy, I have so many open bags all the time which I place in Ziplock bags but this idea is good, less usage of plastic as well...

Offline spersephone

• View Profile
« Reply #14688 on: March 06, 2016, 11:27:26 am »
I bought a cheap resealer a while back but it died quickly. I just have lots of Tupperware now (but never enough, nor the space to keep them).

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #14689 on: March 06, 2016, 08:35:43 pm »
3 toilet brushes for new house. Very exciting.
Need a new TV but have been told to wait until April as new models are coming out with improved colour.

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #14690 on: March 06, 2016, 11:11:55 pm »
Thanks Cookie, will check them out if I can find them here.  :)

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #14691 on: March 07, 2016, 12:22:45 am »
Thanks Cookie, will check them out if I can find them here.  :)
A TV tragic who works with DS passed on the info.  I will post all that technical stuff when time comes.

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #14692 on: March 15, 2016, 09:30:16 am »
Been doing a huge amount of shopping, something I am not used to doing - buying sheets from Hilden, the hotel suppliers, and towel and kettles, pillows and duvets from Out of Eden, another guest house supplier, mirrors from The Range, all for the B and B now opening in May. Have washed all the towels, reorganised 2 linen cupboards, made up the rooms for photos.
Still to get linen/towels for 3rd B & B room but cash flow has limited this until I have some income.
Am all shopped out now!

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #14693 on: March 15, 2016, 10:13:42 pm »
Busy girl DJ.  I'm sure it will all be worth it when it all starts.  :D

Cookie, I bought a pack of the Anylocks from Spotlight, they work great.

I use a vacuum sealer for things that will be stored for longer and use containers for bigger stuff but have been putting other things inside ziplock bags.  Using the Anylock eliminates that so will save money in the long run.

I like how they come in a nice selection of sizes so will be buying another pack next time I'm out that way if there's any left.  The shop assistant was very interested in them when she was putting through the sale and you know how things go on here, a lot of us buy something when someone else has pointed it out.  ;D

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #14694 on: March 15, 2016, 10:16:06 pm »
DJ, you must be 'shopped out' by now.  Looking forward to seeing the photos when they are done.  Good luck with your summer B&B bookings.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline spersephone

• View Profile
« Reply #14696 on: March 16, 2016, 09:55:08 am »
I did go to Dick Smith today and bought my husband a FitBit Zip. I have a Surge, and I also have a Flex that my daughter sometimes uses. I'm competitive and in a group with some people from an online course I'm doing through UTAS. I'm studying about Health and Nutrition and Technology and Fitness. My husband and I have discussed this many times, and I got him one today and hope to encourage him to start walking more - to try to reach 10,000 steps. Right now, I'd suspect he'd barely make 5,000 most days. He moans about it but doesn't do anything to change it, so I thought I'd see how this goes. He doesn't have to make any effort, just clip it on.

Anyway, they had a 20% off sale, so I got it for about $68. Their prices were inflated already, so it's not a huge saving, but I'm happy enough.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14697 on: March 16, 2016, 11:17:13 am »
I enjoy checking my steps on my fitbit Sarah. I used to get around the 10,000. But since my back my operation my aim is 7000 which I get most days.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #14698 on: March 16, 2016, 09:07:27 pm »
My doctors likes me wearing mine Sarah, I try for 10 000 steps a day. 
wearing it defiantly helps me move more.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #14699 on: March 21, 2016, 08:28:54 pm »
Love my fit bit.  Reminds me to walk more , but have trouble getting to 10,000 steps.
Bought new TV, 65 inch, Samsung, $3200 on special through eBay. DS organised it all. Worth about $5000.
Also bought a hot plate for electric grill. Frightfully expensive but think it will get a lot of use. Especially when making SD crumpets. Miele. Very good service, ordered on Friday, they couriered it from Melbourne at no extra cost, to local Harvey Norman store.