Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4521978 times)

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #2400 on: April 13, 2012, 08:45:32 pm »
CP that is truly terrible. I have heard of that scam here in Cairns where hotels have been out of pocket for similar reasons. You cannot be too careful. It is a shame that we cannot trust people these days. I have noticed. Also that some on line sellers are not taking credit cards these days and you have to make direct deposits into bank accounts if you do not want to use Paypal which I definitely  do not.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #2401 on: April 13, 2012, 09:24:30 pm »
CP, so sorry to hear that you were scammed like that.  When I started reading your post I honestly thought you were joking as I always saw you as being a very savvy sort of person and aware of what is going on, but, with a story like that, I can see how it would be so easy to want to do the "right thing" then being caught out.

We all know that it is not correct to refund to another bank account, but we simply feel so sorry for the situation the 'client' is in that we will go out of our way to help and end up in your situation. None of us can afford to absorb that sort of loss and I feel so sorry for the situation you have found yourself in.  The thing is, if the purchase was initially paid for by credit card and you refund against a credit card, how do you know that the two credit cards are the same?  We certainly don't keep records of each and every credit card number - how on earth can we be expected to get it right?  It's a scary situation for us business people.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2402 on: April 13, 2012, 09:25:48 pm »
CP - that's gutwrenching!!  It's really hard to understand the complete amorality that some seem to be blessed with.  Let's hope they get caught . . . or that good ol' karma catches up to them sooner rather than later.  Just seems to take a lot of energy to keep on keeping one step ahead of these predators. . . . .

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #2403 on: April 13, 2012, 10:34:15 pm »
Oh no CP, i feel for you.
Its amazing what stories they come up with to get away with it.

Robyn
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #2404 on: April 13, 2012, 10:58:50 pm »
CP that is terrible, the scammer certainly come up with a believable story that would catch quiet a few people out and pull at the heart strings.
I hope they eventually get caught and maybe you will retrieve your losses.
With today's high tech society there is so much of this type of thing going on around the world. :(
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #2405 on: April 13, 2012, 11:31:57 pm »
At times like this my mum would say, i hope they spend it on sickness , it sound better in Italian but you get what she means 
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2406 on: April 13, 2012, 11:47:14 pm »
They never give up do they.  These type of people make my blood boil and your kindness of heart has caught you out this time CP.  So sorry to hear this story, you know they exist but never know the people to whom these things happen. You won't get caught again but in the meantime you are out of pocket - guess he was coming for a month too #!#!#! Thanks for sharing your story with us, these things need to be out there for all to hear.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #2407 on: April 13, 2012, 11:51:40 pm »
This is how i try and keep up to date with scams

http://www.scamwatch.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/693900
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 11:54:54 pm by fundj »
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #2408 on: April 13, 2012, 11:54:19 pm »
CP,  how  awful, what b*******, I too would have refunded the money however they wanted it, that is just pure evil.

>:(
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline AmandaN

• View Profile
« Reply #2409 on: April 14, 2012, 02:36:29 am »
Cross posting with pizza maker discussion I know but I am hoping to find someone around!

Coles have a pizza maker for $29 so what do you reckon?  Try it?  Or does it just screm Bellini?

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #2410 on: April 14, 2012, 03:11:27 am »
AmandaN if it has a good warranty give it a go. I might even have a look at it when in Coles next.
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

Offline jeninwa

• View Profile
« Reply #2411 on: April 14, 2012, 03:28:02 am »
CP I feel for you, that's just awful, I too would have refunded the money after hearing that story. As my dad use to say what goes around come around. For him big time I hope.
I child-proofed my house, but they still get in!

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #2412 on: April 14, 2012, 03:59:16 am »
Thanks guys, I hope it helps someone too in the future. AmandaN I saw those pizza makers a couple of years ago, and they look very similar to the one I got. They were flying out the door! I heard at the check out they were quite good, so for the price of a couple of pizza's why not give it a go? Keep the receipt and look at the warranty.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #2413 on: April 14, 2012, 04:32:23 am »
I nipped to Coles this morning as I needed some fresh ricotta.  Usually shop in Woolies, but it was quicker to go into Coles, so while there I had a look through their fruit/veg dept and was really pleased with how good everything looked.....Which brings me to what I bought ......fresh figs!!!! 

I've been wanting to try a fresh fig for so long but just couldn't buy any here.  Have also seen some lovely recipes to use them in.  Anyway, I'm really chuffed to find them locally.  ;D

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2414 on: April 14, 2012, 05:00:36 am »
No good deed goes unpunished eh?

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.