Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4522545 times)

Offline Halex

• View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #6405 on: December 16, 2012, 08:47:59 pm »
Love mine too :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6406 on: December 16, 2012, 08:56:26 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D   well - there you go . . . . looks like just you and me Cookie . . . ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #6407 on: December 16, 2012, 09:47:40 pm »
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D   well - there you go . . . . looks like just you and me Cookie . . . ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Nope, me three.  I am a gadget fiend but that's where I draw the line (for now anyway).
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #6408 on: December 16, 2012, 10:11:14 pm »
I was a little scared at first but you soon get over that once you read a little and look at the safety features of the new ones, we wouldn't be without ours now. Last weekend we did a boned leg of lamb which had been marinated in a greek marinade for 30 mins and then put on the bbq to brown up before slicing and the meat was melt in your mouth tender, we had a crowd over and it was all gone in about 5 mins. I'm going to do 3 legs like this for a big family gathering on boxing day.

For those interested in the waffle iron, I had a go with it yesterday. I didn't like the look of the recipe which came with it so mixed up a few recipes which may have been my downfall, I found the mixture tasted fantastic but didn't go crisp. I won't have much time to experiment but think next time I will stick to the recipe on the box and see how I go. They were relatively easy to cook and curl although I couldn't get the ends to join with no little hole.

Offline Nikkit

• View Profile
« Reply #6409 on: December 16, 2012, 10:28:53 pm »
I'm scared of pc's too.

My Mum had one when I was a kid and I swear that thing was possessed :o  . Mum would throw all this good food into it and put it on the gas stove and not long after it would start hissing and steam would be shooting from it. It made horrible noises and when I got too close the steam thingy would point my way and hiss more.

Funnily enough - all the food that came out of it was pretty darned good, but I have no urgent need to go buy one.  :)

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #6410 on: December 16, 2012, 10:33:48 pm »
I'm not bothered about getting a PC. At the moment we don't have the space or money :-))

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
« Reply #6411 on: December 16, 2012, 10:36:19 pm »
I love my PC, but it doesn't get used as much in the summer as in the winter. I have a new BBQ, so I am using that ( as well as thermie) ;D
"A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious." Anonymous

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #6412 on: December 16, 2012, 10:43:11 pm »
DH told me I can get a 5-in-1 .... but I haven't (yet). Admit to being scared of PCs too.  :-[  And I use my slowcooker so often, had it for 4yrs and it only cost me $30 so it really owes me nothing but I'd almost feel bad replacing it while it still is going strong! It is a good old faithful machine!!  :D  Can you tell I love my Slow Cooker??!  :-*
:D

Offline Mama Fergie

• View Profile
« Reply #6413 on: December 16, 2012, 10:51:38 pm »
I used my new PC for the first time last night.
It was great   :D

Love my slow cooker too  :D

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #6414 on: December 16, 2012, 10:52:55 pm »
Oh yes, love my slow cooker ;D
I make the most delicious slow-cooked bread and butter pudding :-))

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #6415 on: December 16, 2012, 10:53:25 pm »
MF, what did you make in your pc?

:)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline Mama Fergie

• View Profile
« Reply #6416 on: December 16, 2012, 11:24:25 pm »
Just used what I had which was thick round lamb chops, onions, garlic, mushrooms, tinned tomatoes, stock, white wine and red and green capsicum. Had it with polenta with Parmesan. It was yum and so quick.
Lots of flavour which was great as slow cooker always gives that depth of flavour and wasn't sure if PC would.
Was a bit scared as haven't used a pressure cooker since a stove top in the early eighties.  :D
You ladies inspired me to get one  :D

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #6417 on: December 16, 2012, 11:45:10 pm »
I love my slow cooker, But I love the PC too.

and my thermie and my other machine ;D ;D
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #6418 on: December 16, 2012, 11:57:43 pm »
A PC will always have its place in my kitchen.

Received alyce's low carb book over the weekend. Looks great, and I'm hoping this will be the year that the skinny me comes back. Also got the oz harvest book last week. Hoping my kindle paperlite arrives tomorrow. I love ordering online, its like getting presents.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #6419 on: December 17, 2012, 12:44:25 am »
CP let me know what you think of the low carb book, I am interested in it too.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url