Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4522789 times)

Offline Halex

• View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #8700 on: May 26, 2013, 12:15:52 am »
Love VW

Yvette, Be interested to see what you think of your new toy :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #8701 on: May 26, 2013, 03:33:02 am »
I will let you know Hally can't wait to use it tonight

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8702 on: May 27, 2013, 02:30:09 am »
Not particularly impressed with Williams Sonoma at Bondi at the moment.  May 8 I at last received a confirmation that my order had been received - website indicated items all ready for shipping - and not a word since - not even a response to an email I sent them several days ago . . .   Good old PoK sends out their orders almost before you can turn around!!

. . . well . . meanwhile. .  back at the ranch . . sent a further email several days ago and still no response.  Went to their Aus website and finally found a phone number (go right to the bottom of the page and click on "store locations" to find this out :-)) )

Spoke to a young gentleman who took details and indicated he would call me back as it would take time to look everything up.  No return phone call, but when I (much later) checked my email there was a  note from the international ??? customer service section saying they had received a request from this young man regarding the status of my order.  They now, in turn,  have sent a request for an update of the order's shipping status - but , they say, it may take up to a week for them to receive a response!! (My head is spinning!!!)  Once they get this, they will send me an update.

Don't want an update . . .  just want to receive what I ordered! In my books this,  as Daffy Duck (and many others!) have declared, "ain't no way to run a railroad!"

Rapidly losing interest in this place -  >:( >:( >:(

On the 26th received a charming and very apologetic email from the US.  It seems communication somehow fell between the cracks, but now it appears the items I ordered are on back order until June 20  :-)) ???.  Ok, says I, as long as I know what's going on, I'll just wait it out.  What I don't understand, though, is why there's a toll free number to phone California if there's a problem - shouldn't there be a Sydney number to handle all this?)

Move ahead to this morning (May 27)  when I receive another email stating my order has been" fulfilled" . .  I think they must have found 3 little jalapeno corers lurking in the back of some cupboard somewhere . . ;D ;D ;D

All this over three little corers . .  but I really did want them!! (one for me and two for friends) :-))
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 02:35:43 am by goldfish »

mcmich

« Reply #8703 on: May 27, 2013, 02:49:14 am »
Well I'm glad that they sorted it out for you GF.
I haven't bothered following up on the items I ordered on the 5th May. I can live without them.

Offline goldfish

• View Profile
« Reply #8704 on: May 27, 2013, 03:29:47 am »
Thanks Mich - a totally first world  trivial problem I guess . . it's just when someone offers a product that you'd like and have been looking for - offers it under certain conditions and then it all goes pear shaped . . . .  :-)) :-)) ??? ??? ;D ;D

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #8705 on: May 27, 2013, 04:29:01 am »
Glad everything is sorted GF

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #8706 on: May 27, 2013, 04:50:07 am »
my 3 landcruisers
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #8707 on: May 27, 2013, 04:53:31 am »
my new 4x4 ford ranger picked up Friday
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

[/url

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #8708 on: May 27, 2013, 04:57:50 am »
They look great Robyn but I'm glad I'm not paying for that many cars!

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #8709 on: May 27, 2013, 05:16:37 am »
We're down to "only" 4 vehicles now, and only 3 of those live here (one's a worker's van that he takes home).  Sometimes selling stuff is nearly as much fun as buying...well, no, who am I kidding?  But it's nice to have more space in the driveway again!

I received an email from somewhere I've bought before about "things that might interest me" and saw a 3 tier cooling rack which I liked the look of, so clicked through only to find on the website that it's "currently unavailable"!!  :-)) Why are they emailing me about it then?! 
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #8710 on: May 27, 2013, 05:32:37 am »
Cool Robyn  :)

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #8711 on: May 27, 2013, 06:06:16 am »
9 cars now, hopefully down to 7 in a couple of weeks. when we sell 2 landcruisers.

[/url

Offline goldfish

• View Profile
« Reply #8712 on: May 28, 2013, 07:13:45 am »
Well, there's just been a knock at the door and lo and behold the jalapeno corers have arrived from Williams Sonoma - no idea whether they came from the US (they must have been faster than any jet!) or from Bondi - so much for the advice that the items were on backorder to June 20 . . .Anyway, just glad they're here and I can complete some birthday gifts . . . ;D
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 07:15:51 am by goldfish »

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #8713 on: May 28, 2013, 07:32:57 am »
Yay glad you have everything GF  :)

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8714 on: May 28, 2013, 09:01:52 am »
Thats good news GF :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.