Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4522370 times)

Offline obbie

• View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #9855 on: August 28, 2013, 01:03:19 am »
I swapped to IGA for my weekly shopping. and WW online every 6 weeks. :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9856 on: August 28, 2013, 01:30:20 am »
We've been told recently that we have a lot of Aldi stores opening in SA over the next couple of years - hopefully they will go over to the West eventually as well.  This will keep the big 2 honest. 
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #9857 on: August 28, 2013, 01:38:58 am »
I went to Costco on Saturday and they have started with their Christmas decorations.

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #9858 on: August 28, 2013, 01:48:45 am »
I don't love my Nuwave 5 in 1  cooker :-\  especially after burning my hand twice releasing the steam valve  >:(

I still want an electric pressure cooker, so after seeing the Tefal cook4me demonstrated a couple of times....I decided to give this one a go

It has an automatic steam release valve, programmed recipes for 2/4/6 people with a manual option, and I like the program feature that automatically cooks the type/amount of meat and other ingredients.
Dinner already planned tonight, so will have a play tomorrow  ;)

Also picked up some crystal numbers for next weeks cake, and number cutters for fondant (spotlight have 25% of decorating stuff)

P.S....will I be banished for admitting I have been looking at Xmas decorations online already???   :P
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9859 on: August 28, 2013, 02:06:14 am »
No maddy, we know you change your theme every year so you have to think ahead on that one  ;D  I don't want to know about it yet, it's far too early for me.  I have wondered if I would be joining the residents of Morpeth for my Christmas lunch though  ;)

Offline Nikkit

• View Profile
« Reply #9860 on: August 28, 2013, 02:15:57 am »
No Maddy - its ok to look online :D
I was just peeved that fruit mince pies were out that's all. Hate to think what the use by date is on them... I'll be making my own and enjoying them at the time that we should be enjoying them!
Looks like I'll be heading for an IGA as well.

Off my soap box now!  ;D

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
« Reply #9861 on: August 28, 2013, 02:21:08 am »
Madly, your pressure cooker looks awesome. Wish it had been available when I bought mine...which is a bit of a hit and miss affair.

BTW, to owners of Dyson Animal, have you had any problems with the battery cutting out suddenly? According to the product reviews this seems  to be a problem; plan to go to Good Guys this afternoon to check it out.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9862 on: August 28, 2013, 02:41:41 am »
I honestly don't know why people buy fruit mince pies, they are horrible things unless you make your own I find.  No-one I knows likes them and it's so hard to give them away if I receive them in a gift basket. 

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #9863 on: August 28, 2013, 02:49:37 am »
Maddy the Tefal one looks good.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

[/url

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #9864 on: August 28, 2013, 03:20:26 am »
Maddy that Tefal one looks great. On the rare occassion I use the 5 in 1 for pressure cooking i use the handle of a wooden spoon to move the valve so I'm nowhere near it! With my stove top ones I place them under cold water and it releases the pressure.

I'll have to go to spotlight and see what they have that I might need for DD's cake and cupcakes. I haven't been to spotlight for ages and don't remember ours having much in the way of cake decorating equipment.

Offline Nikkit

• View Profile
« Reply #9865 on: August 28, 2013, 06:00:10 am »
I agree Judy. And I have been given "home made" ones - made with that horrible fruit mince in a jar that leaves an awful fatty lardy coating in your mouth. Very very hard to show enthusiasm when someone gives me those!
My chooks have always liked them, but then they do eat the oddest things!

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #9866 on: August 28, 2013, 06:10:16 am »
our chooks eat anything

[/url

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #9867 on: August 28, 2013, 09:49:37 am »
Courton I have had no problem with my animal dyson and I use it at least once or twice a week

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
« Reply #9868 on: August 28, 2013, 11:01:00 am »
Good to know Yvette since I bought it this afternoon...I did take replacement cover with Hardly Normal - just in case!

Unexpectedly, the car veered me towards POK and I ended buying cake pans and multi functional micro plane.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9869 on: August 28, 2013, 11:11:29 am »
Good to know Yvette since I bought it this afternoon...I did take replacement cover with Hardly Normal - just in case!

Unexpectedly, the car veered me towards POK and I ended buying cake pans and multi functional micro plane.

Did you notice the huge magnet on the front of POK?

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.